Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
August gratitude
sittingbull594 posted:
I've done these gratitude lists on other places. Does anyone object to having it here?
If so we'll just leave the thread get buried.

Grats for today

I survived an extremely difficult day yesterday.

As I was awaken with distressing phone calls (my biz is in the home again) and I was so irritated... I did some meditation and calmed down enough to the point to call back the two ladies who had called.

I'm doing the 21 day meditation challenge with Oprah and Deepak Chopra.

So glad I found this forum here as I really get a lot out of all the tips and all of the posts I read.
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......
FirstPrevious12NextLast

SharonNVirginia responded:
I am grateful for the men in my life. My husband, the big lunk, who stretches himself to be sensitive about my challenges. My #1 son who is full of bombast and paradoxically compassion. My #2 son who is stoic and unmoved by most things sometimes gets very lovey and affectionate toward me. They cheer me up immensely.
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Well this post proves you are coming out of the funk Sharon. Good for you because it didn't last long.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Yay, glad to hear it Sharon!! Woop!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust responded:
That's great SB. I enjoy meditating nowadays. Calms my soul in these stressful days!!!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

sittingbull594 replied to justmejust's response:
Grats:

God in my life

For the beautiful women here on this forum :Judy, Kim, Laura, Kathy, Sharon, The two new lassies, Jannine, abnersmom, Rachael and anyone else I may have accidentally missed.

I bought a beautiful pocket watch yesterday and a white watch. I don't shop very often so I was a happy camper.

Dinner last night with hubby and daughter

My knees seem to be getting a tad better.

I need to get back on the eating plan today! and am glad to share the food journals with ya'll
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

justmejust responded:
Today I am grateful for my friends and all the contributors on this board. Love the support and sharing of ups and downs on our journeys.

I am grateful today that my body is healing as it is becoming healthier through healing food and exercise, and relaxation practice choices. For example:

My mild finger arthritis pain improved from a level of 3 out of 10 to a 1 out of 10!
My level 8 out of 10 low right back, right foot, right leg pain are nearing negligible, maybe 1 or less out of 10!
My itchy scalp has lessened from around a 5 out of 10 to a 1 or 2 out of 10!

Thanks for a great discussion SB! Have you gotten back on your eating plan today SB?

Hugs,
Laura:)
Laura

rachael2011 responded:
Today I am grateful that my younger son who just went off to school sent me an email describing how he was doing.

That I am seeing my older son on Monday for breakfast and to get a few things done before he goes off to school.

For a boyfriend who patently listens to me obsess about whatever it is at the moment I am obsessing about and loves me anyway.

For the support and wisdom for all the folks on this board. You guys are amazing.

That I am gaining confidence and self control with this journey. Times may get tough, but God never gives us more than we can handle.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to justmejust's response:
Awesome that you pain has become so much lesser and your body is healing itself with the healthy choices you are making. You have been doing so good lately!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Congratulations Laura on the physical and mental improvements you've made. So glad to hear that you are doing so well.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Great job on the newly gained confidence Rachael! So happy for you.

Hugs, Laura:) (Sometimes my closing looks like Judy's. Thank you Judy, I love your closing<3)
Laura

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Thank you so much for saying so Rachael. I do have so far to go, but maybe I will get there.

Hugs, Laura
Laura

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim! How is your weight loss journey going lately? Are you happy with your progress?

Laura:)
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
It's going ok Laura. I'm not losing the way I want but I sure am gaining muscle definition, lol.
It's really weird... I catch myself going in to Cody's room which has full length mirrored doors that DON'T make me look like a circus freak, just to "crunch" my abs to check my budding 6 pack, lol CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???
It doesn't look like much , but it really is doing something down there. The sides of my waist are almost rock hard all the time now. Unfortunately, when I measured , I have actually gained 1/2 in total all around and what threw me off was that my waist is bigger... I have to now , do some side bends to tailor it better otherwise I'll look more like Bev Francis than Rachael McLish

as shown here at Miss Universe competition, in the 80s

Bev is OBVIOUSLY on the left, lol. Rachael was the "new" type of bodybuilder that the Competitions started steering toward.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim, my body is getting harder too, all over, but not that hard either! I have beginning muscle definition in my biceps, waist, upper back, arms and legs, etc. just started noticing it this week after I started my strength training class!

Laura
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

To be very honest, I have never really had an issue with my weight until very recently.Other people seem to have an issue with my size and wanted to m...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.