Skip to content
Still losing but it sure is slow...........
jimbo0629 posted:
Still working on my goal to lose between 80-100 lbs. Lost 38 and seem stuck. All this rain in North Florida makes it hard to exercise, but I have been walking even in the light rain. I know the problem I really need to cut some on the calories. Under 190 now so hopefully that will be motivation, plus my son saying I can not do it.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hiya, Jimbo! Glad to see you are still out there chipping away at your journey.
You are doing great. Under 190 is a great thing to be isn't it? Dont listen to your son unless you need the poke in the butt to keep you going. Then , by all means, burn some serious energy PROVING HIM WRONG. It's not for him anyhow. It's for you. He's just egging you to see if you'll quit like all the other times.... You'll make it this time and be healthier because you did it slowly and with health in mind. Right?
Right!

Just push a bit harder when a plateau rests on your shoulders. It's a yoke that you can bare though, so just keep plowing those fields to glory.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Congrats on under 190, Jimbo and glad you checked back in with an update. Have you tired calorie cycling. It helped me avoid plateaus during my weight removal. I did a strict 1200 calories daily, but once a week, I'd go up to 1400 or 1500. I think it keeps your body guessing or something. Anyway, it worked for me. Hang in there and prove your son WRONG! You CAN do it.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
Oh Jimbo you can do it that's something I get motivated by when someone says it cannot be done then I work harder to prove it can be done ...
great job getting under 190 removing 38 pounds is pretty awesome Like Deb says calorie cycling is helpful to keep from plateauing ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mardee responded:
Like Kim said. Under 190 is a great place to be.
I honestly hope i am close to that weight. I will buck up and stand on my scale sometime soon..... Tomorrow maybe

But either way, JUST KEEP PUSHING!!!
You can do it
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
YES, tomorrow , MARDEE.... you just GOTTA! since you walked so much and then went dancing, you HAVE to weigh in to let us know how you did.
Don't make me cry.... I'd have to borrow Aus' little tissue guy and I don't know how to do that, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Well prove him wrong! Don't give up. Keep going.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I always thought I was thin, I dont know how I had the blinders on, then one day I got on the scale and I was at 171 pounds, that was my turning point...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.