Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
And... next on the list of "CRAZY DIET STATEGIES"....
totallywiggedout posted:
WARNING NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART

swallowing these....

Ok, the second photo was from The Tyra Show. This guy is a true internist who is selling these on the internet as a "safe" way to diet.

SO....
An Iowa woman started shopping online BECAUSE SHE BELIEVE IT TO BE SAFE because of a darned talk show......

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/16/tapeworm-weight-loss-scam/2666005/

When we have this type of inappropriate and seriously harmful information literally inundating our daily lives via television and the internet , HOW are people who are desperate to lose weight supposed to differentiate between what will possibly KILL them and what is well and truly safe?

It's just so sad that these HOAXES and HUCKSTERS are even allowed to be given airtime.

Don't believe in anything but yourself. You have the power to change within yourselves.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
GROSS! GROSS! People need to get off their butts and move and watch what they put in their mouths!!!!!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mardee responded:
That is just CRAZY!!
Cows die from those worms.
There are considered a parasite. I don't know why any one would want to put a PARASITE into their body!
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

rohvannyn responded:
Practical Darwinism in action, folks... it's just too bad that people that dumb stay in the gene pool. Desperate people need to do the research before they do anything to their bodies. This includes anything a doctor tells them, because the patient is an integral part of the medical care team.

Sadly, using tapeworms to diet isn't new. I've seen ads for it old magazines, and going back farther than that. It's pretty irresponsible for someone on a talk show to be advocating it, though. Then again, they do all kinds of horrendous things on talk shows such as objectifying people, stimulating family fights, outing transgendered people, and advocating incredibly toxic modes of living. And people wonder why I haven't owned a TV in over three years...
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rohvannyn replied to rohvannyn's response:
By the way...

*ripostes Kim's feint*

*advances*

*block, parry*

*touche!*
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mog1026 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Epee at the ready! En Garde, mes amies! LOL
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

rohvannyn replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
  • ditching epee, grabbing katana, and boarding my ROFLcopter*

That was funny. Although, I should probably switch to my LOLwing for real air superiority.
    Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y
  •  
    SharonNVirginia replied to rohvannyn's response:
    Inconceivable!
    CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
    I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
    The use of tapeworms has been around since the Victorian Era. It was sold by "snake oil" salesmen as the miracle pill to keep you svelte.
    Actually the heads of tapeworms, which then began to grow in the lower stomach and intestines.

yes. gross. Unnecessary and scary.

huggs
    k
    Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    I'd rather eat the margarine with a Crisco chaser.

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
    Well, Kathy, if you DO decide to go that route, then by all means make sure you eat ALL of the cake you want and CAN stuff into your mouth for the next 30 min. Because with all that grease, it'll just about have time to make the impression on your brain before it hits the stool, lol

huggs
    k
    Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    Ouch! Bad Image, but so true Kim. LOL

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

Gained weight, then some more, and a bit more over the past 20 years. Always seemed to be a reason to start dealing with it later, pregnancies, colleg...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.