Skip to content
this is an article on proccessed foods
jis4judy posted:
http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/the-5-worst-processed-foods.html

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Hi Judy, thanks for sharing that article. By the way, years ago I heard that the absolute worst food for your body is trans fat. Our bodies just don't know what to do with it. It is a fat that lasts forever on the shelf. Ever since I heard that I get scared/ cringe every time I choose to have a food item with that in it. i.e. store bought packaged cake icing, hostess type packaged foods...

I think I hear a collective groan about this post.

Huggers, Hardbody Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Yes laura trans fats are the worse and what is strange they can advertise zero trans fats if the small serving size has a certain amount in it I forget the amount .. so it is best to read the ingredients and if partially hydrogenated oils listed it has trans fats they are very deceptive in their marketing of these things

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
That's a good point Judy. It is no wonder 75% of us are overweight or obese with the hidden trans fat that most of us don't know that we are consuming or that it is very unhealthy in any amount.

Hugs back
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi guys.
Margarine. The bane of modern man. That stuff is so completely fake that it literally NEVER spoils or grows mold...did you know that? And, what's more is that humans will eat it and BUGS won't even touch it. You can leave a tub of margarine outside , open to the elements and short of getting dirty, it'll NEVER draw flies and will never ever go bad. It's truly no different than plastic in the eyes of flies, and yet we eat tons and tons of it every year. Makes you wonder just how smart we REALLY are, huh?
Partially hydrogenated (trans fats) are really nothing more than byproducts of the processing of corn and soy beans. The leftovers that can't even be legally fed to meat animals like cows or pigs because it is so bad they can't digest it correctly (and mind you, pigs can eat ANYTHING). Yet it's been ok'd for human consumption.
In other words, it's not ok if the animals we eat eat it, but it is deemed perfectly fine and safe for us to eat it first hand, lol.
Think about that before you spread that crap on your morning toast.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
My dad said that if you ate margarine, it would give you hydrogen burps. He was kidding but it was funny. And there's an Irish song (by the Clancy Brothers, maybe?) that has a line about some kid shouting that his mother told him not to play with another kid "because you're in the dirt! It isn't because you're dirty, it isn't because you're clean, it's because you have the whooping cough and eat margarine!

I don't blame hidden label ingredients for my obesity though. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that lean meat and vegetables are good for you, and baked goods with a million ingredients are bad for me. Instead, I blame my own sweet tooth and the bad choices I have made.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
that's true Roh My sweet tooth is part of the reason I was obese.. a big part . It wasn;t until I did my investigation on better choices for a better body that I became aware of the link to processed foods and over eating the ingredients do fuel hunger .. and do contribute to our over consumption..
they even advertise it remember the lays chip commercial bet you can't eat just one ...
in trying to eat as healthy as possible it is important to avoid things like trans fats they are in most processed foods ...

SharonNVirginia replied to jis4judy's response:
Crisco-it'll do you proud!

In the classic Star Trek episode "The Trouble with Tribbles", the starship Enterprise is transporting grain which when digested creates an additional load in the bodies of the Tribbles who eat it. They eat some and it eats them hungrier. They eat more and it makes them even hungrier. They end up starving to death in a compartment full of grain.

Let's not be Tribbles eating what our bodies cannot use. Let's eat our ideal fuels and be lean, mean fighting machines.
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

. You have to acknowledge that you are worth the effort to get healthier. To accept the fact that you will have "splurges", but that they do...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.