Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/weight-loss/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

THanks every one
    jimbo0629 posted:
    Thanks for everyone's support. I have tried to kick up the exercise a bit, even with all the rain we are getting I North Fl. I can now report the scales said 188 this morning. I am glad it is going slow so hopefully it will stay off. I keep trying to remind myself that this is a life change, not a diet.

justmejust responded:
    Thanks for sharing with us Jimbo mom. Happy your scale showed a good number today! Glad you increased your exercise.

We all learn from you and enjoy your posts! Thanks, and keep posting your ups and downs. It helps us figure out our ups and downs too.

Cheers!
    Laura
    Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

blondie454u responded:
    Remember progress is progress no matter how slow it is. It's better than what you did before your journey. Look back before you lost the weight. Remember how terrible you felt before working out and before eating right. It's progress!
    Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mog1026 replied to blondie454u's response:
    Thanks Amber I am going to try and remember that. It is so easy to get lost in a lack of progress mentality.
    Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
    And knew not eating Death
    Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
    The mind set is the hardest to get into, and i can agree with you there.
    The good thing is, once you have changed your life style, it comes to be second nature and no longer a struggle.
    I hope you the best
    Mardee
    CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
    - Japanese Proverb

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a newlywed (married June 2010) and my husband and I are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I am currently about 280 pounds, and would like to...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
    As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.