Skip to content
HAPPY HUMPDAY!!! WEDNESDAY FOOD AND FITNESS
totallywiggedout posted:
I saw something like this on my FB and couldn't find that one again, but have tried it. This is UNBELIEVABLE it works so well.

Bananas. I thought I was predestined to eat brown ones cause I can't keep up with how fast they "turn".

Buy them slightly green. SEPERATE THEM, stand them up , leaning on something, Wrap HALF of their stems in plastic wrap.
The half that you don't wrap, won't even turn completely yellow for about 4 days. FOUR DAYS!!!!
By that time, you can probably be into the ones that were wrapped.

happy eating

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kim
Did you eat a banana for breakfast ? I am gonna try that with my bananas..
todays breakfast

3.2 oz orange
4 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C Kashi heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
1 Cup black coffee

Dinner plans
Baked chicken breast
sweet potato
broccoli
side salad

I will be going for a walk today
weigh in 152.5
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Wednesday, Aug 21, 2013.
I am no longer OBESE on my chart. I didn't think it would ever happen but I am now just OVERWEIGHT. 174.6 lbs this am. I'm going to make my goal by Sept 1, and I'm very happy about it.

Dark Cocoa coffee x 2 20 oz'ers
32 oz water

AM walk with Holly

Breakfast
Omelette made with 1 whole egg plus 2 egg whites, 1 laughing cow light wedge, 3 tater tots, diced onion and green pepper
Topped w/ 2 tblsp salsa

Have gotten a huge roll of window cling window tint, heavy stuff..... Am beginning today to cut and hang this on all of our windows to cut AC expenses.

Lunch
big bowl of veggie soup
1 orange
1 peach

PM workout
40 min recumbant bike
40 min pool exercises

PM snack
vanilla protein shake w/ chias

Dinner
Warm chicken breast salad w/ homemade ff ranch made w/ ff plain yogurt
1 pc garlic bread

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
CONGRATULATIONS! SALUTATIONS! YIPPEE! WHOOPIE! WOW! That is pretty gosh darned wonderful Kim!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 responded:
Wait, I think it's the ones that you DO wrap won't turn brown. I notice they are coming that way from the stores now.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Aussie I think today is the DAY! Your Popsicles will be arriving! Now what you need to do is run out to the mailbox every 15 minutes or so to make sure they don't evaporate inside the hot as blazes mailbox. You don't want a dried out package do you? So get hopping Aussie and just think how you can brag to Laura at the end of the day... 10, 15, maybe 30 trips to the mailbox. No need to thank me Aussie. Your sweat is my reward.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim that's great news I remember when I finally went from obese to overweight it was a great feeling enjoy that good feeling you get and let it motivate you to continue.
Happy dancing here for you!!!!!!
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Congratulations on that Kim! I am looking forward to that day myself. Must keep moving forward.

weigh in today 192, new number

Breakfast

half grapefruit
cup coffee
1/4 cup nonfat milk
ww toast with pat butter, .3 T grape jam
3 walnut halves

not very hungry today, I like the feeling, happy too with new number finally again.

Going to gym now to do 55 min. circuit training class, 55 min. aerobic class, and 30 minute workout with lunges, light weights, etc. Already did my core exercises.

Have a good one everybody!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mardee responded:
Eeeeeehhhhhh......
Super sick today

No morning walk and no breakfast
Lunch i am just going to have a fruit smoothie
Dinner is going to be home made chicken noodle soup

I really hope i feel better by the weekend. I have another jam packed weekend with a concert, hiking and dancing.
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Wooooo Hoooo Kim!!!!
That must feel amazing!!! I am so happy for you!!
**Happy Dance**
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

mardee replied to justmejust's response:
That is great Laura!
I will make sure to do a happy dance for you as well!!
New numbers always lift the spirits. (if they are moving in the right direction)
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Just got on the scale and I have BROKEN my plateau!!!

But in the WRONG direction ....

Weight - 208

It's breakfast time and I'm sitting here and I don't know what to eat or if I should eat. So Frustrating. I've gotten sloppy with my eating and I am certainly not with the program that is happening now. You gym girls make Judy look like a slacker! What about a geriatric sub-group of the weight loss sub-group! We can call it "OLD BROADS!"

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
No, I didn't eat one for breakfast, but I have tried this through two weeks worth of bananas now and I can't believe how well it works. My bananas are now going on their 5th day and they still have a little green on the ridges. It's pretty darned amazing.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
don't even wrap the whole banana. Just the tip of the stems. I don't even do that because I don't buy more than 5 at a time. But 5-6 will still last 6 days and still be firm and fresh.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
OH, God! Could you whine any more? Jeez Kathy. lol jk
Ok, time to get serious.
Watch the Larabars and the protein bars. Don't do them every day unless they ARE the meal. You are doing them as a snack and they have way too many calories for that.
ONE Bar, not both per day. You are consuming about 450 calories just in larabars/builders bars.
I would really love to see more protein and less carbs in your diet. Replace some of the fruit and breads with something like a very low cal Lavash flatbread with 3 thin slices of turkey, a laughing cow and a bunch of spinach. That would fill you up, get in a couple servs of veggies, and two proteins for about 200 calories or less.
Eat half an apple at one meal, wrap the other half and have it later with another meal or as part of your snack with 1 tblsp peanut butter, or almond butter.

OLD BROADS indeed. You aren't ready for the Red Hat Club. You are still a purple hat, so just keep on moving as much as possible and "jiggle" your foods a bit to let the extra calories sift through and fall out.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old Borderline and Bipolar diagnosed girl who lives in Southern California. I am otherwise healthy just overweight. I deliver pizzas an...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.