Skip to content
T-Minus 2 days to Vacation
rohvannyn posted:
My vacation will start friday, or perhaps saturday if I can get some overtime on friday. I saved up a bunch of my vacation days and took them all together so I'll have a little over 2 weeks off total. I'll be flying up to see my folks for a few days, doing a bunch of art, and hopefully also getting some walking and weight training in. I really need to de-stress right now and all that will help. A little Japanese practice and plenty of hanging out with the spouse will round out the planned activities.

Just figured I'd report what I'd be doing, since I managed to worry some folks the last time I missed a couple days.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
have a great vacation roh you deserve it
have some fun too
hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

shelsangel responded:
WOW can I go HEHEHE. Have fun be safe. Enjoy your time off. HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

mog1026 responded:
Thanks for keeping us up on your schedule, Roh. We like to know that you are okay and it sounds like a wonderful holiday with a little ishIn denshin thrown in by me for that zen feeling. Have fun.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
I hope you have tons of fun!!
Dont miss us to much
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee replied to mardee's response:
Side note.........
Where does the saying T-Minus come from?
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
I think it's from the space program Mardee. Takeoff minus 2 days
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 responded:
Enjoy your vacation! Have fun!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rohvannyn replied to mog1026's response:
Precisely. It is from the space program.

Have fun? Have fun? All the things I mentioned are fun! I can't wait to have time to just do the things I want to do, like set up my Etsy shop, and paint, and walk.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

abnersmom responded:
Sounds awesome, Roh! Enjoy every single minute!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rohvannyn replied to abnersmom's response:
Oh, I will. I'll catch up on sleep, but not too much, and I have a goal of getting outside for at least a little bit every day. I may even go swimming a couple of times.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

blondie454u responded:
Best of luck! Safe travels and as we all have stated have fun!!! LOL!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

justmejust replied to rohvannyn's response:
Yes, Roh, enjoy your time off and be sure to get outdoors and exercise!

We'll be looking for you in a couple weeks.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
hey, Roh. I sure hope you have a good visit with your parents and some seriously fun "together" time with your wifey.
As for your art. Well, you and I both know that that will take some of your time off, but that's more like zen for you. It would be really cool if it starts selling well enough to let you do it full time. Or at least make some good money at it.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Art is play for me, most of the time. So I'll have fun. Yes, I'm still here. I chose to work some overtime and start my vacation late. And I just thought of an innovative way to stretch watercolor paper (so it doesn't curl after being painted) and am looking forward to doing that.

By the way, how many of you think it's odd for parents to fly their thirty something offspring to see them once a year, if they can afford it, and if that's the only way to see them? My spouse says no one else does that unless they are too close to their parents, or in some way dependet on them. Part of it is that she dosen't get along with my folks, so I go alone. I'm probably not going back next year.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 29 year old Borderline and Bipolar diagnosed girl who lives in Southern California. I am otherwise healthy just overweight. I deliver pizzas an...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.