Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Status Update
kalimiller posted:
It's been a long time since I've posted. There have been a lot of changed going on with me.

We were planning on moving to a house about 20 minutes away in Utah, but my husband lost his job. Because of that, we ended up being unable to move. He did get a new job in Texas, so we are moving down there. It's closer to my family anyways, so that will be nice. He left for Texas Friday morning and took all of our stuff and the dogs with him. He is currently staying with my parents and starts his new job on Monday. I am still in Utah - I'm staying with his sister and her husband. I haven't put in my two week notice here, we're trying to decide how long I should stay so we don't have too much of a strain on our finances. I'll be putting my notice in sometime within the next month and then driving down to Texas myself.

It's been pretty stressful, and I'm handling everything the best that I can. I haven't gained any weight - I'm holding steady at 190 right now.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

abnersmom responded:
Oh Kali! I'm so sorry about your husband's job, the house, you having to live apart...all of it! Glad he found a job so quickly and that you will be closer to your parents though. Please keep us posted and talk to us as you go through this difficult transition.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mog1026 responded:
Wow, you sure have had a lot of changes and you are a warrior to hold your weight where it is. You are young and adaptable and you and your husband seem to be very good at taking care of business with a minimum of fuss and drama. More kudos for that. The fact that he found a job so quickly in this economy is yet another reason to say hooray! Utah seemed to be harboring a little black dog cloud over your heads and I bet Texas and closer to your family will bring you good luck. We are thinking of you Kali and always want to hear how you are doing whether your losing, gaining, or holding your own.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rohvannyn responded:
Good to see you here again! I wish you the best. Moving is a pain, but you will be in a better position.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
Well, ok. At least your stuff was already mostly packed from the "probable" move to the new Utah house. I am sorry to hear about your husband's job, but it's really great that he got a new one and you just have to believe that things happen for a reason.
Moveing closer to your parents will be a blessing. I know that you guys were thinking about starting a family in the near future, so maybe this is truly for the best. Your parents will help with the baby etc and you get all of your dogs with you now.
A month isn't so long, you know? Use it to your best advantage while you don't have anyone or anything else to take care of. Get good rest, rent some SERIOUS chick flicks, have a few girls nights out to help you say goodbye to the friends you've made. Concentrate on you during this time. That'll help you relax and make plans for your new Texas experience.

What town you moving to and what is your hubby's new job? Are you transferring from your job or are you looking for a new position too?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
We're moving to Lubbock, TX. It's where I grew up and pretty much my whole immediate family lives. (Funny/sad thing is that one of my brothers just got a job in Provo, which is where I am now-ish - we'll be swapping places almost). So my parents and three of my siblings. My oldest brother is the only child that is married, and he and his wife has a small dog. My parents too. But I've been told that all the pups are getting along.

My husband is going to be working at costco - there is a new store opening up in the area and he is the fourth official employee of the store (the other three are the General manager and two assistant managers...haha). He had his interview on Monday and then they had him stay for a second...and a third interview and then offered him the job on the spot. Pay will be pretty good and we've heard that they have really good benefits (health). I can't really transfer anywhere from my job - it's only got two offices, one in Utah and a new branch that opened up in Florida. So once I get down there I will be looking for a new job.

Thanks EVERYONE for all of your well wishes and kind words. It really means a lot to me, especially today. Today is my anniversary and I'm really sad today. You don't know how badly I could use a hug. I don't have a whole lot of friends that I am leaving behind. I'm not good at hanging on to them. I have one or two friends at work that I am leaving behind and 4 non work friends (two married couples). Both couples had kids in the last 3 months or so, and they are busy with school and stuff. I'm not super close to any of them, so I don't think that a girls night would happen. The one friend that I am really close to moved to the NE a few weeks ago - New Hampshire I think. So I can talk to her over the internet and phone, but can't get together with her.

I'm pretty much throwing myself a big pity party today. Tomorrow will be better, but today I am going to cry because I want to.

Thanks for listening.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
It's your party Kali and you can if you feel the urge, but on the positive side, Costco is a Great company to work for and they treat their employees really well. On the negative side it's your anniversary and I'm sure you're missing the dogs, a dog, any dog who will give you some sympathy tonite. It sucks to be left behind. I think I'll go have a sniffle for you baby! ;-(
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

shelsangel replied to kalimiller's response:
Hey NO pitty party. You have friends here. Get ready here comes and gigantic HUGG. Chin up everything happens for a reason. Maybe you might get something special in the mail today from Hubby, you never know. I'm sure he is missing you like crazy too. Just think positive HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Aw, Kali. I'm sorry you had to spend your Anniversary alone. That's so sad.
Just be kind to yourself today though. Go get a mani and a pedi or something "girly" after work. Sometimes you just GOTTA pamper yourself. you know?

Hope today goes really well for you.

((BIG HUGGS))
and Holly n Bowzer send wet doggy kisses

k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u replied to kalimiller's response:
Awww Kali I am so sorry! That's horrible to spend your anniversary alone. I would through a pity party for myself as well but as the other ladies stated maybe you will get something a little extra special today. Even though your husband lost his job but found a new fairly quickly and the moving situation sounds like everything else is under control. Kudos to that!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kali spending your anniversary alone is the pits I have done that many times over the years but early on I think it is harder to deal with //
make plans to celebrate when you get settled in the new place ...Costco is a great place for your hubby to work...
life sure can change in a hurry sometimes but it sounds like it will be great once you get settled ..
good luck with all the changes
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Sorry you are spending your anniversary alone without hubby or puppies. Sounds like some dramatic but positive changes are coming your way. Be good to yourself with something you really enjoy...and do keep us posted.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

ausgram replied to kalimiller's response:
Oh yeh, Kali, its no fun to spen your anniv alone. I do it most years cause its hunting season and those deer are more important then anniversaries. Grrrr. ha ha. Maybe next year you and your hubby can do something special to make up for it. All your moves, wow, but try and look on the bright side. and like Kathy said, Costco is a good company to be working for. If he is a good employee, he will go up the ladder and always have a job.
Hang in there Kali, you will do alright.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I weigh 362 lbs, and I feel helpless and hopeless with this weight. The profile pic. is my skinny picture. Then I got sick and all the weight came bac...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.