Skip to content
Food and Exercise Friday 8/23/13
rachael2011 posted:

Happy weekend, everybody!!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 responded:
Drank too much during my visit last night so weight is up at 283.0. Had a good visit with Dad and his fiance though.

Breakfast- Orange (keeping it light)

Lunch will be salad w spinach, zucchini, red pepper, tomato, 3 oz chicken, 2T feta and 2 T light dressing.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good morning Rachel!

Way to go bringing things back in line.

Last night I had a terrible night's sleep. My right arm was hurting so badly that I woke repeatedly. I no longer think this pain is related to my benign tumor. My mom is seriously alarmed because we have a family history of DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis). Daddy died from it and brother was in intensive care with it just recently. Diabetes ups the risk..But I've never heard of it starting in the arm. Will call doc when she opens in 30 min.

Forgot to weigh in this AM. Is some subconscious thing going on there?

breakfast
2 small sausage patties
.5 C rolled oats
.75 C blackberries
.5 t cinnamon.'

I will not walk unless my arm feels better.

Smoochies!

Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Thank goodness you're not going to walk and you're going to the doctor! I mean you needed to be evac'd from your walk yesterday. Give yourself a break Sharon and talk to the doc about what's going on. You will still be slim and lovely in time if you give yourself time to recover, Miss Schmoochies. xx
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom replied to rachael2011's response:
Good morning, Rachael and Sharon. Good job getting back on plan this morning, Rachael. Sharon, let us know what the doctor says.

Morning weight: 151

Breakfast: Whole wheat wrap with 2 thin slices deli roast beef, 1 med. orange

Don't know what the rest of the day holds with food. I took the day off and am going to my best friends for a slumber party! Food and drink will be not good, but it will be worth it. Oh the fun my friends of 30 years and I will have!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Weight - 206.6

Finally out of 207! What a waste of a month this has been! I went from 203 to 207 in 2 days and then just couldn't get moving again except up, not down. Thinking about what to eat, maybe the same as yesterday since it seemed to be the right amount.

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning all!

weight today 289.8

exercise

core exercises
aerobics
yoga

breakfast

hb egg
ww toast, pat butter, grape jam, cinnamon
half cup ff milk
cup coffee
2 walnut halves, 2 almonds

I was a little bit hungry. For the years I was overweight I don't remember being hungry.

Have a great day everyone! And Sharon, my friend had a clot in her finger in 2000 and it was serious! Glad you are going to doc.

Laura:)
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, so glad you had a good time with your dad. I love being with my dad also.
Your indulgence in drink calories was just that. It is good and important that you are back on track today!

Thanks,
Laura:)
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

sittingbull594 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi all... I admit I've been ashamed of posting my food log.
I've really fallen off and have the "O I can never do this" and "it doesn't really matter if I'm huge" attitude.

So I'm going to man up and fight harder!! We're all fighting for ourselves but by banning together here We FIGHT for Each Other!

You gals are so amazing! I would be interested in those who have already lost a bunch of weight of what keeps you going on the days you feel weak. Please do write in.

So this morning:

breakfast: 2 pieces hi protein all grain toast
1 T. of honey
2 cuppa with redi whip

Yesterday I over did it at the pool 45 mins. of exercise.
Today I'm going down to an old part of town with my bff to shop have a pedi and lunch. I will have a light lunch! Went to bed at 7 p.m. last night and actually slept thru till 4. fell back to sleep after potty and then woke back up at 5:30.
YAY

To all who are struggling I am also. To all who are doing well KEEP GOING AND EVEN IF YOU ARE STRUGGLING FIND STRENGTH HERE IN THE PEEPS WHO HAVE BECOME SUCCESSFUL IN THEIR WEIGHT LOSS.

Kudos
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Laura you're killing me here! Hahaha! Get that 2 out of your head. "Ain't nobody got time for that!" You are a 1 kind of girl now!,,

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Also Laura, it's a good thing to be a little hungry isn't it? It looks like a really healthy breakfast you are eating this morning before you're off to work out. Yea, Laura on all your success!

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
Good morning Friends, We had a nice rain last night. YAY!

Weigh-In 185 Wow, I can't believe I am hanging on to that. I wonder what the problem is that I don't move off that number. ha. Judy, don't say it. Its the Cheetos and granola bar. BTW, whats wrong with a granola bar, I thought they were suppose to be healthy. I suppose I better walk out to the mailbox a couple times. I'll have to do it here pretty sooon cause 90 degrees plus coming up shortly. ughs!

Brkfst - 1 orange 1 cup of joe
Lunch going to be shrimp salad and corn on the cob
supper, not sure yet, too early in the am.

Wow Sharon, what an experience you had yesterday. Glad your going to the doc.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
wow lots going on today
Sharon having issues with heat and walking good to see doc
Laura kicking butts doing great
Rachael back on track
Kathy breaking through to the losing side
and Sandy aka Aus yes granola is healthy but extremely high in calories so try have a small portion of these things

today I did my usual breakfast
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C each gg crunchy pecan Kashi heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
3.2 oz strawberries
4.1 oz orange

went shopping for fresh stuff for weekend
took a 1 hour walk right after shopping
Dinner today will be about 4oz boneless skinless chicken
3 oz red potato a green vegie a side salad

2 Cups green tea with lemon

apple with peanut butter amounts not sure

2 oz pistachios

1/3 C greek plain ff yogurt
1/2 T honey
2/3 C blueberries
1/8 C gg crunchy pecan
maybe a few sliverd almonds

That's the plan for the day

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon- When you feel up to it, please post and let us know how you are doing. Just thinking about ya.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. The news is good. No clot. However, a demon I thought I had eluded 5 years ago has appeared. My arm problem is lyphedema. A buildup of fluid in the arm which had a lymphectomy 5 years ago. Apparently my recent upsurge in exercise has caused it to become a real issue. So from now on I get to wear a compression sleeve. The doctor ordered me to take it easy until my recheck on Tuesday. He means knock off the exercise walks. I am on Vicodin because the pain was so excruciating I was sweating from it and close to vomiting. So. I will completely lay off exercise today and tomorrow and maybe try stationary bike on Sunday. Since holding onto the handlebars will keep my arms elevated and stationary, I expect that won't cause problems.

Lunch was buffet at Indian restaurant- no rice only 1 hand sized piece of naan, 3-4 oz. of chicken and lamb, loads of veggies- IDK how much butter.

It is what it is but it will be what I make it.

Smoochies!
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well lets see, i am 38 years old and at my heaaviest i was 284. I have struggles with weight since i was 6. well i didnt try to lose weight then but i...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.