Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
FRIDAY YES finally here
shelsangel posted:
OK weigh in at 285.6 down 2.2 lbs for the week.

Breakfast whole wheat toast, c watermelon, banana

Lunch romaine salad with boiled egg lite dressing

Dinner unknown

Swimming for 1 hours and light weight lifting for arms 15 mins each.

Terrible week Tuesday early am Sisters home burnt to the ground, just found out yesterday my 89 year old Mother has a major infection in new knee replacement (01/2013) will have major surgery Wednesday 08/28 (not firm yet waiting on Medicare approval). She had a lot of needle biospies done yesterday so they will know what kind of antibotics to use after they scrap out all the infection. She is already on her 3rd pacemaker. Praying that the weekend is better
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 291.2 CW 288.1 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

mog1026 responded:
Good Grief that's a stressful week!!! My house burned in 1996 but the memory is still fresh so I have a lot of empathy for your sister. And your poor Mom You will need to exercise if you can to get rid of some of the stress. Try to keep journaling so you can stay on track as best you can. Get enough sleep and drink a lot of water. That's my best advice. Good luck this weekend.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
yes Kathy is right that is a stressful week
some good exercise does help to relieve the stress some
wishing your Mom a good recovery
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mardee responded:
Shels
I am sorry to hear
I hope everyone is okay!

and send my best wishes to your mother.
I know how that is, i had staff infection in my hip, it was no good. I hope that everything goes okay and they are the infection out.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

rachael2011 responded:
Sorry to hear about your Mom and sister. Am sending prayers up for both. Take care of yourself and do whatever you like to do to de-stress.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

SharonNVirginia responded:
What they said!!

It is what it is, but it will be what you make it.

Our house burned in 1979. My husband still jokes that he will never ask me to paint the house cause I';ll just burn it down. Well, it's funny when he says it in person.

Spend time contemplating nature. It helps put things in perspective.

And remember this, your weight loss can be the good story in the family right now. My mom was widowed last month, but she revels in every pound I lose, every exercize I do, the foods I eat and the smaller size I am wearing. Moms are like that. Give yours something good to think about.

I will be praying for you and yours.

Smoochies,

Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ladylavender responded:
Wow, Shels, that is a very stressful week for your family! I'm very sorry to hear about your sister's home and for the surgery your mom will be facing. My mom is 84-1/2, and any surgery would be hard on her. Prayers for you and your family ascend.

Good for you for keeping up the exercise. I had a very stressful morning, and mowing this afternoon until I was exhausted was the best thing I did today. After recovering and showering, I feel a bit rejuvenated.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

sittingbull594 replied to ladylavender's response:
Wow that's hard! Will say some prayers for you and family.

God speed.
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

justmejust responded:
Wow, will be praying for you and your mom and family. It is important to take care of your nutrition and exercise and congratulations on a good job on that for sure today.

Prayers and blessings that all is well as possible.
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to ladylavender's response:
You ok Abby? Mowing is a great stress reliever for me too, as is washing dishes.... I hope that whatever was eating at you this am is better now.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout responded:
Ah, nasty stuff to have infections in joint replacements. Lots of it happens though because of lack of absolutely sterile conditions when the joint is replaced or the fitting itself . Any open surgery can give you infections though, I just hope this next surgery clears it up completely and lets her mend fully.

I've never encountered a house fire , even nearby, so I can't imagine the stress that must be related to one. All I can say is that I'm sorry it happened and that I do hope that everyone is ok and they were able to save most of their precious things.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Sorry to hear about your family. I will certainly keep them in my prayers.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 50 yrs old and live in SC, was born and raised in Ohio. I have 2 children both adults now. I am a psychic medium, tarot reader. I have high blood...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.