Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food and exercise - sunday August 25
ausgram posted:
Morning all you beautiful people!

Weigh-In (not so beautiful, Ha) 188. I'm bummed. I didn't do anything different and it went way up. sniff.

Today is Sunday and we will be going out to eat after church and that isn't going to help. I will try and watch it.

Brkfast - 1 1/2 cups cantelope.

See I start out good.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Sandy and everyone
boy did I sleep late today
My breakfast today

2.8 oz orange
2.3 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C Kashi heart to heart
1/2 C fat free milk
1 C black coffee

Dinner plans for today
Pork chop with onions
green beans
maybe baked beans or little red potatoes
side salad

2 C green tea with lemon

supper
2 oz pistachios
greek yogurt
strawberries
honey
blueberries
maybe a small amount of gg crunchy pecan

that's my plan for the day amounts may vary some so I didn;t list the amounts for the planned stuff
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Morning Aus! Have had a wonderful weekend so I'm not concerned about all I ate. Will be back on program today. Am still staying with my friend so not sure what our breakfast will be. Just wanted to check in and read the posts that I have missed. Back to reality tomorrow. Fall semester begins and it will be one crazy week. First home football game is Thurs. night. I love fall and football, but oh my, where did summer go??

Have a great day everyone.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good morning Aus, Judy and Debbie!

A new low weight today

Really happy about that as I was a complete slug yesterday due to the arm pain.

rolled oats, blackberries, cinnamon

off to church!

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mskelli76 replied to abnersmom's response:
Morning all...haven't forgot ya'll, just have started using the myfitnesspal app so I can track my food while I am at work and such.

Breakfast today:

1 c Multigrain Cheerios
3/4 c 2% milk
1 c diced cantaloupe
coffee w/ creamer

Weigh in today: 220

SW: 225.2 CW: 220 GW: 145

sittingbull594 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hey Aus... Hang tough! Debbie... Yay.... Hi Judy! Keep it up
and Sharon YAY!

as for me... Don't know weight cuz only weigh once a week

breakfast:
2 pc. toast hi fiber and protein
2 cuppa w/ redi whip
1 tsp. honey

Am getting ready to go grocery shopping (that's hard for me) so will walk the store with heavy buggy. and do one more load of laundry. for exercise today. am going to be done by noon and then relax and rest hopefully
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

SharonNVirginia replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Back from church.

The sermon was on King Solomon's downfall. King Solomon began departing from the Lord one little step at a time. God said make no alliances with Egypt. Solomon made an alliance with Egypt. God said Israel's kings should not build up horses, wealth or wives. Gradually Solomon did all three. Solomon spent 7 years building the Lord's temple but he spent 15 years building his own house.

Proportion. Keeping things in proper proportion is so important in life. Correction. When you see that you are off course, you need to chart a course correction and see it through. Rules. Having rules and obeying them keep you from needing a course correction. Solomon was granted wisdom by God but he didn't use the wisdom to guide his own life. Let's do better that King Solomon.

Have a set of rules to keep you on course. Obey them.

When you don't obey them, set a correction course.

Remind yourself of your goals and frequently review your progress, of pounds discarded and habits changed.

Lunch:
tossed salad
3 oz. chicken breast
.25 C creamy french yogurt dressing.
10 pecan halves

I don't think I praise "the nut habit" enough. I picked it up from "You On a Diet" morning and afternoon snacks about .5 oz. nuts. The nuts cut my hunger until the next meal. I get hungry but not ravenous. I think they are a big contributor to my success. I am losing slowly and want to be because I don't want to have folds of loose skin left over when I am done. I also don't want to think of this way of eating as something temporary. I look at how Judy and Debbie eat as being my future. I am never going back to Big Mac Value Meals and Coca-colas. I like the way I feel now too much to risk losing it.

Smoochies,

Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

sittingbull594 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon,
Did you get the wisdom from him too! I found what you wrote really comforting in so many ways. Do you know where that part is in the bible? I would like to read it myself today.
No worries if to hard to find.

I get ravenous hungry but its do to some meds that i'm back on to maintain my mental health. They are what were a major force in my huge weight gain. I already drink tons of water so much so that sometimes I over drink it and can flush out my system of all the good things.

afternoon lunch:
6 oz. raspberries (o heck yay)
1/5 of a sugar free angel food cake (only 70 calories)
1 hazelnut/kaluha non alcohol ff decaeif latte

I'm one hurting machine so I put on my tens unit for knees and back. GRRRR.... but I did it.
I shopped pushing extremely heavy cart for an hour and a half.
BUT I DID IT! YAYAYAYAY
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

justmejust replied to sittingbull594's response:
Good afternoon everyone! Some good posts!

Weigh in today 190.4

Breakfast and lunch food

cup ff milk
cup coffee
.35 kashi go lean
3 walnuts, 2 almonds
25 pumpkin seeds
1/4 oz sunflower kernels
red apple
half hb egg
grapefruit

1.5 cup lentil soup
half can tuna in water, slice onion, pickle
slice ww bread
8 small asparagus spears
12 pistachio nuts
12 green grapes
8 tortilla chips, 2 T salsa

I've totaled 1200 calories so far so will keep it light tonight.

My foot has been hurting so taking it easy today on the exercise, spending time with my daughter at home. That's my excuse anyway. I'll be back in my exercise routine tomorrow but won't be adding any extra exercises for now.

Well, continue to have a great day everyone. Good job SB, Kelli, Sharon, Sandy, Debbie, and Judy.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
Bad news, must confess. Had 2 1.5" home made brownies that were to die for. Hubby made them, but these were the most perfect consistency ever. Better not do this often or I will die from eating them literally. This is why I write or confess my food here even when it is terrible. I know that I have to write my food so it so often keeps my food healthy so I won't embarrass myself.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
I understand that Laura I post all my slips or planned indulgences because being honest with ourselves is best for continuing the journey/
I baked a banana bread today myself and had a thin slice
it was surprisingly good even though I changed the recipe to include ground flax seeds it is rather heavy but very moist and pretty tasty too ///
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Weight - 205.2

Breakfast - peach

Lunch - medium tortilla, 1/4 cup pizza sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, scallions, mushrooms, bit of Parmesan, garlic, oregano
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Dinner - 6 Oz fillet mignon, medium baked potato, 1 1/2 t butter, broccoli

Snack - Clif's builders bar - I only intended to eat a piece of it, but oops!

Calories - 1182

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
.75 cup Lima beans .75 slice home made vegetable pizza

Total days calories about 1700. Exercise was low today so combined with higher calorie intake I expect scale will be up tomorrow weigh in.

Kathy, I see your menu posts! Good job on that, I sense determination!

Laura:)
Laura

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Thanks Laura. I'd like to take another stab at onderland. Earlier this summer I was only a pound away...so near and yet so far....LOL!

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.