Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Made it through weekend
shelsangel posted:
Well by the time me and hubby arrived for visit with my Mother on Friday she was a total wreck. My Mother can only hear part of what is said to her and when my sister explained to her what was going to take place in the surgery all she got out of it was CHOPPING her leg off. I explained to her through slow conversation and a white erase board that they were going to remove the knee, put in a spacer and pack it with antibotics until infection was gone then they would put the knee back in.

Didn't feel like eating much over the weekend but did drink a lot of water and some swimming.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and support.

Breakfast
1 boiled egg
1 c Great Grains cereal
1 c ff milk
banana

Lunch
romaine salad with ff catalina dressing
1 c watermelon

Dinner unknow at this time

I hope everyone has a fantastic MONDAY.
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

SharonNVirginia responded:
ShelsAngel,

I am sure I speak for the whole community in expressing support for you and your mother during this trying time. During this time, remember what they tell you during the safety lecture on an airplane. If the need for oxygen arises, first secure your own oxygen mask then help those with you.

Your mom needs your steadiness during this trial. Take care of yourself first. Sleep, eat, exercize and rest so you can be at your best for her. My family recently went through something similar and we took shifts.

Smoochies!
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

shelsangel replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Thank you Sharon for all the words of experience. Let me say this has been a long hard road with my Mother and I'm sure there will be more to come. It is hard to put myself first after always having to take care of my 3 kids (grown now) and an ex that was selfish, always him first. I'll try and I'm hanging in there HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I recently retired and am trying to adjust to the slower pace of life. I have gained a bit and am trying to get a routine going to become more active...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.