Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Would you welcome a Newbie?
parakeet210 posted:
I'm obese. I don't know if you're like me or not but I sweat bullets when I'm outside. There are some physical restrictions I must follow but I get by.
Other than that I'm geared up. I tried Fit day but because of time constraints I've found it difficult to add all the nutrional etc stuff into the charts.
I've got to loose this weight because of pre-diabetes. If I haven't already got diabetes I would be surprised but I do know I have pre- as I had the blood test from doc.
Well that's all for now.

Janice

jis4judy responded:
Hi Janice we have a few members like you diabetes and pre diabetes so welcome yes fitday is time consuming to start it does get easier after a while
best place for you to start is eliminate most processed foods they are loaded with carbs and sugar very bad for anyone especially diabetics . fresh fruits and vegies are good
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

j9celeste responded:
Hello Janice

Of course a newbie is welcome. We were all newbies at one point.

I've been moving the past couple of days and have been soaked with sweat when everybody else is just a little damp. I understand.

I tried Fitday and WebMD food and fitness tracker but have found something easier. If you have a smart phone that will accept a bar code, Lost It will let you scan a bar code and put all the info. in for you. It's really cool.

If using all of the nutritional information doesn't work for now, just begin by counting calories and staying away from processed foods like Judy suggested. She's our Yoda .

This place is great. Welcome

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 260 GW 165

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten great advice so welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi everyone,

I had really really bad hives last night and its got me scarred to death. I will call allergist this a.m. cuz I don't know even at this point what to stay away from?? Processed food definetly.
I am extremely nervous.

I had some life threatening (anaphylactic shocks) allergies in the past. Boy if this doesn't make a person wake up and pay attention to what their eating I don't know what will.

I do have a bar code on my phone. So I download the Lost it app? and then scan every food I eat on the bar code Janine??

Thanks a lot. Appreciate it

janice

shelsangel replied to parakeet210's response:
WOW sorry to hear about your hives. Good luck with the doc and hopefully they can help you. HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Oh Janice so sorry you had the hives so bad I once had hives do to an allergy I had hives everywhere the soles of my feet and palms of my hands even in my eye lids had to take a few weeks of steroids to make it go away it was from an allergy to Pennacilyn my spelling stinks ..
but allergies are the pits ..
I have been eating pretty clean for a little over a decade to improve my health and it works . some things got better right away with the weight loss like pain in joints that got better first
then after 3 whole years eating clean my life long struggle with asthma went away ..I think I was allergic to processed foods
these are great nbenifits for sticking to the plan to eat clean I do mine 90% clean and 10% screw up most people do 80% and 20%
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi Janice,
Gads! Hives... what next , huh? I hope your allergist prescribes those "quick shots" that you can carry just in case you have another attack. Scary stuff.

Check out our Resources link at left side of page.... sign in and click on it. You'll find a really good member built link to some really nice, easy and fun exercises and our own tried and true recipes... these are some of our own and links to recipe pages that our members have tried and approved of for taste and ease of preperation.

just make one little change every few days. Get used to them , then make some more changes.... its a process of learning and adhering to a healthier lifestyle that you can live with for the rest of your life. NOT a diet for quick fixes that won't last.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey thanks all

Judy that's amazing what you've been able to accomplish!
Kudos to you gal! Janine thanks for the support will do and Kim I will def. check out those areas on the resources link.

Well, here's what I found out yesterday at the allergist's office. My doc moved to another clinic and I'm not willing to drive that far to go see him. (we're not goin steady anyways! he heE)

Saw a PA that has been in allergy for o probably at least 20 years and knows the two docs I've worked with which is a good sign. She told me she didn't think it was food but I've had the trots for a few days and her conclusion was that it c/b from a virus that I rec'd the hives or immune system is compromised somehow.

I'm hoping it was just cuz I had trots in a big way. OOOOh icky. sorry. Anyway she is blood testing a few things that I've eaten that I thought might be it? I've been so nervous because of all of this that I really thought in the PA's office I was having more hives. On my way to the lab to have the blood drawn I stopped in for a pit stop at restroom and checked myself over..... Nada! Gee I'm embarrassed.

Thank you ladies for the support.

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
I get hives so I feel your itch. Most hives are idiopathic and you never find out why. I know stress can bring on an attack for me and also sometimes if I'm in the sun. Soooo annoying cause each little hive lasts for a week or more and I can get tons. Hope yours go away soon!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
I've had hives so many times for over a decade as was allergic to some food things. I was glad when that ended so I'm really glad to have being tested for some of those foods as well as knew ones. I'm on a small does of zyteck as a preventative.
Yes I've had hives up me and all over so bad. That's why I was so scared. I was glad to get the good news and will no tomorrow if any of the food she blood tested comes up positive.
i'm relatively blocked.. They took many hours and was still swollen yesterday but the hives were gone. Take care all

Spotlight: Member Stories

Always heavy finally got my dream body after losing 130lbs 5 years ago....i maintained until my first pregnancy, now I'm 230lbs again. I need to t...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.