Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Newbie looking for tips!
Hollister1969 posted:
Hi All,
I am new to this group, over the past 6 months I have been taking my health much more seriously. I am about to turn 44 in October and I would love to lose 100 lbs by my birthday next year (I'd love to run a 5k by next year). I would love some weight-loss/ exercise tips. I do belong to a gym and I eat fairly healthy but I am also diabetic and I am just not dropping the weight like i thought I would.

thanks!

shelsangel responded:
Welcome to the community. I'm fairly new too just in last month or so. There are a lot of ladies here with tons of information to share. They are AWESOME to lean on too in time of need. HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

Hollister1969 replied to shelsangel's response:
Thanks for the response! I have tried clean eating, juicing, etc. I do like that but to do it all the time is a lot of work. I don't mind going to the gym either. I know its possible to lose the weight, i would love a place to come and get some motivation and advice from those determined ladies that already have!

Thanks!
Holly

jis4judy replied to Hollister1969's response:
Hi Holly it is a life style change that is needed to get our weight under control what I use is a 90% stick to the plan with a 10 % mess up ..most everyone else uses the 80% and 20%
It becomes second nature to eat this way when you stick to it for a while I have been on my journey a little over a decade a few slips along the way .. so welcome aboard we love newbies
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Hollister1969 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy, I never looked at it like that. I guess we should all build a little mess up plan into our eating routine! thanks!

mardee responded:
Hello Holli!!

Fine your motivation and stick with it!!
If you are not motivated, you will not go far.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee replied to mardee's response:
Also, WELCOME!!!
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

Hollister1969 replied to mardee's response:
Thanks! I am glad to be here and really appreciate the warm welcome!

Hollister1969 replied to shelsangel's response:
Okay, silly question. How do I set up a signature like yours?

"Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it "

mardee replied to Hollister1969's response:
You just need to click on your picture/username
Scroll down and click on "edit signature"
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

Hollister1969 replied to mardee's response:
THANKS Mardee! I couldn't find it!
I'm just starting out, I will post stats soon! -Holly

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard Holli! Another key thing is to stay away from process and packaged foods. Eat as fresh as possible. Shop the perimeter of the store for the freshest foods.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kayla and I am a 24 year old graduate student. I have put on about 60 lbs since high school and have been struggling to lose the weight. I ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.