Skip to content
sore foot arch
justmejust posted:
Does anyone know what exercise is helpful for foot arch pain? I started using ice, tennis ball, stretching, elevating. The pain is mild to moderate. It hurts a little when I sit or stand.

I bought new tennis shoes for better support.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mardee responded:
Try heat to loosen it up.
Also, when you are sitting down, lift your foot and write the ABCs is the air with your foot. Make sure you bend at the ankle and use your toe as "the tip of the pen". It will give your whole foot a work out.
It will help with blood flow.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

justmejust replied to mardee's response:
Thanks Mardee! I tried both today. The heat was uncomfortable, but ice felt good. The pointing toe and writing alphabet in air felt good on my arch and foot.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, when I get arch pain, I do some simple stretches... along the lines of Mardee's suggestion.
The ones that help me the most are standing on the very edge of a stair step, balancing weight mostly on toes, slowly lower your heels , then raise back up to "tippy toes" . This stretches the tendons and muscles along your archline and strengthen the arch to help support you better and keep from these sorts of injuries and pains.

Running and aerobics are notoriously bad on your feet. Do some foot stretches like Mardees and these stair ones before you run or workout to help ready your feet for the pounding you are gonna give them.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim! I just did three of the stair foot stretches you recommended. Yay! Felt great. Hope pain stays away more and more. Love my workouts, but will not add more until pain resolves. Shoe store said my arches have fallen some. Does this just happen over time as store said, or did I do something to cause it?
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a senior citizen who is STILL looking to re-reach a goal set years ago. 50 lbs. would be wonderful! Because of a heart problem, a diagnosis ...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.