My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Here's a little MIDWEEK MOTIVATION for ya'
totallywiggedout posted:

Yes, but pushups and crunches work too!

We all do it. It's time to STOP!

This truly works.
If you are tired, GO WORK OUT.
If you are angry or sad, GO WORK OUT
If you feel like quitting, GO WORK OUT... TWICE AS LONG!
your body knows what it needs to be healthy and happy.
JUST DO IT.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
love these Kim and it is so true
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
That girl looks like she's been out of the womb for 60 seconds or so...a lovely child. Let us not promote unrealistic expectations. . And while exercise is a component of weight loss, I would like to propose that those of us OVER 50 use common sense and a degree of moderation in everything we do here. Exercise is GREAT but it does not cure all our troubles and since some of us can be obsessive (think eating), in my humble opinion Judy is an excellent example of how do do it right when you are an AARP member and not already a marathon runner. My doctor stressed to me to remember that in this game it is food 80% and exercise 20%. Sounds like a good mantra.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
I think Kathy you are right we older gals do have to be aware that too much exercise can be just as bad as too much food ..
I also think that the girls with thyroid problems need more exercise than others this is a so personal decision for each of us .. I have done too much exercise in the beginning and sidelined myself with sore muscles for a week or so .. But we do need to move some ...all of us I have found my happy medium and occasionally drop everything and get a sudden workout in ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, is that true? Us with the thyroid problems. Never heard that before. But that is scary. I better go get on my treadmill. thanks Judy.

ps - Kim, I love excuses. I am still laughing over the time you got after me and put all my excuses on here. ha ha ha! But your right, excuses don't get me exercising.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

blondie454u responded:
Yep! So true!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rachael2011 responded:
I like the last one the best. "Workout" doesn't have to mean hard core gym time. It's up to the individual what a good workout is to them. For me, I am proud of walking at my snail's pace on the treadmill, because I am sweating and know it's my best. It improves my mood and mental health every time.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
sorry to say Sandy that I do believe it is true look how much Laura is moving and she is losing on a regular basis ..if you have a sluggish thyroid your metabolism is slower than normal so therefor you have to work harder than someone with normal thyroid function this sounds logical to me

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy..... why do I feel like I've just been slapped? I had absolutely no intention for these photos to make anyone , old, young , obese or in pain.... upset.

Looking at young, beautiful bodies shouldn't be upsetting.
What I wanted was for everyone to look PAST her age and physique though... and look at her SMILE.
Look at it. Please... It's the smile that says "ok, come GET me! I'm tougher than I LOOK. I can OVERCOME anything in my path."
She's EMPOWERED and KNOWS it. Not because of youth, but because she's actively TRYING to be fitter and stronger and healthier.

It makes NO DIFFERENCE how old you are. If you are just going to sit around waiting for death, disease, rapidly decreasing health/dementia and PAIN to overcome you... to BEAT you......
then you've ALREADY LOST the battle.

But if you pick your butt up off the couch and do SOMETHING...ANYTHING to improve your body's fitness...
then , you can STILL WIN THE WAR.

That said,
I apologize for assuming that these photos were inspiring enough to share, perhaps the concept was right, but the delivery was wrong.....

So, here's to us (and I DO mean , US) Oldies but Goodies.....

This is a class for senior arthretics. They live with pain EVERY DAY. They are ALL older . They are NO LESS EMPOWERED than that "baby" in the first photo.

These people are CHOOSING LIFE and are not giving up without a damned fight.

here's the link to go with this photo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/08/exercise-after-50-how-to-stay-in-shape-personal-fitness_n_3035825.html

All I'm asking and hoping for every member here , is that you choose to be a fighter. It's your life and your health and your body.
It may never BE perfect, but it can STILL BE STRONGER and HEALTHIER.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, Sandy....I hope you do laugh about what I said when I pointed them out. I never wanted to make you feel bad. I love you and everyone here. ((((((group hugg)))))))

I make excuses too.
But we can NEVER let our excuses outweigh our resolve.

If we find that the "scale" is tipping toward the excuses side, it's time to push a few of those suckers OFF the scale.

EXCUSES WEIGH YOU DOWN!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

mardee responded:
To me, that first picture is AMAZING.

It is all on how you take it in. To me it says that you DON'T have to do push ups and crunches. You just need to do everything you are ABLE to do to be fit.
Just like Judy, she got HER POWER by eating right. For me, it is going to be a mixture of excessive and eating right so i can get MY POWER back

It is all about taking YOUR power back in anyway that you can
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kimbo, I just found this post late in the day. You know I think you're wonderful in EVERY way and I wasn't slapping YOU, I was making smily faces which unfortunately are my only emoticons. Where is Aussie when I need her! Blame it on the limitations of the written word. I know we both agree on keeping this process sane because we never want to see a friend slip over the edge of not eating enough or exercising so much she injures herself. I think it's easier for you kids (under 50) to push yourselves much harder in eating and exercise plans, and older gals who have been sedentary have to be more careful, especially in the heat. That's the only point I wanted to make. I just looked at the photo of the girl and laughed when I tried to identify with her. Could she be my great-granddaughter? That's not to say the message isn't a good one. It is. xoxoxo Bubbe!

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, emoticons are easy....
try the crying guy..... colon apostrophe left bracket(over the number 9)

no spaces in between...

then try the winker with the semi colon and capital D
;D

and then the squinchy eyed grinner capital X capital D

and the skeptical guy
colon forward slash(under question mark key)

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
aw shoot, winker must be semi colon rt bracket(over the zero)
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm starting my journey - AGAIN - but it's different this time....I don't know exactly why, but it is. I want to lose between 48 and 58 po...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.