either sweet potato or baked beans
side salad

2 or 3 C green tea
will have pistachios and the yogurt with berries and honey
this is becoming a habit
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
Morning Judy and to all who come after us.

I remembered to weigh this morning. I don't know why I forget yesterday other than being so doped up with all these dumb pills. ha.

Weigh-In 186. My body is stuck on that number. Boooo!

Breakfast - 1/6th cantelope

Have no clue what to have for lunch but for a morning snack, I'm having a cinnamon crunch bagel from Panara's Bread with honey walnut cream cheese. That's a lot of calories, but I will watch the rest of the day. Being sick I don't feel like eating much anyway, but I'm getting better. YAY!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good Morning All,

weight 214
blood glucose 106

.5 c rolled oats less 1 T.
1 peach
.5 t cinnamon

plan for lunch
tossed salad
chicken breast
yogurt salad dressing

Plan for snacks
1 oz. pecans
2 peaches

Dinner will be
Chicken curry
Asparagus (Judy inspired me)

popcorn

Parakeet, welcome to the group!
Kathy, way to tighten up your discipline on food!
Judy, your pork chop plan makes my mouth water.
Aus, I would be miserable in the smoke, too. But there is some consolation. Without forest fires, Colorado's famous aspens would be crowded out. They are the first trees back after a fire. The Giant Sequoias in Yosemite and nearby Giant Sequoia National Park cannot germinate without forest fires. Their pinecones don't open and release there seeds until they are subjected to heat from a fire.

Kim, get that kitchen scale. It's a considerable help.
Rachel, next time you feel a binge coming on, why not imagine coming on here and posting how you resisted it? It helps me.

Smoochies,

Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Grrrr. Weight - 204.8. Prepare for the whine Kim. Why do I weigh more than the start of the week? Why does it take 3 days to lose .6 but 1 day to gain .8? Why does my scale bump UP every other Wednesday when it gets moved by vacuuming and the floor mop? Why doesn't it ever get bumped DOWN? Why does my other scale say 203.5 just to torture me. And lastly why am I so effected by the number on the scale? Because I am a NINNY!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Cardinal Calling and I'm CRABBY! BLAH... Kathy don't poke me today I may hunt you down , drag you into a cave, by the hair, and EAT you! lol

Big Cleansing Breath......
Weight, coming back down, SLOWLY..... 179.6
AM walk with Holly, went pretty well today, minimal pain which is nice every so often.
I think someone is camping in the middle zone of that walking park.... I'm almost sure of it... nothing smells like a campfire EXCEPT a campfire and I smell one most mornings in there now...
PreWalk snack
handful of grapes
1 drk Cocoa Coffee
32 oz water

Breakfast
homemade chunky chicken salad, leftover chick breast, grapes, slivered almonds, apple, celery and some light mayo
rolled into 1/2 sheet of Heart Healthy Lavash flatbread

Lunch
vanilla protein shake w/ chia seeds

PM gym workout
45 min recumbant bike
45 min pool exercises

Dinner
1/2 cup pulled pork stuffed into a small baked sweet potato
asst fresh finger food veggies w/ hm ranch dip
watermelon chunks

Evening workout
either Wii sports, fitness tests x 3 avatars worth
or
Short walk with Bowzer, Sundown is coming on too early now, can't get this walk in very often and get dinner fixed and eaten before dusk when they close gates to local park where I walk with him.....

have a good day peeps, Sharon, glad you are back.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi everyone.
Sharon, You mentioned coming on here when I feel a binge coming on. I decided during the challenge to do exactly that. I am going to post it all. I don't know if it will stop me bc at the time until it passes food is all important. Maybe, you guys can help me see some kind of a clue/ trigger to prevent it.

My weight is up (284.0) bc last night after snack I had a roast beef pretzel sandwich and a turkey pretzel sandwich. Then I said wth and had a bunch of peanut butter and jelly crackers and the leftover tuna/ avocado salad I was saving for lunch. I wasn't emotional at all. In fact, all day I had been in control and in my calorie range. So maybe if I come on here before it happens, I (or you guys) will see something.

Breakfast- 1C grapes

Lunch- Salad w/ lots of veggies/egg and ff honey mustard (2T), Chicken Corn chili (small bowl) and piece of bread pudding and piece of banana parfait cake (both really small pieces). I went to my favorite local restaurant.

Dinner will be eggplant taco filling that has eggplant, black beans, onion, garlic and tomatoes w chilies in a ww pita.

Snack will be 3/4C cottage cheese w banana.
Did my 40 on the treadmill.

Bought a new scale today bc the old one seems all over the place even when I am eating right. Wanted something consistent for our challenge.

Have a good one everybody!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, what's a pretzel sandwich? Not because it sounds good but because I'm trying to understand how much you actually ate.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I mean roast beef between two pretzels is different than two slices of bread filled with pretzels. If it is the former and the pretzels are small I don't think this is a tragedy. Yes it's too many calories but the things you were eating are much more healthy than some choices. I think you have to consider the choices you made a victory over moose tracks and Cheetos. I haven't stopped falling off the wagon on some nights but we are making progress if what we eat is healthier (think Larabars! LOL and raisin bran!) you may not see the result on the scale but you are retraining your palate. That's a part of the process and you are making changes.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
Breakfast was a turkey bacon and lettuce wrap. It was pretty good

Snack, piece of beef jerky

Lunch is going to be noodles and broth.

Dinner, i am no sure quite yet.

So, i am falling into this horrible habit! I will by a snack, say Muddy Buddies Trail Mix. I will eat a few pieces, feel guilty and throw the entire bag away! I really need to stop doing this. I swear i throw away $15-$20 a week by doing this. I tell my self that it has to last me the whole week, so only a couple a day. But then, i start eating them and i feel myself control go out the window! So i panic and dump the entire bag into the trash.

I will also do this if i for feel that my lunch, dinner or breakfast is to fattening. I will take just a couple of bites and then throw it all away in a panic and starve for the rest of the day!

It is just so frustrating!
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy,
Rather than using regular bread buns, they use pretzel buns. I know Wendy's just came out with it.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Sigh... I love a fine WHINE, Don't you? I'm batting my eyelashes atm too to make my point

Ok. Let's narrow this down. IS it EVERY Wednesday that this happens?
If it is, we need to look at what is going on with your diet for the two days prior.
I know that either yesterday or the day before, I saw BREAD at every meal on your intake.
I know you are cutting down on your Larabars and eating around half of one instead of a whole one, but you simply cannot eat bread at every meal and expect to lose weight. It's simple carbs,
and repeat after me......
"SIMPLE CARBS BREAK DOWN INTO SIMPLE SUGARS".

Raw fruits and veggies are COMPLEX CARBS, Breads aren't.
Bread is nothing more than LUMPY SUGAR and acts just like it in your body.

I think you are sabotaging yourself. Are you frightened of how you will look when you finally fall into ONEDERLAND?
Or
Do you just want it so bad that you are secretly already celebrating the achievement?

I want for all the world for you to stop taking a lacksidaisy approach to your journey and to start really kicking its ASS.
If there is something you know in your heart that you are doing or NOT doing that could make the difference, then get with it!
This is NOT a "might as well" moment in your life, THIS IS NECESSARY TO DO and to put your WHOLE HEART AND SOUL INTO IT.

My God , Kathy. You are so good at everything you've tried. You are a wonderfully funny, intelligent , TALENTED , PROFESSIONAL woman.
So why can't you put all of that same initiative and spirit into doing what you PROMISED yourself you would do when you joined us? Why are you giving this only HALF of your effort, when you are WORTH 110% ?

You can do this.
Every other Wednesday isn't the problem
The different Scales, aren't the problem
You may have a small mental block...
Turn your WILLpower to full volumn and get dancing!

I'm in the Rumba line RIGHT BEHIND YOU.... I'll be here every step of the way.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael,
Are you more of an emotional eater, or a bored eater? I know it's probably both, but which is MORE?
Even if you choose emotions, really look at when you are bingey when you are bored.... are you really bored or are you in a self induced sort of "life coma" due to something emotional that you are trying to avoid.
Eating to fill A VOID or Eating to AVOID?
Do you catch yourself eating when you should be doing something else? Eating takes time and really CAN take all of your focus...
Maybe you should think about some meditation to destress instead of running to the fridge to try to try to "eat" what's eating YOU.
Slow movement , like Tai Chi, on our exercise resource.... takes a lot of concentration on your body to make the movements really flow like they should.
Your mind and your body are in fluid symmetry .... 10 min of slow tai chi could relax you and make you less apt to consider food as an emotional suppressant.

try it and let's see how it works for you

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

jis4judy replied to mardee's response:
Oh Mardee I think you found your triggers those snacks should be left on the shelf in the store stop wasting your hard earned money ..
I cannot have certain things I my house even now after maintaining for a decade ..mine includes any candies ice cream bagels baked goods .including crackers..no deli meats of any kind
I would over eat every one of them so I never buy them
but please do not try to starve off the weight eat healthier choices in proper portions ... air popped pop corn was the only thing I ate as a snack like thing and it is a whole grain so legal on a health plan still eat it sometimes

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi Rachael
that part you mentioned "food is all important" I get something I call hungry horrors and it is a false hunger I know this because eating something doesn;t make it go away this is where I drink more water or tea and engage in self talk like Judy is it really in your best interest to eat what ever it is ?
since I don't buy any trigger foods it doesn't happen often .
but when I bake a banana bread It appears as hungry horrors
I find that when I eat more strachy carbs I get the hungry horrors. check and make note on what you already ate and if there was starchy carbs it maybe the culprit
I hope something in here helps .. Now if you have been on low calories for many days it could be real hunger and one high day won;t be a problem as long as they are not often

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim. I don't think I am too much of an emotional eater anymore... unless there is some deep dark thing that I am not admitting to myself, I am not feeling upset or angry or lonely or fearful. Yes, to celebrate--but I have learned that I can make healthy choices there.

Bored. Maybe. But more of a habit. I just start thinking about food, what we have or what I can order or buy. I can't seem to turn it off. Once I start, even when I am eating something, I am thinking about what I will eat next. It's not all the time, but lately it's more. I can't even start. That's why the cut off time that Judy suggested was so awesome and empowering.

Am going out now to a craft store to look at cross stitches or latch hook rug kits. Something to do with my hands while watching TV at night before bed. Will look into the Tai chi though. And talk to my doc about it on Wednesday when I see him. I am sabotaging myself and something has to work.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Folks: This is a first.....not the diet process, but being online seeking support in my weight loss endeavours. I will be 60 in September. I want t...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.