Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food and Exercise Frieday August 30
jis4judy posted:
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
Good morning
thought I would post something to get your going first today
Todays weight 153 did my workout yesterday and ate less than the day before and gained 1/2 pound
exercise is healthy but not so helpful to remove weight
I was moving most of yesterday walking housework garden stull and walking around while watching football last night 1400 cals and I gain 1/2 pound my rant is over

Breakfast

3.8 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C Kashi heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
1 C black coffee

Shopping again today to get fresh stuff for weekend
will walk after the shopping
Hugs Judy:)

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
"We can REBUILD him...BETTER, STRONGER...FASTER"
Remember the 6 Million Dollar Man? lol
That opening with the serious voice is what I heard in my head when I read your first Post today, Judy.

I get the whole exercise vs weight gain thing. I've been dealing with it too. I sometimes wonder if I maybe should've waited till I was 10-15 lbs out from my final goal weight (instead of 45) to start with the gym. I'm having troubles figuring out what I need for calories to LOSE instead of just barely maintaining.

Well anyhow, we'll get it figured out , Judy.
Hope springs eternal

AM weight 179.2lbs. Down a bit more, but I'm not feeling well at all this AM.
Just the basic blah... headachey, crampy..... grouchy.....sigh... I REALLY think I'm too old for this anymore.

I'll take my 30 lashes with a wet noodle right now, because I'm sitting here drinking a diet Dr Pepper.... coffee just didn't cut it this morning.
Going to take a few Excedrine and zone out for awhile longer. If I'm lucky I'll wake up.... tomorrow.... lol

Breakfast at some point will be ..... undecided

Followed by a big heaping helping of ..." whatever" for lunch

I WILL probably go beat myself up at the gym today, just because it's THERE... 50 min recumbant bike, 45 min pool...

Then Dinner will be the first thing that falls out of the freezer onto my foot, Maybe....

huggs
k

PS
Never fear.... PREchallenge Discussion WILL follow today probably sometime after lunch and before gym to get everyone on the same page for THE BEGINNING of CHALLENGE 4 starting tomorrow.

GET TAPE MEASURES OUT so you know where they are

GET YOUR BATHROOM SCALE DUSTED OFF so you can SEE those nasty numbers

and MOST importantly

PUT BABY in the CORNER so that your inner child doesn't get in the way of your personal C4 success.
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

shelsangel replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning ALL

Breakfast
1 c Great Grains
1 c FF Milk
Banana

Lunch
apple
1 slice pizza
5 wings

Dinner unsure still

Drinking lots of water

Exercise walking around work, up and down stairs and walking through hospital. Stationery bike tonight before bed
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

rachael2011 responded:
Great quote, Judy! Thanks for the AM inspiration.

Good morning, everyone.
Opened up my new scale. It's sleek, lower to the floor and ready for this new challenge. I particularly love it bc the new number is 1.6lbs lower than the old scale. Haha. Old scale was 282.0; new is 280.4.

Kim, I am going to use my weight for today at the start of the challenge as I will be at the group home over the weekend and want to use the same scale. I will measure in tomorrow though.

Am planning low calories for today as the have been so high lately.

Breakfast was 1 1/4C Kashi Go Lean cereal
3/4C skim milk
1C grapes

Lunch will be Eggplant Taco mix w 1/3C cheese. Will post recipe. I loved it!

Dinner will be McDonald's southwest grilled chicken salad w 1/2 packet of their dressing.

No snack as I am going to a ball game and we will get home too late. At least that's the plan.

Everyone have a great day.

Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

parakeet210 replied to shelsangel's response:
Good Morning all,

I'm awaiting the info. after lunch from kim on this challenge.
My left knee is so swollen...its painful to walk. There is nothing at this medically they can do for me. Its ok tho cuz i'm going to talk myself outta this attitude problem! We all have issues and ya'all are doing your best to contribute and take care so I will be a responsible adult put my baby in the corner and FIGHT on.

I pledge to myself that I will eat sensibly the rest of the day.

Breakfast
1 cinnamon pc of coffee cake
1 pc. pumpkin loaf
1 skinny vanilla latte
all from starbucks....

i'm looking forward to cheering myself and all of you on in this challenge. Good Luck

shelsangel replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hope you feel better. HUGGS

I know you are going to put out info for the challenge I was just wondering can you let us know what we will be measuring? Thighs, upper arms etc
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.6 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning all! I'm having trouble finding time to post lately!

Kim, hope you feel better when you get up.

Have been up and down with weight and food this week. I may join the challenge since I seem to be having trouble focusing lately.

Breakfast - the usual

Clueless about the rest of the day.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ausgram responded:
Morning all! I am sitting here deciding whether to call my doctor or email him. He told me not to email him but its too hard to try and get him to the phone. Errrr! What to do, what to do.

Weigh-In 185, finally broke that 186 number.

Breakfast - 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup milk, 1 1/2 tsp sugar, cup of joe.

Lunch - who knows. Hubby is so stinkin fussy on what he wants. We had a big fight over that yesterday. The older he gets, the fussyier he gets. Grrrr.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, men are strange creatures aren't they? I swear their tastes run to the absolute simplest form of NOURISHMENT. They have NO taste buds. None. Most colorblind people are men... did you know that? I think that same form of deficit runs to their mouths (and their brains) too. They are just "a color" shy of a full box of crayolas.
I have that problem too. I've lamented on here about my bf's dire want of "man food". He's simply a meat and potatoes kinda guy. Peas, beans and corn, potatoes and RED meat or pork.... that's it. If I give him chicken it'd better be in sausage form and if I give him turkey it needs to the the WHOLE turkey so that he can;grab a leg like a caveman and pull it to pieces with his bare hands. lol
oh, and NO fish, mussels or seafood because he's allergic to anything that comes from the water, including fresh water and crawfish(mud bugs as he calls em).
He likes sandwiches. He could and WOULD subsist totally on tomato sandwiches if I allowed him to.
He likes his bologna, his hot dogs, his HAMBURGERS.
And of course, his BBQ.

And let's not forget the QUEEN of picky grazers, Monica. She likes finger foods. A yogurt here, a carnation instant breakfast there, a small bowl of cold leftover white rice.... I'm getting the hang of all this though.

You CANNOT fight these types of people.
You will have a coronary and pop a vein because of the stress it COULD involve if you try.

Best bet is to spend a day , cook up a HUGE pork or beef roast in the crockpot ... slice up half, then make "pulled" BBQ with the other half....
Make individual beef /pork pot pies with frozen veggies a little broth and some meat with pillsbury pie crust or refridgerator rolls
and leave the bbq and the leftovers in the fridge so he can graze for sandwiches or microwave meals.
I have lots of little containers of rice, plain boiled pasta, baked beans and summer salads premade on Sundays for my "grazers".
Maybe this is what your hubby wants... who knows? lol

and Congrats on the lb lost with your breakthrough. That's a great way to start off for the next Challenge.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie, you crack me up! I'm trying to imagine you in an argument where you're having a scream fest and I just can't do it! You are way too sweet and your sense of humor is too good for that. You'd have to get really riled up . As for the doc, email him routine questions and complex issues where there is no urgency. Email is really good for that so he can look up the answers like a take home test. LOL. But if you feel yucky then get on the phone and get yourself an appointment if he can't talk to you. So Sez ME!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I feel your pain Judy. Reference my whine yesterday. There is no logic to this science which brings me to the tortoise and the hare. We are the tortoises. Plod on my friend.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Tweety, ouch, ouch, ouch, knee, knee, knee. We truly are soul sisters. How's that baby in the corner doing? LOL!

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That sounds yummy Kim. At dinner time I want to live in YOUR house! And I've just discovered I might be a man. xxoo

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi ausie Kim is right don;t expect your hubby to eat what you eat and never eat what they eat it is yucky stuff
My hubby is like kims BF he loves sandwiches every thing I make he eats but turns it into a sandwich with his bread he cannot do without //
I hope you aren;t still sick like Kathy said call and make an appointment... I had a doc once that had morning call in hours that he would accually answer the phone sometimes it would have you on hold for a while I learned to be the first caller LOL
Hugs Judy:)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 32 I have 4 children ages 8,9,12,and 14. I dont think I over eat! I just dont eat the right stuff :( at least thats what i make myself believe. I...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.