My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PRE CHALLENGE 4....C4 HANDLE WITH CARE
totallywiggedout posted:
CHALLENGE 4 WILL START
TOMORROW, SATURDAY , AUGUST 31, 2013

AS OF TODAY you should have your tapemeasures

and your scales

Out in the open and READY FOR USE....

Kali, it's gonna be ok. We'll sort through the difference in readings on the scales if need be.
Just gimme your beginning one and we'll roll with it.

I Understand that some CHALLENGERS work in the Early AM and some of you will be traveling and are worried about initial, and mid challenge ability to measure.

If this is the case, DO YOUR TAPE MEASUREMENTS the night before and POST the results
So as not to miss the CHALLENGE REQUIREMENTS.

These are the POINTS ON YOUR BODY TO MEASURE each and every time for the CHALLENGE purposes.

WAIST, measurement 1
at the SMALLEST part of your torso, under your ribs and above the tummy bulge or overhang that you may have. MOST of us, no matter how big have a slight curve for our waists... think HIGH WAISTED jeans and where they would fall.; MEASURE TIGHT without making your skin pinch or wrinkle. Keep your fingers from adding size.

HIPS
this is BELOW or under your tummy apron , across and around from the pelvic bone and hip bones and around your butt(this should fall somewhere across your tailbone area)
Pull the measure tight WITHOUT PINCHING

LOWER TUMMY
This is the largest part of your tummy bulge, below your navel and above your pelvis. If you have a long "apron" just measure the circumferance around your body above pelvis and ON the tummy apron.

BUST
Across the nipples and around your back, like a bra only with full chest included and NOT UNDER the breasts.
Tight without pinching plz

RT and LEFT THIGH
SEPERATE MEASURES FOR ALL RIGHTS AND LEFTS please
Around largest spot

RT and LEFT CALF
Largest spot when standing flatfooted

RT and LEFT ANKLE
just above the ankel bone, fairly tight.

RT and LEFT BICEP (upper arm)
around largest part, mid upper arm without pinching skin

RT and LEFT WRIST
just above wrist bone, not including the bone same as on ankles

ALL TOGETHER you will have 14 seperate measurements. NOT just in inches, count the "hashmarks" too please.
Get as accurate reading as possible if you want to have the MOST accurate knowledge about how your body is reacting to this CHALLENGE.

EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNTS and if you like instant gratification, you will see your results better the more exact your measurements.

Measurements are no different than seeing the 1/10 lb difference on a digital scale... if you like seeing every little bit lost or gained. It helps.

REQUIREMENTS for this and ALL CHALLENGES

ie, RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

1. ABSOLUTE HONESTY and ACCOUNTABILITY to yourself and the NUCLEAR CHALLENGE GROUP
this is a MUST for this to work for you, no exceptions.

2. Try to measure ON THE DAY required, or the night before and POST so that I can get everyone added in.
I HATE TO SEARCH FOR MEASUREMENTS OVER A FEW DAYS OF POSTS, It's stressful, lol

3. AM WEIGH INs EVERY DAY, POSTED ,
if this is IMPOSSIBLE for those traveling, then AT the VERY LEAST I need your BEGINNING, YOUR MID CHALLENGE and your FINAL AM WEIGH INS.
naked
just after first potty
BEFORE ANYTHING PASSES YOUR LIPS

4. EVERYONE is responsible for themselves. This IS NOT a COMPETITION between CHALLENGERS. But a TEST OF INNER STRENGTH and PERSONAL COMMITMENT to IMPROVEMENT by eating HEALTHY, BALANCED , NUTRITIONAL meals and USING EXERCISE to gain a better foothold and knowledge of your own journey.
BUT.....
We all pull together as a SINGLE UNIT, still a part of , but seperate from THE NORMAL COMMUNITY.
meaning
OUR CHALLENGE input is ALWAYS POSTED ON A SEPERATE DISCUSSION labeled as CHALLENGE 4 or C4 from this day forward for the 22 day duration.

If we overlap and someone starts a challenge day before I get on... PLEASE label it CHALLENGE 4 or C4 with the day and the date in LG LETTERHEAD so it is easy for challengers to find
if we get a double post, the second poster should and will be shut down with a note that says "DO NOT USE, DUPLICATE POST". Please so as to avoid confusion.
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

FirstPrevious12NextLast

kalimiller responded:
I'll try and get my measurements all done tonight (except the weight). Just as a warning, don't compare my measurements to my previous ones b/c I'm going to do these ones a little differently.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Fine Kali. I won't try to compare your new improved measurements with the last..... I will of course, but only to satisfy my own curiosity....

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Waist: 35.75
Hips: 45.25
Lower Tummy: 42.00
Bust: 40.50
Rt and Left Thighs: 27.00 (each)
Rt and Left Calves: 16.25 (each)
Rt and Left Ankles: 9.00 (each)
Rt and Left Bicep: 13.00 (each)
Rt and Left Wrists: 6.50 (each)
-Kali

kalimiller replied to kalimiller's response:
I'm sleeping in tomorrow probably. I'm not ditching the challenge. I'll be on eventually...
-Kali

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
kisses Kali. I'll get these moved over to the C4 post tomorrow so it's in with the others.... sleep well.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

ausgram responded:
Kim, your awesome to do all this. THANK YOU!!!
I'm hoping I can drop a few more pounds doing this.
I'm wondering if we should post our calories for the day too. What do you think? Or would that be too hard?
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
You can do anything your little heart desires.
Calories posted are optional, just like what you measure on your body is.
As long as you are consistant with whatever you choose to do, it makes no difference because it's part of the PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY and the FOOD/BODY AWARENESS that is the goal for these challenges.

Full disclosure on intake , weight and measures is necessary only because I use them to make suggestions and to do the group totals.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ok, good, then I won't write down what I eat. I hate doing that. It helps, but I hate it. Maybe I don't want to lose this blubber after all. Waaaaaaaa, yes, I do. I think I see a pattern in my life and its not pretty. Guess I had to see this in writing. Sorry for this post. I think I had to get this off my mind.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Whoohoo Aussie's having a tantrum too!!!! You GO AUSSIE! This IS hard, isn't it? We've both been stuck forever. And it's a holiday weekend. WAAAAAH! Sob, sniff.

I'll drag you if you'll drag me. . If I can do it, you can do it and vice versa.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Ok , well ... ummmm, now that I know you're out there this morning, lol
I'm sorry if it bothered you. Judy and I were just trying to figure out where the problem was so that we could help remedy it.

sigh, live and learn.....poke poke

Sandy, I noticed SOMEWHERE, but be darned if I could find it again last night, that you were trying to eat granola bars but said they tasted like "sawdust" I believe.....

Can you let me know what their size is in oz and how many calories and sugars they have plz??

I was tinkering in the kitchen last night and made up some. Mine are still pretty high in calories , because of the honey and pb in them, but I'm going to make some more today to "test" that I'll make with sugar free preserves or marmalade to see if they hold together as well....
If they do, I'll post both on the recipes with what I figure to be the calories and sugar content per bar .....these last night made 16 TINY bars from an 8x8 pan (about .8 oz each and 1"x approx 2 1/2") but they were so rich you wouldn't need much more that that size to satisfy a sweet tooth and they were around 90 cals each.

let me know.... I'm trying to help get you away from feeling like a BEAVER eating woodchips!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
And.... fyi, YES AUS!!!! FOOD IS TO BE LISTED!!!!
You've been through this before. this is NOT your first challenge. I didn't think I had to make sure you KNEW THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

eye roll.....sigh

FOR AUS' BENEFIT.... ONE MORE TIME...... ALL FOOD MUST BE LISTED as INTAKE per DAY , EVERY DAY , as part of the FULL DISCLOSURE clause of these CHALLENGES.
It's CALLED a CHALLENGE , NOT BECAUSE IT'S EASY, but BECAUSE it CHALLENGES US WITH DIFFICULT DECISIONS.
THUS
IT MAKES US STRONGER!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

justmejust replied to ausgram's response:
Don't worry Aus! Just post whatever you remember each day. If you 'forget' some things, let it go, and in time it will get easier and perhaps you'll get comfortable. Getting started was the hardest part for me. "Baby steps" toward health!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim and Judy, I love it when you get after me. Never think you bothered me. You can't. I love you girls and I can take criticizum and HELP. That's all I know you are trying to do, help me. And for that I am grateful for this mdweb, I met you girls here and You all ARE helping me. OK?

Kim the name of those woodchips, I mean granola bars are Quaker chewy and the name of the one I tried was called S'mores 100 calories, 2 grms total fat, fiber 1 and 8 grms of sugar.

I won't be having any more, they taste nasty. Carl will eat the hole stinkin box of 48 of them. ha ha ha! We got them from Sams club.

Thanks again Judy, Kim, Kathy, Laura, Rach, Keet, Kali, Debbie, Celeste, and everyone else on here. I am grateful that you all are in my life.

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
MOG1026 replied to AusGram 's response: Whoohoo Aussie's having a tantrum too!!!! You GO AUSSIE! This IS hard, isn't it? We've both been stuck forever. And it's a holiday weekend. WAAAAAH! Sob, sniff.

I'll drag you if you'll drag me. . If I can do it, you can do it and vice versa.Kathy ------------------------------------- Ok Kathy, I will be heavy to drag, but you can try. ha ha ha. I will drag you too, Can't you just picture that? ha ha ha ha!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 28 and a mother of 1 year old ....I currently am 146 lbs while just 3 years ago I used to be 99 lbs ....I want to get my old self back sooo badly...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.