Skip to content
Why I lose resolve
justmejust posted:
I think I lose my resolve to get to goal weight whenever I start to feel better and my aches and pains improve. Anyone else have reasons they think they stop the weight loss plan?
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
Like right now?? I'm having troubles with really working my butt off day in and day out at the gym and not getting anywhere on the scale. That is what derails me. If I let it get to me long enough, then I give in to temptations that are not good choices but taste like them , all with the idea that it won't make one darned bit of difference because my weight's not changing much anyway.
Today was a decent day, though. I ate what I intended to eat and got in the gym workout and the PM walk, although I went with both dogs together on just the short walk.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim- Are you physically and mentally feeling better since you started at your gym? Fitting better in your clothes? Just wondered if you were seeing those kind of changes (other than the scale) since starting at the gym. You know it'll pay off. Sorry it's frustrating you.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Laura. You are doing so well and are very inspiring in what you do. I am sorry that you too are losing that resolve. Maybe schedule a different type of work out once in a while. Something that you couldn't do before. Maybe go on a hike or whatever you like to do. Just an idea. You have come so far.

As for me, my own eating and mindset is making me feel like giving up. I have been reading articles on food addiction and basically obsessing. I reread some of my journal tonight to look for some clue as to stop it and even when I wasn't binging over the past month or two I have been obsessing in there about my intake, healthy food ideas, etc. I thought about quitting the challenge...just stop worrying about the whole eating issue for a while, but I thought no, I am just going to start doing it differently. I will post my AM weight and at the end of the day what I have already eaten on here, not read articles about binge eating, not journal about food in my diary. The obsessing about it is making it worse. I know I will still come to this site to see how you guys are doing through the day though. You guys are too awesome not to check in on one or two times a day
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mefirstforever replied to rachael2011's response:
I was reading you profile and see that you have done amazingly !!! If I may say over 40 pounds lost is quite an achievement in only 6 months.
Congratulations and please stay you help so much !!!
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Wow RACHAEL! This is a good new role for you: encouraging me, and everyone else. When I read Helene's comment that she read your profile, I had to rush off and read it too. What a great successful journey you are on this year!!! I hope that you will continue to help me through your successes in your journey to your best health!!!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Glad you had a better day yesterday and that you are sticking to your resolve despite the stuck scale. Keeping up with the healthy food and routine exercise are at least keeping the rest of that weight off at least!
Laura

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael,
all the exercise is paying off in that I'm getting out of the house more for sure.
As for mentally different? Other than I feel like I want to rip somebody's head off and eat it if I don't get my two hours in the gym??? lol I have become VERY covetous of my time there. And very soon here, the women's showers will be done being renovated and I'll be spending even MORE time there because I'll be able to use the whirlpool again and then shower before I leave... oh joy!

It would probably be easier to pitch a tent there on the grounds and just come home on the weekends.

Physically I think I'm losing my saddle bags. That is one body part that I've neglected to measure throughout my journey, and now I wish I had done it. You know, the side humps at the outer tops of the thighs, just under the hips? Yeh, those. And that measurement wouldn't be in the same spot as where I measure my thighs.

I think I'm just still in the learning process. I have to remember that my body isn't like anyone elses, and that I too started out with my own myriad physical limitations that will hinder how fast I lose but not IF I will succeed. Because I will... it'll just take more time I guess.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to justmejust's response:
Yes, Laura, thanks. I know. You're right about at least sticking to the better diet.... I just wish that something MAJOR would happen.... some sort of either a breakthrough on the scale or an "AH HA" moment where I finally understand what to eat and how much to exercise to even START the scale moving down again...

I know that cardio , like aerobics, would help, but with my hip, it's completely out of the question. I can't run , jog or do the aerobics and those are the biggest ways to burn faster...... so I plod.
And when I plod I feel fatter. I want to feel agile and light and "springy" but with me it's more like putting a tutu on a tortoise.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey Kim,

I know when I've lost 100 lbs. 2x before.........I would let myself have a small treat 2 or 3 x a week. I really ate healthy tho.

I've read that muscle does rev up the metabolism a lot. Have you googled metabolism?? You do a lot and I think you can be loosing more or inches too like Rachael said.

Sorry of the frustration for you and laura. I know I am too and I know you two will keep on going!

Care here
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Keerap Tweety Bird! Holy Moly! Jumpin Jehosephat! You have actually lost 100 Pounds 2 times before? You are a wonder woman! Well you certainly know HOW to do it! Tell us all your secrets! You'll just need advice from the Judy/Amber/Debbie Corporation ( which forever more will be known as the JAD Corp) on how to stay there.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Well well well...........................I never thought I was a wonder woman! I will tell you how I did it. If I could upload pics (don't know how but can't anyway for privacy reasons) I would of befores and afters!

So the first time I lost 100 lbs. was after the birth of my first child. I weighed 234 after she was born. Then the heaviest I'd ever weighed. Before I got pregnant with next child and after I had quit nursing....I vowed not to be as heavy with second child. I got down to 180 after he was born. Don't know the inbetween no.s for then. After he was born I lost 30 more lbs.
How I did it. I was very active with my children, our business, the yard, the cooking, cleaning and everything it takes to operate a small business and a household. Maddening. I took the kids to many fun things that had activity that I was also involved in. In the summer we swam and I played horse with them with basketball. I started to get brave and play one on one with daughter. OUCH! 2 day recovery.... because I had young ones I cooked with lots of veggies, lean meats, chicken and hamburger. Yes I did use some processed foods for quick meals when I had a really busy day........like hamburger help me loose my mind for using that stuff!
at first when they were born I could only take walks early in the morning but I did it. I also did Richard simmons videos, Susan (short died lt. blonde hair stuck up straight) interval training...
O Yeah Kim do you do interval training?? Laura??
and at the end of her interval with weights and cardio she did a meditation about feeling good about what you'd just done. That really ramped me to go on! it was a lay down meditation.
BOY thems the days when I could lay down on my den floor that under it is concrete.
I also did yoga on occasion but couldn't keep up with the fast pace of the video on that.
o I guess that was just 80 lbs.

second time:
apx 36 yrs of age: trauma caught up with me, and I also programed myself to hate food! and use laxatives to maintain my weight.
I had anaphylactis 4 times and for the GRACE OF GOD survived all 4. as mentioned before had food allergies.
Therefore when they were figuring it out for the first year I had 1 or 2 anaph... shocks. I got pretty flipped out at times because I was walking on egg shells all the time. I weighed somewhere around 245. I had these allergies and threat of dieing for over a decade. (gee Kathy you didn't know you'd be reading forever did you? My sis's name was Kathy! Short for Kathleen) after the 4th anaph.... shock I decided I was sick of it all. I had already rid our lives pretty much of processed food and ate and raised a garden off and on. I was raised on a garden and fresh things!
I had a nervous breakdown and had terrible mental health issues for which I'm now still working on....but it's ok because who doesn't. I'm just glad that Now I'm not suicidal anymore. I've chosen to live. So I ate fresh did still drink diet drinks tho but not like I do now. I survived on 600-1000 calories a day on occasion 1200 but if I did more than 1000 calories a day I used laxatives (which really don't work anyway!!!!! to the reader.................They take very little and mostly water weight away!!!!! which isn't your true weight anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
So I got down to 140. I'm 5'10" so pretty thin and I was a size 9. I wore my daughters clothes by this time. i stayed at that weight for 10 years. I went thru some really significant hard times!
Anyway Because i was allergic to grains I learned to make my own bread. If anyone ever wants to make it let me know> It's fussy and takes 2.5 -3.0 hours but it's really good! better than grain bread i think.
105 lbs lost. that time.

I've gained that I ate fresh without grains but not without at the last 2 or 3 years some bread w/o grains. So it was white stuff.

Now you're right ! i know how to do it. I know how to do it and now I know how to permanently keep it off.

JAD Corp CONGRATULATIONS!
THANKS KATHY

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Tweety that is really interesting and heartbreaking at the same time because you have been through so much. You had a handle on your life the first time around, but I can see that you really suffered the second time. I am hoping that this is the last time you ever ever ever have to do this and that you can do it in a way that keeps you healthy and happy in the process. I really do think that the JAD CORP is the answer. They are a wonderful resource and if you watch their menus really closely you can see how consistent they are. Maybe we should eat exactly what they ate the day before hahaha! BTW it was Susan Powter and remember how bananas she was? Bat sheet crazy! I may be a Kathy, but I'm also a Kathleen too.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.2 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mefirstforever replied to parakeet210's response:
Tweety keet,
Thank you for sharing your experience. you have all my admiration.
Your quote now make even more sense and you are a woman whom stand tall and looks forward. Quite an inspiration

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
WOW....I don't think I've ever met another Kathleen. Yes it was Susan Powter! Unfortunately, at this stage of the game I am unable to work out like that as it's difficult to do anything on land so I stick to the pool. I do stuff on land and then I pay for it anywhere from a couple days to a few weeks.

Well something I've not understood very well Apparently
is the decision to do this challenge and everything was going so fast I couldn't keep up. Like with so many challenges. That's just me though. I'm working on so many things right now. You have really given yourself a good talking to and I've listened as well.

Today once again I'm to much ashamed to post and don't want to temp anyone with my choices. UGH!

Third times a charm right! Regardless of how it turns out for me I'm hoping everyone here who's taken on the challenge will def. loose a lot of weight.

Yeah Susan Powter was definitely a bubble off as in a level with a bubble off. Construction talk. lol.

Hope you have a good sleep ahead of you!

tweety keet

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am a 27 year old mom of 3.. hoping to be of 4.. and have always been a little on the chunky side all my life, but as I was finishing junior h...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
64 of 79 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.