Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DAY 10, C4, MONDAY, SEPT 9 HAVING CONTRAPTIONS
totallywiggedout posted:
Today, Challengers , let's look at some STRANGE ideas that have come out of the woodwork over the years for losing fat....

IT'S A WRAP!

Some people still say that wrapping yourself in cellophane before an intense workout.... BEWARE!!

Wearing a plastic bag while you exercise makes you sweat more, and it may seem like the more you sweat, the more calories you're burning. However, that theory isn't true. Sweating removes water from the body, which can cause you to weigh less immediately after a workout, but it doesn't burn more calories. Instead, it can lead to dangerous health problems by not allowing your body to cool itself appropriately

THE JELLO JIGGLER...

Very popular in the 50s. These vibrator belts would "jiggle" your fat away without actually having to do any exercise....
Perfect for housewives who love to wear kitten heels and chat with their friends non stop.
Oh! And you can do this without chipping a NAIL!!!

Nothing like taking your INDOOR machines to the GREAT OUTDOORS!

I give you THE TREADMILL BIKE!

Ok, now this probably works. I mean , It IS a treadmill. But the question is, if you are going to run outside, why do you need a treadmill?

I HAD to add this one...

A MECHANICAL BULL without the MECHANICAL and NO BULL!

THE IGALLOP

Supposed to train and strengthen your CORE and help with balance.
Figuring this has slick sides, It probably ALSO helps your inner thighs, because ladies, if you don't grip this beast on the downswing... you'd probably find yourself FLAT ON YOUR FACE in the living room.

I started the laps yesterday.... And I'm sore.
I don't know how anyone can do an hour of laps without stopping. They must be machines.

I set my goal at 10 sets of down the length and back and made 8. Which was better than the 5 I wanted to quit at, lol.
That's even WITH stopping at the wall each time. But , figuring this was my first day at it, all's good, eh?

AM weigh in 178.4
drk cocoa coffee x 2
32 oz water
AM walk with Holly

Breakfast
chai chia oatmeal with a 1/2 diced apple

Lunch
vanilla protein shake w/chias

PM gym workout
50 min recumbant bike
40 min pool exercises
6 laps, swimming

Dinner
1/2 chicken, jalapeno, onion sausage link
Lg spinach salad w/ cold peas, diced beets ff ranch dressing

Late snack
4 cups popcorn

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Kim
great job on the laps in the pool
and some of those images had me laughing
todays weigh in 152.5 again

breakfast
2oz strawberries
3.4 oz orange
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
1 C black coffee

will be taking a walk today
Dinner plans are
baked chicken breast again
sweet potato
green beans

salad
all out of my mixed greens so using romaine until I go shopping tomorrow

I will have the green tea and pistachios today
and the yogurt with berries.

not sure about the rest
will update later
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

shelsangel responded:
Morning ALL,

weight 285

Breakfast
egg bacon sandwich
hashbrowns

lunch
garden salad with ff Catalina dressing
1 c Watermelon

Dinner
1 Bean and beef burrito

cal 1138

exercise
walking around block at work and walking back and forth through hospital.
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 285.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

mefirstforever responded:
Good morning All,
today 212
egg toast and laughing cow

Last night I had a bowl of pasta with meat sauce and cheese I.m so mad..... I think I have to up the protein during the day so I don't go and bing before bed time.

Every morning I read Kim's comments. I am in haaaa. She is such and inspiration. In the 70s. Just plowing along.

huggs
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout responded:
Update, gotta take the laps off of my gym exercises... Alex yelled at me... well, no, gave me a STERN talking to about rotating my exercise routines... so laps are out since I did them yesterday. I think i'll be on a 3 day rotation between laps, recumbant and eliptical.

And I'm thinking I'm going to throw in a brown bread bun for my sausage tonight and skip the popcorn., It just sounds better

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

ausgram responded:
Wow Monday already.

Weigh-In - 185

Brkfst - 1 orange, 1 cup of joe

I suppose we will have left overs today, with having company for 2 days last week I have a lot of food in my refrigerator.

I'll be going outside to water trees later this morning. At least it has cooled off some. Not suppose to be 100 any more, I hope. You never know tho.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to shelsangel's response:
weight 258.4 NO MORE STUPID BINGING!!!!! for me!!!!
Will only weigh here on on Thursdays because that's jus how I do it.

Breakfast:
1 piece of my toast
and polaner ornage marmalade
2 pieces turkey bacon
89 30 70 is my cal battery goin low
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Yep, Helene, you gotta get in protein, at least 40 grams and closer to 50 a day. It keeps you fuller longer and provides energy for the long haul.
Easy way to do it is to boil up several eggs and have them on hand for your snacks. Have a hard boiled egg, chopped with a little relish and a touch of ff mayo wrapped in lettuce , spinach or kale as a "quick and healthy" way to go.
Cans of water packed tuna are great too, throw in your chopped egg and double the dose of proteins.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to shelsangel's response:
Angel, you should probably try to fit in at least one high protein, low fat snack in there.
I'm concerned that with all the "take out food" you aren't getting the nutrients you need to succeed.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I seem to remember WAY BACK WHEN, on our CONSOLE tv that was black and white.... God I feel old.... seeing these vibrating belts , a LOT. In fact I think I actually saw one on I LOVE LUCY and I believe , Jack LaLane used one too on one show.

gads...... I better travel down memory lane while I still HAVE a memory though, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, take care though. You still have some heat out there and you need to make sure you drink lots of water while you are out.
I can't even start to guess how many calories you'll burn watering your trees or how you'd go about trying to calculate such a thing... I guess I'll google it, lol
Google and me... we are BESTIES!

lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Weigh -in - 202.6

Breakfast - banana, Metamucil fiber wafer
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi helene
Pasta is something I have to control myself . in normal amounts it is good for you mostly the cooked tomatoes
when I do pasta I always cook too much lately I toss the pasta part that is left over If I could learn to cook just enough on the pasta all would be fine... If I keep it in the fridg it is too tempting for me so in the trash it goes .. I freeze the sauce for use later
Maybe you could learn to cook just enough and avoid the wasteful solution I went to . Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I loved the pictures because it brought back memories! When I was 21 and moved to the BIG APPLE, I walked down East 57th street and decided to try this new thing called a woman's fitness spa. I weighed about 101 lbs soaking wet! Well The secret to happiness was those jiggle machines! I would go occasionally and get JIGGLED! So so silly, but I felt very sophisticated and part of the NYC scene.

My next foray needs its own picture. A year or so later I was convinced by a friend to visit the studio of a Russian emigre who had opened a studio on an upper floor of 57th street with floor to ceiling plate glass windows. The room was full of trapezes and believe me the fitness movement had still not begun at that point. Well I got hoisted upside down hanging by my knees and pushed mightily forward right at those plate glass windows while being screamed at in Russian. Absolutely terrifying! It made the jiggle machines look sane at the time.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy hilarious!

I had another piece of turkey bacon. 35 more calories.
its either 30 or 35 but i'll take the higher no.

tweety keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just joining to find some support as I begin this long road. I've struggled with weight all of my life, and now as a 42 year old, I am having a di...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.