Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back
rohvannyn posted:
I had a good visit, saw my folks etc, had good flights, but picked up a cold from the travel so right now things are looking a bit dim to me. I think next year I'll just stay home instead of messing up the remainder of my hard won vacation!

Right now life isn't the best, my favorite art store kicked me out because for some reason they think I shoplifted. I think I know the cause, but even if I were to prove my innocence I don't want to give my hard-earned money to people who act like friends and then have no trust. There aren't any security cameras in the store either so they can't pull any tapes.

I found a place online that has better prices and better selection. I'd rather give my money to a local business, but they proved they don't want it. An online store can't backstab me.

Healthwise, depression and my cold are keeping me from exercising. I was pleased to see that I did very well with my rapid marathon walks through the Salt Lake City airport, so my fitness isn't bad. Needed lunch and only had a gift card for McDonalds, long story there, but to make it short I had a grilled chicken wrap and found it very tasty, not heavy or greasy, and the vegetables were fresh. There wasn't too much dressing either. Haven't eaten there in fifteen years at least. I still didn't consider that a healthy meal but it had flavor and that was good.

I'm still not eating huge quantities, and I'm staying away from meat at least. My protein is coming from chicken and eggs and black sesame seeds. I've probably been eating too many rice noodles but oh well. Low on money so I pulled some beans out of the freezer for lunch, that will be good. Anyway, I'm back. And it's good to be back to work.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rachael2011 responded:
Welcome back, Roh!!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hi Roh! That's a bummer to be falsely accused. Sorry that happened to you. I know a woman who was on vacation in England who also was accused of shoplifting in a little village. She was arrested and had to go to court. Needless to say she did not enjoy her holiday. And I might add that British law is not as friendly to defendants as ours is.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Roh, I'm glad to see you back. Nice that you had a decent visit with your parents, but too bad , REALLY too bad about the art store. Awful that you have patronized them all this time for them to come up with this shinola.

Just keep plugging along. Your foods sound pretty healthy and you seem satisfied with it so far.
Hope your depression and your cold get better ASAP though. Get some sunshine, get out with your easel and paint in the park or something....

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

blondie454u responded:
Glad to see you back!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
To top it off, I got a flat on the way to work this morning! Argh. Ah well. I'll figure a way out of this as well. I think the reason why my mind keeps dwelling on the art store is that if it were just a grocery store or something, I could happily just shop at another one and tell them to get lost. But this is the first really good art store I've been to, and I thought they were friends. My feelings will be salved somewhat as I imagine the thefts continuing, with me nowhere near. I hope they understand someday just what a betrayal it was to me.

Even so, I have to look to the positive. I learned a lot there, and now I can do a lot better job shopping online, and I know what to buy, what to look for, and what properties in art supplies that I like.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi roh welcome back you certainly are having some challenges first to your personal honesty coming home sick and now a flat tire maybe thats all 3 things and things will get better from this point on I certainly hope so.
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
I wonder if an employee was taking stuff and pinned it on you. why do I come up with far fetched ideas.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rohvannyn replied to justmejust's response:
That's a possibility... I rather suspect it was the young couple carrying the backpack, who wandered unobserved through the store while I was in there doing my normal things. Someone else might have suggested me instead of them, I don't know who, but I sure don't need friends like that. Thank goodness that my supervisor is being understanding about the tire issue, so at least my job isn't too much at risk.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rohvannyn replied to rohvannyn's response:
I'm glad that walking is one of my main ways to exercise. Because I walk a lot, I was able to at least go get some fix-a-flat instead of having to use the car and further damage the rim. That didn't do much, but it may enable me to at least get home. So let's hear it for being active! You aren't in the soup (as much, anyway) if you are stuck without a car!
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Did more walking today, ha ha ha... it's good for me. Maybe I can turn this no car thing into some weight loss. The kindness of people at work really helped me not get into a funk... this is going to be a pain but I have a plan and my job isn't in jeopardy, and that's the important thing. The spouse is gloomy as heck but she has her own very good reasons for that. I dug some more beans out for lunch and a couple hard boiled eggs, and my last small peach. That will get me through the day just fine, which I am thankful for. I'm also really grateful for my e-reader, which makes the long bus ride to work seem ever so much shorter.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Had a really good workout yesterday! Bussed down to the tire place. Got off on the wrong stop so ended up walking about a quarter mile to where I should have been, then missed my connection so thought "screw it" and drank some water and walked the mile to where I should have been. It was only about 90 degrees or so, so not bad. I'm glad I obsessively carry water with me. Got to the tire shop. It was closed! So I called a cab and got to the mechanic to pick up the rim... they say it's in the trunk under the spare flap... cab to the car... pick up the rim... to another tire shop... a second cab to get back to the car... where some people from work helped me change the tire...

Then grocery shopping, and carrying the rather heavy groceries up the stairs, the second trip being fourteen poudns of cat food and twenty pounds of litter... nearly passed out from heat stroke because I'm fighting a cold and the ride in the car was hot. Well deserved shower.

Protip: In the absence of gatorade or pedialyte or some such, water with sugar and salt and a little baking soda makes a good homemade electrolyte solution.

I balanced mine with some C-defense (has bicarbonate of soda in it plus vitamins) and a Luna bar and a banana, along with some salty popcorn. Plus a lot of water. Between walking and tire wrestling and grocery lugging, that was a pretty good workout, especially while ill. So I'm grateful for still being active enough to be able to do that and not die or something.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mefirstforever replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi Roh,
Thank for the electrolyte receipe.
Well notting is easy for you. and your are still as determine as every. That take alot of caracter. Just be carefull with your back I tought I was a dunky when I was younger and now I.m paying for itl.
Congrats on your job. It must help to have a stady income. What happen with the no gluten diet did something appened or did you just got tired of it.
Glad you are still working on your art. You should show us what you do.
Wishing you a great day tomorrow and good night.

helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

rohvannyn replied to mefirstforever's response:
I'm still trying to be gluten free as much as possible, and right now due to budgetary issues have had to add a little rice so I'm not completely grain free at the moment.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.