Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking for some support.
4ME2DY posted:
This is my 1st day logging and am looking for support to help me get on my way. I am a mother of 3 and have been heavy since my 1st child at the age of 18. I feel that I have lost my youth in way. Shopping sucks as the cute clothes are never in my size. My husband is supportive and tells me he loves me no matter what, but he has a job that keeps him physically fit and sexy. I feel that I have always given to my family and not myself but on the other hand I am not an athlete. I enjoy walking but finding the time between work, house, financial responsibilities, our younger daughter who has special needs, and chores I seem to get pooped out before I can start. I want this part to change. I work for my husbands family in a family owned and operated business. I love my job and am 75% of the time by myself in the office, where there is no to low physical activity most of the day. Stress is always present as the older generation of the business is always complaining or seems to have a demand or I can't do this attitude. I am 4 days post-op liposuction surgery to where I am questioning if I did the right thing. I know I need to change my diet and get into some sort of exercise routine. However, I don't know where to start. I have been watching my sodium intake and am trying to eat healthy foods and drinking a ton of water to help the swelling and keep my body hydrated. I feel that I took the easy way out but actually the liposuction procedure did not take off as much as I wanted. And I have a long road ahead as the swelling will take some time to go down and before I will see the true results. I don't want to go backwards and am looking for a support group to keep me on track with the new me.. I would appreciate any comments anyone has.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

justmejust responded:
Wow, you have a lot on your plate. We can help you! Putting oneself first by exercising and eating healthy will give you more energy to do all the things you are doing. You'll think better too, so when the older in law generation come in the office complaining, it won't bother you as much.

Please tell us more about you and ask us more questions that we can help you with.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust responded:
Hi 4ME2DY, I like your handle for me today! That's a step in the right direction its time for you!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
I am surprised liposuction was an option for you. Usually it is safe if you are not going to regain weight. It isn't perfect. Nothing is except lifestyle nutrition and exercise changes. You can make these changes, not overnight, but along the journey to the rest of your life, one day at a time, sometimes a step back, then forward again!
Laura

totallywiggedout responded:
Well, Welcome aboard!
Before we are done with you , you'll need to change your cute "handle" to 4ME4EVR, lol

Perhaps the surgery wasn't really the best course of action before learning your way around a healthier lifestyle, but what is done is done.

First off, since you are only 4 days out from the surgery, are you still under a doctor's care? and are being told NOT to exercise or do just light exercises? It's pretty necessary to know your physical limitations before you jump in whole hog on your journey.

I definitely suggest focusing on your foods first. Especially with your liposuction just having been done.
Give your body a rest and focus on changing your dietary habits a little at a time.... get comfortable with THAT, THEN go and start some exercises.

Without knowing what or how you eat it's not really possible to help you much. If you share your daily intake, we could help more....
With that in mind though, first off, you should start a food and fitness log, here on WebMd, Fitday.com, Livestrong.com or Sparkpeople.com..... these are FREE dietary and fitness logs that make charting your daily stuff much easier.

When you start one of these logs, make sure to log your initial daily exercise output as "slug" lol or VERY LOW or NON EXISTANT.... whatever the LOWEST activity choice is.... because then the "computer" computes your projected daily calories to shoot for and exercise output suggestions much closer to what is actually needed in order to lose the weight.

64 oz of water.... every day.. Sounds like a lot, but if you cut out the colas and the juices and drink water instead. It doesn't seem so much after all.

Just read the discussions here, it helps. Blog and join in it helps EVEN MORE .

again , glad you found us.... NOW, GET ON WITH YOUR JOURNEY!!!!

huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! Since you've some great advice from Kim, I am going to share something with you that I found today. I always get criticized for taking such good care of myself and I just ignore and go on because I know what's best for me. I found a video that does make me feel me better for caring about myself. I thought this would help since you are a care giver:

http://youtu.be/ZhqokZF5OFU
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mog1026 replied to blondie454u's response:
Good video Amber!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u replied to mog1026's response:
Thanks!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
I really love that video
it is so true
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

4ME2DY replied to justmejust's response:
Thanks for your response I didn't even want to write that I had liposuction, my biggest fear is that people will judge the procedure and not the reasons I had for doing it. I am not planning on gaining the weight back and actually have lost a couple pounds this week post-op which I was told not to expect. I have really tried hard to find new meal plans and have started to add some additional exercises into my day. I am proud of these things but I think yesterday I was feeling bad about myself that I should have been stronger and not had to have the surgery. But I needed to get ahead and set a goal to look forward to. Does this make any sense? I know that I am not going to change over night and that this will be a process I need to take one step at a time but I am hoping that talking with others who I can support and get support from will help me achieve my goals. I have no girlfriends - I became a mom at a very early age and my friends all said I messed up and went on their mary way. Which is fine. I am so proud of what I have. I married my highschool sweetheart and we have had 3 wonderful children, and are financially stable which if you go by the statistics things in my situation rarely work like this.

4ME2DY replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I am under doctor care yet as I have my 1st post-op appointment this Saturday. I am anxious to talk to him. I did reply to Laura response to my cry out yesterday, I actually have lost a couple pounds this week and was told not to expect this at all. So there is a positive point. I have done alot of research on the web to try to decide which foods will be best for me to start my challenge out with and I actually walked 2 miles today. I am feeling great after the procedure, but just needed to get some extra "You Can Do It!" support. I am drinking tons of water I am not a coffee drinker and have cut pop out altogether also I feel this is why I lost those couple pounds this week. Thanks response I appreciate it!

4ME2DY replied to blondie454u's response:
Good video! Having a daughter with special needs really brings into perspective how strong your faith really is. I am a very religious person. My husband and myself have had many challenges in the past 15 years with our youngest daughter to where our faith was also challenged. I do agree with the video that the inside of the cup needs to be for me. I need to fill that cup to continue to overflow it and give to my family. Thanks so much!

justmejust replied to 4ME2DY's response:
Hi 4ME2DY! I understand. You are like us trying to learn how to lead a healthier lifestyle. I see you are walking, drinking water, avoiding soda. Good job! I love that you are sharing so much with us. For me, I find the more I share here, the more I get back in help. I think I understand the liposuction was something that you needed to help you get going to a healthy lifestyle. Everyone is different and that is a good thing! Congratulations on building a lovely relationship and a lovely family! See, you did that different then most, at a young age and look how great it worked out and how right it is for you! Glad you are here and I enjoy all your posts and comments. We are all like you on this journey toward being healthy and finally taking better care of ourselves.
Laura

4ME2DY replied to justmejust's response:
Thanks for so much for the positive feedback this is really what I needed. It is so nice to finally have someone else to converse with on these issues. All of you have given me a great start and I am happy to be with you! Have a great day everyone!

--Shelly

DETERMINATION is the wake-up call to the human will

Don't Lose Hope - When the sun goes down the stars come out!

mog1026 replied to 4ME2DY's response:
Hi Shelly, nice to have a name to go with the post . I like the Don't Lose Hope motto and I'll have to remember it today.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am Misty. I Live in Arkansas. I have two great kids and a awesome husband. I am 26 years old and finally getting to go to college. I am a Big Gir...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.