Skip to content
TWINKIES
totallywiggedout posted:
You know, I keep seeing all the big displays of the "new" Hostess cakes out now. Every darned store has them .....
I don't even LIKE Twinkies, now HO HO's are a differnt story , BUT be that as it may, Twinkies are something of an oddity to me, so, WHY AM I CRAVING THEM LATELY??
I think if someone brought me a box , I'd sit right here and eat them all. For no other reason than to figure out where the craving is coming from and to stomp that sucker OUT of my system.

Ho hos were cool, chocolate covered in chocolate with sweet whipped frosting creme..... ok ...yeh. THOSE I can see craving.... but Twinkies??

anybody else having these weird cravings for things that they have never really liked?? is this only because they seem so READILY availably right now, because they are the very first display in all the stores I see as I come in??? Why do they have to be so IN YOUR FACE about it?
It's ok to say "Americans are too fat" AND "here's a TWINKIE" ? Does that make sense?

bah.....
I think I'm rambling... time for bed... bright and early tomorrow or bust, ladies.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

jis4judy responded:
well Kim that might be because one of our ladies fessed up to eating a twinkie over the last day or 2 for the life of me I cannot understand anyone eating that trash about the only thing I used to indulge was some Bakery pastries that had crispy out sides and blueberry filling .. I never liked any of those hostess items unless I go back to my childhood and 'the snowballs were nice and fun to eat // that was a cupcake wrapped in marshmello and covered with coconut

store bought treats have no place in my plan if I bake it then I will eat it .hopefully in moderation'

Hugs Judy .
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
That is a strange craving, Kim. I could understand it if they reminded you of happy childhood memories. My mom used to get all our baked goods at the Hostess thrift shop. Breads and sweets about to go stale filled our freezer. My favorite thing was a frozen Hostess cupcake. The cream filling froze hard so when you got down to it, you would lick it like ice cream. My lunch as a school child was a nutritional horror. Bologna and american cheese, lettuce and mayo on wonder bread. a bag of potato chips, Hostess cupcake and Hawaiian Punch. No, I have absolutely no idea why I am fat. LOL
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 212 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
You made me LOL Sharon with a description of that lunch. It was soo true in the fifties. My only difference is that my mom wouldn't let me have Wonder bread for some reason but I always wanted it because of the ads on tv. You really brought back a memory!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
even tho I was a 60's kid the tradition of "wonder" still kept it up with those bright colored balls on the package. Do they know how to advertise or what? now thyhave those lunchables YUK! I think those are even worse ......luckily I opted out of mayo. lol.. Hmm why then am I fat.... to many twinkies hoho's and cherry and apple pies, powdered sugar donuts etc etc etc... I didn't like the snowballs tho the chocolate cake inside was good Yup I went once a month just up the street to the hostess bakery and got day ole too with mom... Memories.... can be beautiful and yet......................These particular ones...... Made us fat and sassy ..... Memories.........LOL

yup... and then came Nixon in the 70's with his even more terrible food of hi fructose corn syrup. He made Wick and created even more cheap food that was unhealthy.. this is a true fact. Not fiction.

Keet Memmmmooooreeesssss sing along lassies
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mefirstforever responded:
Yup cravings, Well only one solution just cave in BUT WAIT not at any cost and at any quantity and at any time.

Once every 2 weeks 1 pastry real one not this boxes ones.
One that your really love and enjoy with friends and a great coffee. And then you will be able to continue on the journey.
DON'T FORGET ONLY ONE.

Feeling deprived is the worst enemy of a healthy journey.

Now for memories yup a nickel and you could almost get a pound of these Hight fructose candies. Remember the brown back filled to the rim. And all the may west and company.

Like Sharon my aunt would get the broken ho henry bar in bulk. She would put all in a drawer that we could go in once a week. And the barrel of chips. I could go on and on...

Yay for industrialization It is killing us all

Now we have to reeducate these brain cells one at the time.
Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh, Yeh, I KNOW snowballs , Judy, lol

I used to like taking the marshmallow cover off, then eat the cake then fold the marshmallow layer up and stuff it into my mouth, lol

Like you said, fun to eat.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
AH , Sharon, you had the same elf packing your school lunches as I had!!! That sounded just EXACTLY like my lunches....
As for the frozen hostess's yeh, my mom did that too.

I think thats why the only way I can endure Twinkies is when they are frozen.

Kind of like eating Moon Pies... only way to eat em is zapped till gooey in the microwave, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to mefirstforever's response:
Penny candies in glass candy counters with sliding doors... Laffy taffy, candy cigerettes, bazooka bubble gum and pixie stix.... rootbeer barrels and black babies(licorice)... and no that's not offensive, that's what they were called, Now and laters, .... those candy dots stuck to the paper strip.... oh God, what else???

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I don't think there's actually any food in a Twinkie. I told you about the box I sent on a slow boat to a leper colony in India didn't I?

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
LOL, that sounds like torture....
why would you torture lepers , Kathy??

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh but they were happy lepers, Kim! They had my son with them (every mother's dream, but that's college nowadays) for his birthday, so everyone got a Twinkie with a birthday candle in it to celebrate his special day. It's the power of the Twinkie. What other cake on earth could survive such a journey unscathed? I think they should have put one in that unmanned space probe that's off to new star systems. -83D-E1C

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim your walk down memory lane is fun My BF and I as children used to buy chum gum ... and we loved those dots on paper they had something called squirels that were chewy with nuts in it . and how about the barrel with pickles in it a nickel for a pickle ..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
I've got one for you-Fizzies. This was a tablet you put in a glass of water to transform it into carbonated kool aid. My mom never bought them for me but I could wheedle them out of Nana. My Dad had a gas station and he rented the back lot out to eskimo pie so they could park their trucks and plug them in overnight. The drivers would frequently slip my dad ice cream for us as a thank you. Our freezer always had bridge mix Eskimo Pie 1/4 cup servings of ice cream formed in the shape of card suits and coated with chocolate.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 212 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Thank God they didn't send Twinkies into space. We'd have been invaded by every Tom, Dick and HAIRY alien out there!!! lol yes, I meant to spell it that way.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom of 3 ages 22, boy 21, girl and 12 girl.. I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and am hoping to lose weight so that I can be off these...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.