Skip to content
Laura Photo
justmejust posted:
Hi all, here is a new photo of me I took yesterday. Pants are new size 14 stretch, top is size xl. These are new business casual clothes for the office! Had to fold up all my size 18 as they are all too big / loose now.

Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

parakeet210 responded:
WOW LAURA! you look slick! chick you have many faces that are just so pretty!

ya know i'm having to do my knee and back p.t. some half and some only a 1/4.. and icing and heating ...........we all have to really listen to our bodies.

you're doing great on your journey!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 responded:
And a new haircut too! You look mahvelous kiddo! What a transformation
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Laura,

You look gorgeous !!!

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy responded:
Laura you look awesome Laura and you are right you look rather BUFF in a good way I love this photo mucho changes
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust replied to parakeet210's response:
THANK YOU SO MUCH tweety 'keet'! What does that mean you are doing your knee and back physical therapy half and 1/4? Does it mean you are doing fewer reps or cutting some out because of pain?
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Aw, thank you very, VERY much Kathy! I'm kind of blushing! I forgot about my hair. I had my stylist cut it very short because I was sweating PROFUSELY on my head the first month I started working out! It only annoyed my scalp dermatitis more, it was SO uncomfortable and I thought what was the point! (I can pretend to be Kim and use some all cap words! Just joking, I'm not really AT ALL humorous/ funny like Kim!! I love you Kim, well, you know what I mean. ;D ) I'm actually better with pictures. I was an artist.
Laura

justmejust replied to mefirstforever's response:
Thank you Helene! I'm so happy you are back with us. I really missed you for a long time!
Laura

blondie454u responded:
You look so slim!!! You're gorgeous!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

abnersmom responded:
Great pic, laura! You are doing so well! It took me a while to give away my larger clothes, but Judy and Amber encouraged me to. I did that and once I let go, I realized that it was a great feeling to no longer have those larger sizes in the house!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mefirstforever replied to abnersmom's response:
I agree with Debbie, I didn.t wait to give away the bigger size. 18 was gone as sone as I got in to 16 now if I could get to 14 .... my jeans are waiting for me..
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
hi laura

So my left knee has been super swollen for over 6 mos. Nothing docs can do or anybody else. I've exhausted my arena of finding things. when in doubt go to the basics I always say.
I talked to a friend and a couple others who have really went from zero to 100% in their physical fitness and between 3 of us and what I know of p.t. a year ago this is what we came up with: cut down on p.t. reps by half on right knee and 1/4 on left knee. This has helped the pain and also i'm getting around a tad bit better. It takes time so until i'm out of pain I will remain with this regiment. I hope you saw my thingy on RICE.
For you that is what I would recommend and then start back with maybe where you were 1/2 time before you are where you are now. When we push past the point of resistance and we hurt hurt hurt then we get no where fast. Trust me I KNOW. Been there for over 30 years with my durn body, that's for sure.

Good luck!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

justmejust replied to parakeet210's response:
Okay Keet and Judy,

Today I took your advice. I stayed home to protect myself from further injury and to give myself a better chance at healing. It does feel like the right thing. I don't want to go nowhere fast because of pain! I taped my sore foot with sterile tape from johnson and johnsons. Now my foot arch is much more comfortable to walk on! You are a life saver Keet! And I elevated the foot higher today by another thick pillow.

You have given me such good advice so far. I think going to the gym today would have added insult to injury. I would not have done well without the help from here. My body did feel tired this morning, so I listened to it more carefully after talking with you.

By the way, I am not trying to become muscular, my weights are not heavy and my routine is not huge! I think my body just makes muscle, and I never looked muscle bound before when I was tiny! I wonder if it's a combination of fitness and obesity that is giving me the buff look right now? If I can get back to my workouts safely and my exercise routine and calorie nutrition counts I plan to get to goal weight within six months or sooner if I stave off other injuries.
Laura

rachael2011 responded:
Just seeing you pic now, Laura. You look wonderful!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Thank you Amber!!
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I am 49 yrs old and have decided that there is absolutely no way that I will weigh as much as I do by age 50. I haven't been heavy all my life...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.