DAY 17, C4, Sept 16... TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
totallywiggedout posted:

DAY 17 of the 22 Day CHALLENGE.... NEED I SAY MORE?

We have 6 FULL DAYS left to make the most of this Challenge. We could sit around like the

Or we could run around like the

Before SOMEONE shouts... "Off with their heads!"

NAMELY .... ME!

Now I did the recap and it was ok. Not GREAT, but OK. There are 14 of us and I think we can do better.
6 days isn't quite a week but it's sure closer to one end of it than the other.

let's ALL shoot for that 2 lb loss. that would give us a solid 28 lbs for this week. If we all sweat it to the oldies, we could actually make it.

I'm really going to buckle down and try.
Today I'm buying more fish and some frozen shrimp at walmart. I've remembered that my first portion of my journey was a lot of fish , because it was quick to cook and I was making seperate meals every night for me and michael.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

shelsangel responded:
Good Morning ALL,

weight 283.6

Breakfast
1 c go lean, 1 c ff milk, sm plum

Lunch
lettuce, carrot, tomatoes, ff catalina dressing, grapes

Dinner
1 hot dog (I know processed food), 1 bun, 1/2 c chili When I crave it I have to eat it and move on.

as usual lots and lots of water.

cal 1009

exercise
walking around block (done) lots of bending and standing, Richard Simmons for 45 mins after work. Got too much sun yesterday swimming so exercise will be inside for a couple of days.
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS
SW 301.2 CW 284.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

totallywiggedout replied to shelsangel's response:
Angel, get in something "good for you" along with that hotdog or you are gonna be sorry later on. You need to put in some fiber or you'll get hungry as heck before bedtime.
As a suggestion, how bout a homemade coleslaw with shredded carrots and cabbage with just enough ff mayo to moisten it?

Also, lettuce is "nice" u-hem , throat clear, but it is mostly water. very little nutrients.
If you could sub in about half baby spinach, swiss chard, kale, etc. then it would give you a filling boost of heavy fiber and more nutrients to feed your body.

you are doing really well on your exercise, so you want to fuel your body with the right stuff.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hi all!

New low weight 208.6

Yesterday was a HUNGRY day. I think I ate too many carbs. I am not journaling my food as I should because of only being able to take my right arm down for 5 min. intervals most of the time.

This weight is significant. The last time I weighed less than 209 was when #2 son was a baby-20 years ago. Yep, weight-wise I've turned back the clock 20 YEARS. And I couldn't've done it without you. Thank you all.

breakfast oatmeal and blackberries.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 212 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Love this opener Kim. Great likeness!

Weight - 201.8

Breakfast will be the usual banana and fiber wafer (necessary still but feels like a waste of 50 calories)
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Good morning ladies
I have been sleeping late this week not sure whats going on
maybe my body iis getting ready for the daylight savings coming up next month
todays weight 151.5 still bouncing up and down a half pound

Breakfast

1/2 c bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
2.7 oz strawberries
3.6 oz orange
1 C black coffee

Dinner plans
Pork chop with onions
Broccoli or zucchini
red potato or baked beans

side salad with the usual ingredients

will take a walk soon
no apples left so afternoon stuff is unknown
will have the 2 Oz pistachios that's written in stone

and I may change and have melon in place of the yogurt and berries see what happens

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
AM weigh in 177.4

already did my walk with Holly plus 30 railing pushups, this time I upped my game and did some off and on 1 minute "shuffle jogs".
I don't have alot of stride distance, or any at all is more like it, becasue of my hip, so it's more of a shuffle... but it definitely makes my heart rate higher so it must do SOMETHING to the good, lol

It's terribly embarrassing though, so I try to make those when I don't see another walker for a good distance.

Breakfast
2 lg travel cups of drk cocoa coffee
32 oz water
Chai Chia oatmeal w/ 1 tsp Extra Virgin Coconut oil and 1 diced peach

Lunch
Deli chicken brst rollup with Laughing Cow light swiss, fig preserves and baby spinach
1 c Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk w/ 2 tsp chia seeds mixed in

PM workout
50 min recumbant bike
10 min eliptical, low tension, full body
6 25 yrd freestyle laps in the pool

Post workout snack
1 vanilla protein shake

Dinner
1 skewer (approx 10 med) bbq shrimp (less than 1 Tblsp bbq sauce)
10-12 baby carrots cooked w/ 1/4 can of skinny fruits pineapple chunks in juice and 1 pkt stevia
Fresh cauliflower and broccoli florets w/ ff ranch for dip

huggs and have a "WONDER- full" Day!
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Grats on the new weight , Sharon. 20 years was a long time to wait to see it again. You are doing really well.
Had to laugh at your "taking your arm down for 5 min" comment though, because it brought to mind those people with huge wrist to shoulder casts with the "stilt" that goes from belt line angled up to support the elbow .
I know yours is different but that's the picture that my mind gave me,lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!! Don't piss off the Queen, Kathy... there are DIRE CONSEQUENCES!

bwaHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, it's getting cooler. On top of the sleep changes, we'll all probably be fighting against the natural urge to "bulk up" for the coming winter months very soon.
It's ingrained into us. We can't deny Evolution and Survival of the Fittest traits that go back to Creation.

Your weight bounces must be attributed to your new weight training. It doesn't seem that anything else has much changed in your intake or reg exercise other than that.
How is it feeling though? Are you seeing some body changes , like with developing muscle tone , from what you already had?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I am not seeing any changes but I am getting stronger I can open jars without my hubbys help
Yes the cooler weather is nice and I probably will make some fall foods like beef stew once in a while
The last few days if I want crunch I have eaten 3 or 4 raw green beans form the garden seems to be filling and satisfying not to mention I am getting another vegie

But I only did one restricted weight lifting routine this past 10 days because of that sore shoulder it is all better so will resume the normal 2 or 3 days a week weight lifting. and increase to the normal routine .

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Good morning!!
AM weight- 278.2

Breakfast- a banana (going out to eat w my Dad in an hour and I wanted something but not too many calories before then)

Wanted to share my weekend w you guys. Was my usual work weekend, but I found myself in binge-mode on Saturday night and I tried the low fat microwave popcorn (didn't have a popper). Anyways, previously I had resisted bc I am not a big popcorn fan, but I remembered everyone's suggestions from a while ago. I used sweetener and cinnamon w a spay of the butter flavored "pam-like" spay. It was awesome! And satisfying! Then on Sunday, on the way home (another troubling time) I found myself in the Burger King line getting the bf a shake...and I came home and had my apple oatmeal! None of that BK for me. Somehow between my calling Will w "Do you want anything? I am getting something." and the actual drive thru line, I talked myself out of it. A small NSV.

Congrats on the weight, Sharon!

Everyone have a really good day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
No way , Rachael, none of that condescending stuff for you... these were both HUGE NSVs!! Seriously. I'm glad you liked the cinnamon stevia on your popcorn, sometimes i add a few almonds and raisins to mine too to give it even more crunch and sweet spots.

And resisting the BK mindBurglar!!!! WOW! way to go Rachael. THAT was a biggee for you, I know. You did really well overall then, didn't you?
Be PROUD of those accomplishments , Rach. It's part of WINNING

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Whoopie Rachael!! You are awesome! Be proud of yourself!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom responded:
Congratulations to Rachael and all of you who are doing well in this challenge. I, on the other hand, fell hard off the wagon this weekend. I was afraid to weigh in this morning, but I will make myself do it tomorrow. Had a wonderful weekend with my son and his family, but I feel like all we did was eat and I was the worst of all! Could hardly button my pants this morning. I'm not happy with myself because I know I can control my eating. This was not just an overindulgence - this was a binge.

Starting over today and hopefully, once I process what happened, I will learn something from this.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.