Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
picture
slimjazzy posted:
my image is not showing up
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
If its a dog, yes it is... stop that, lol, give the site time to check your pics for "sexuality or copyright infringements" or whatever they check for. It sometimes takes a day or two, but yours, is a DOG... right? What kind? it's cute!!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

mefirstforever responded:
Now Jackie,
You got me with this dog, he is sooooo cuuuttte !!!!

Welcome to this blog, Yay how was your first day back at the gym?

Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

slimjazzy replied to mefirstforever's response:
Hi Helene
thanks for the welcome, my baby is a cutie, first day back to the gym was good because I made it there, but all I did was walked on the treadmill no other equipment. I had an MRI done today, and to hold my leg in place they use sand weights so I'm in a little pain and unable to go back to the gym today. how are things with you. I'm totally confused about this weight loss program I thought the way to lose weight was to burn more calories than what you consume. I never reach my daily goal I'm just at a lost how long did it take you to catch on to the program?
C. S. Lewis

jis4judy replied to slimjazzy's response:
Hi Slim jazzy
yup cute puppy! this program is to change your eating habits to healthier choices and being aware of portion sizes
exercise is great for your body but has little to no effect on weight removal ... Your body needs approx. 1200 calories just to survive . for breathing digestion etc getting out of bed in the morning showering all those things burn calories so please eat at least 1200 healthy calories it does make a difference what you eat the better nutrition you have in your food choices the more likely your body can heal itself from within
Please do not think you can exercise it away because without fuel you will only make your body sicker.
the basic are fruit vegies whole grains lean meats fat free dairy and nuts in moderation stay away from trans fats those are in margarine and many processed foods so try to eliminate as many processed foods as you can learn to read labels so you know what you are eating
welcome Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
welcome!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

slimjazzy replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy
Thanks for the info and the reminder of watching portion sizes, reading labels is a lot but when the weight starts to come off, It will be well worth it. I was looking for a quick fix, but I'm learning from all of you that losing weight is a slow process unlike gaining weight that was easy. Thanks for the welcome!
C. S. Lewis

slimjazzy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim how are you

I kind of figured when it didn't show up they were checking for something, I see someone had their horse as their profile photo, which gave me the idea to put (baby cujo's ) photo on. It's a mini labra doddle that needs a haircut. How often are we supposed to weigh ourselves or does it matter.
C. S. Lewis

totallywiggedout replied to slimjazzy's response:
Hey, slim.
I love your pup. he's super cute. If you ever get tired of him , go on ahead and send him to me, lol
I'm one of those "dog people" on here that Laura was referring to. I have an old curmudgeon male boxer and a female weimaraner that is almost 8 but still acts like she's 4 months old. Bowzer (Boog) and Holly resp.

Depending on if you are referring to your personal journal, or if you are thinking of joining one of the challenges....
On your own , some of us weigh in daily to keep a very close eye on things and learn how our bodies react to higher sodium days, or days with a little too little water, late night snacking ,or whatever...
Others feel more comfortable weighing in only once a week.
It's a personal choice that you make , and what fits your lifestyle better.

On the challenges, we try to weigh in daily if at all possible. It helps us keep track of how we , ourselves , are doing and lets us help others by making suggestions or comments to the other participants.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

kalimiller replied to slimjazzy's response:
Cute! I have three regular labradoodles
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

slimjazzy replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali
Awesome! They have a nice temperament
C. S. Lewis

slimjazzy replied to totallywiggedout's response:

Ha ha! On your 8 year old female Weimaraner
I didn't want to appear obsessive by weighing in daily, but what you are saying makes perfect sense, by weighing daily we get a better understanding of how our bodies works in different situations.
I read that you give different challenges every so often; I'm looking forward to one. This is really an awesome site. Thank you Kim.

C. S. Lewis

slimjazzy replied to parakeet210's response:
Thank you!
C. S. Lewis

justmejust replied to slimjazzy's response:
It's such a cute picture of baby cujo's! Makes me feel happy every time I look at it.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rachael2011 responded:
Just wanted to add my "welcome!", slimjazzy.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone My name is Jackie I'm 63 years old I began this journey to lose weight about 3 years ago to no avail. I would lose five or six po...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.