Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Glad I found this Community
MargeTaylor posted:
I am so glad that I found this community because I do need to take off some excess pounds. I look forward to getting rid of my extra weight and being here in this community will help me tremendously.

totallywiggedout responded:
ooooooooh ! She's giving us compliments ALREADY!!
I kinda like Marge.. Can we KEEP her???

lol
Hi Marge, Welcome to the Looney Bin.
I'm kim, I'll be your guide
please drop tips in the box at the exit....

First off it's usually suggested that newbies fill out a Food and Fitness planner either here on WebMd, Fitday.com, Livestrong,com , Sparkpeople.com or wherever you prefer. They are free tools that really are quite invaluable when it comes to keeping track of your caloric intake and exercise output.
They also figure how many calories to shoot for and exercise to do on a daily basis. Pretty cool all in all.

That said. It would be nice to know how you plan on going about your journey. This is a community that doesn't necessarily believe in "diets" , it's believed to be a journey that will be "forever" whereas diets are "short term".

It'd be helpful to know a little about you, your food likes and dislikes.... if you have any physical limitations... anything ,really that you would like to share with us to get better feedback and to feel even more like a member of this very tightly knit community.
Nothing is better than expanding our site with new people though. It brings in a breath of fresh air and helps keep us on our toes, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Welcome Marge. Hope you find this community a good fit for you. I have

tweety Keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Marge,

Glad you found this blog, you will find lots of info.
One day at the time and one change at the time
Here is 2 discussions that we created to put our favorite recipes and exercises fee free to add if you find anything interesting
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2753
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2523
I added them to my discussions watchlist

Hope to learn more about your journey

Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 210.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy responded:
Hi welcome aboard
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with my weight since I was a child. I have lost and gained over the years and had a few times in my life where I maintained a good ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.