Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DAY 22, FINAL DAY C4, Saturday Sept 21....To the TOP
totallywiggedout posted:
560 feet.... not quite the length of two football fields, endzone to endzone.
Could you run it? Would you have the stamina and the persistance to put one foot in front of the other until you got the job done?

Now, could you do it Uphill? Carrying a 20lb pack on your back, wearing a utility belt full of ammo , a holsterd pistol and a knife in its scabbard? Plus the 12 lb rifle with bayonette attachment? In heavy army boots? Fighting a heavy battle against your country's enemy?

560 feet.

To the TOP
With teamwork and determination, you can succeed against seemingly unsurmountable odds.
But
You will never know, unless you try.

This is what these CHALLENGES are all about.
Teamwork and trying to overcome the odds and beat our own enemies, Obesity and Ill Health.

Because you can't win if you don't try.

We are all trying and that will ,eventually ,make us winners if we persist. But it won't happen without a battle.
Don't kid yourself. It is a life and death situation which will require extreme effort, but it can be done.

YOU can do it.

I believe in all of us, together and individually. We have strength and spirit. We have intent and focus.

I believe in you. I want you to succeed. To overcome your obesity and to be the strongest , healthiest you, you can be.

One day left.... TO THE TOP , Ladies!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Kim
No I don;t think under those conditions that I could do that But I would try hard anyway

todays weigh in 151 again that's encouraging

Breakfast

1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
3.3 oz strawberries

1 c black coffee

will be walking today
Dinner plans are boneless skinless chicken breast mushrooms
brown rice Broccoli side salad

will update later

I got hungry at 9pm last night and did eat
cantaloupe 1 C 2 prunes and a hard boiled egg I am thinking it was real hunger My cut off time was breached
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
I would try alongside judy! I haven't planned anything yet so i'll check back in later ............going to celebrate sil's birthday and i'm surprising them with gigi's cupcakes.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

ausgram responded:
Gooood Morning. I am getting nervous now. I hate when programs end. That means I probably won't see some of you posting anymore. sniff, sniff. Kim probably won't berate me for doing bad, etc, etc. I hate when programs end. I went to Weigh-Loss Clinic for 8 months and lost 62 or so pounds but when it was over, they all came back on me plus some. I hate when programs end.

Ok, gotta get ahold of myself here.

Weigh-In 187

Breakfast: 1 banana and 1 cup of joe

sniff, sniff, I hate when programs end. I have learned to love you all and now some of you will probably drop out and I will gain 10 more pounds. sniff
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
WE'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE AUSSIE! And you are not gaining 60 pounds back or we will get our covered wagons and begin the long slow journey west to hunt you down and skin you like a buffalo in the days before endangered animals. Beware the wrath of the CAKE deprived, It is fearsome to behold.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
ausie we are not ending anything I will continue to post a challenge to eat a rainbow after this is done So we aware this journey never ends
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
HI all

Not sleeping well and retaining water

AM weight 211 !!!! 3 pound regain

I had too much salt the past several days.I will be vigilant today and hope to correct.

oats and blackberries and cinnamon
apple and almonds
salad and chicken
apple and almond
dinner not planned
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 212 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, I get you. We are both competitors at heart. Not necessarily with others but with ourselves. That's why I went to 800 calories even tho I knew its dumb and why you are still trying so hard even tho you are laid up. I think we both need to relax a bit and let our bodies heal without any added stress. My nurse friend yesterday told me to think of a plateau as a good thing to do for my body as we SLOWLY work our way down the scale. I actually totally believe we will get there because I cant imagine dumping this group. And I want to get there with some hair on my head and I'm sure you do too. Soo chill baby. It's all good.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Weight- 202 on the nose

Breakfast - 1 c dry Barbara's original puffins cereal

Feeling good today. Checked some things off my list.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Good job on the intro Kim. I'm feeling the WW II vibe and I'm channeling my tough as nails Dad who had to be dragged off the battlefield wounded by his wonderful men. He used to say he'd been to Paris but only saw it thru the back of an ambulance. Tomorrow is his birthday so I'll be especially missing him this weekend. It's a good kind of missing though cause I was lucky to have such a great Dad.

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Aus.... It's ok. You know that Kim will make a new challenge in a couple few months. And Judy has pledged to do the rainbow challenge. Hang tuff. You don't want Kathy to come after ya.

Sharon, I admire your stick to itness!!!! I think of you and many here. I bet if you skip over the salt shaker today etc you will loose the 2 lbs.

God bless all. I'm having a tuff day and am struggling as I fell really hard out from my garage door to the floor of the garage a huge step out there. I'm going to pay for this for a while. I wacked my already badleft knee, hip and back, and my shoulder with upper arm. sigh
I don't even want to eat! just stay hydraed and of all things have this birthday party. GREAT! GRUMBLE
I'LL HAVE AN APPLE FOR LUNCH CUZ GOTTA TAKE MEDS.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

abnersmom responded:
Nice encouragement Kim. We can all use it. We are a team.

weigh in: 152 - going the right way!

Breakfast: 1 egg scrambled in 1/2 tsp butter, 1 piece whole wheat toast
Lunch: Huge romaine and baby spinach salad with cucumber, red cabbage and carrots, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette
Dinner: chicken, baked fries in olive oil (1 med white potato) broccoli

Snack: apple and wedge of cheese

Ran this morning almost the whole 3. MapMyRun is a funky app. I ran the indoor track because it was raining, so I know I ran exactly 3 miles, however, the app said it was 1.89. Outdoors or indoors, I run the same routes and the distance on the app is never the same. I'm going to try to find one that might be more accurate. For now, I'm blaming 7 IOS!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

kalimiller responded:
Ended up going out to eat for TexMex last night. Weigh in was 187 this morning.

Had some bear creek tortilla soup for lunch. Went to get frozen yogurt with my sister, DH, and dogs after we went to the park and played. They do puppy cones for the dogs for free. Had 4 ounces of chocolate frozen yogurt. Going to the county fair with DH later today
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
update:

mid morning snack hard boiled egg

Dinner

5.5 Oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1/3 C brown rice
1/4 c cooked mushrooms
1 C broccoli steamed

side salad
1 C mixed greens
1 radish
1 thin slice red onion
1/4 bell pepper yellow
2 small tomatoes
1 T wish bone robusto
1 T red wine vinegar
2 hot Italian peppers

2 C green tea with lemon

after dinener snack 7.9 oz pear

3.7 oz apple
1 1/4 T peanut butter

2 oz pistachios

1/2 C yogurt ff
2/3 c strawberries
1/2 t honey
1/8 c gg crunchy pecan
1/10 oz chia seeds

1/4 serving dark 85% chocolate

Did take a 1 hour walk 3.5 miles
did 22 minutes circuit training that weight lifting with zero rest between moves

Hugs Judy

totallywiggedout responded:
Now I feel pretty bad. Last day of this Challenge and I go running off with my bf and drive all over Hell's half acre trying to find ..... wait for it....an armadillo. A live armadillo.

It was actually a joke that I've been telling people since I moved South. I literally and really have never seen a live armadillo in the almost 4 years I've been down here. and to make matters worse, I have only seen the dead roadkill ones about once a year, twice if I travel up into Arkansas or over into Mississippi.
So , my feeling is that there are really no live armadillos, they are extinct or they never actually existed and to keep the fallicy going, the DNR has approved x amount of money for this tri state area to share ONE stuffed roadkill armadillo. That's why I've never seen a live one. You see? It's simple logic.

Anyhooooo.... so today Michael asks where I'd like him to take me for our Saturday drive into "anywhere" and I said I wanted to see an armadillo ... they are mostly nocternal from how the story goes, but they are sometimes seen along roadsides close to the wooded areas (Like Bigfoot )

We drove some 150 country miles total and I never even saw our roadkill armadillo... I'm thinking it was Mississippi's month to have it....

I'm back now, and am trying to catch up with you guys on todays post...

AM weigh in 176.8

Breakfast was a quickie, and NOT in that sense, unfortunately...
A vanilla protein shake blended with a half a frozen banana

Lunch and dinner were out
We had a BBQ turkey leg somewhere up in Arkansas from a roadside grill, I had a small bowl of coleslaw on the side , not the creamy type , but the one with sweetened vinegar and oil .

Dinner was a Broasted Chicken breast, I took the skin off
1 med baked potato with 1 tblsp sour cream
1 serving green beans

I kinda like these travels into the unknown with Michael. It gives me a chance to see some other parts of this and neighboring states and it is nice not having anyplace to go and no time limit to get there.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story... Well to start, I have had a hard time with my weight, ever since I was in 6th grade. I was the kid who could eat anything and everything a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.