Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sunday - Sep 22 - Weigh-in & Measurment Day
ausgram posted:
Morning all. I see I'm the first one here.

Here are my stats:

Weight -187

Waist - 43

Hips - 46.5

upper Tummy - 42

Bust - 43

R.Bicep - 14[br> [br>

L.Bicep - 13.5

L Wrist - 6.5

Wrist - 7 each

R thigh - 24

L thigh - 24.5

R calf - 16.5

L calf - 15.5

Ankle - 9 each

Breakfast: 1 orange, 1 cup of joe

We are headed to Cope today. 200 mile trip, ughs.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet, sure, you can use those measurements...... but I looked back to Thurs and if it was this last thurs. they weren't posted.... do you have them written down so that you can post em for me so that I can do the calculations for your changes???

Please take it easy. Bad falls are just like car accidents. You stiffen up when you see it coming , so the impact is like hitting a brick wall. Your whole body suffers from the shock and you probably even have minor whiplash.

so sure, post what you've got and I'll work with it.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

shelsangel responded:
Weigh In 283lbs

Final Measurements
Bust 48"
Waist 54"
Hips 58"
Lower Tummy 56"
Rt Bicep 15"
Lft Bicep 15"
Rt and Lft Wrist 7.5" each
Rt Thigh 22"
Left Thigh 24.5"
Rt Calf 15.5"
Lft Calf 15.5"
Rt Ankle 9"
Lft Ankle 9.25"
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 283.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, ha ha ha ha, that's suppose to be R. Wrist and I forgot to take the both off. I thought it was going to be both, but when I remeasured everything, I saw my L wrist was smaller. No, I only have 2 wrists. ha ha ha! Funny girl.

I had a good day, sorta. For lunch she made porcupines, fresh corn, potatoes mashed and a salad. She had bread, but I didn't take any of that HOMEMADE bread. (mainly cause all they serve is oleo and I won't touch it) No dessert and the potatoes I only took about 1/3 cup. I looked around at everyones plate and they were piled high with everything. Everyone, cept me and Carl. I didn't realize people stuff themselves. ha ha! Never paid attention to anyones plate before, except mine. wow.

Kim, I like what you put in that other discussion. I don't want to be thin, I want to be healthy and not get any of the diseases that come with obesity. So I will keep working on this journey and especially since Judy and Kathy assured me they won't leave.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Oh, so you think I'M gonna jump ship, eh??? just because I didn't say that I'd be here till the cows come home, doesn't necessarily mean that I won't . lol
I'll be here too, Aus. If nothing else, this community provides ample comic relief from the daily grind...

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi kim L west 7.0 R 7.0 L bicep 15.0 R bicep 14.5 R ankl 10.20 L ankl 10.00 R&ice L thighs 24.25 Bust. 50 Hips. 49.00 Lower stomach 49.5 Waist 41 Calves L 19 R19.5

Total 246.7

So I've iced heated elevated a couple hours I'm very stiff and my hip lower feels like jammed we I raise my Left foot. Knee shoulder hip

Any ideas?
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

justmejust responded:
Hello everyone, I love reading everyone's progress. Intent and effort are both great. Better than the alternative of not working on our health right?

Weigh in 183

exercise stretches 10 min., exercises 20 min.

chest 40.5

bicep 13
bicep 13
waist 36.75
hip 43
thigh 22
thigh 22
calf 15.75
calf 15.75
ankle 8.75
ankle 8.75

wrist 6.75
wrist 6.75
neck 13.25
forearm 8.75
forearm 8.75

My fit body is smaller, more compact than my fat body, and I lost quite a few pounds too. It's a challenge well worth it. I want to remember that when I feel like I don't want to do it anymore! I really enjoy being active again.

I think the math is lost 5 lb and 5.5"!

Thanks Kim, and thanks everyone. No matter how well or not each of us did in this challenge we each learned a lot about ourselves, one another, and more about how to be healthier ourselves. Success never gives up but keeps on trying. And I had a very slow start for three years from 2010 to 2013, and I did not give up. And I won't give up. I may / will have setbacks and I will weather them to the best of my ability as I face them.

I may very well slow down at losing again, but I will do what I can to not slow down with nutrition and exercise but rather continue to focus on vegetables and healthy protein and healthy types and amounts of exercise.

Could not have done this just starting path to healthy lifestyle without everyone here in this board. My success is your success, and vice versa.

((Huggs))
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi Keet, so sorry about your fall and your pain from it. I am not a professional, but a friend. Keep resting and icing it throughout the day. If heat sounds good sometimes, try it also, plus alternate if that feels good. Don't use if it feels bad. If possible lay flat on the bed, or floor and put 3 fat pillows, or more about 3 feet high under you lower legs / feet for 20 minutes or more a few times at least each day. Keep your toes the highest and ramp down from there in a comfortable incline. The blood can return to your heart from the leg and hip much easier if you keep your head flat too if it isn't uncomfortable.

This is what my primary care doctor prescribed 2 years ago when an office chair was inadvertently rolled over my left outside foot by my daughter/son when I was un-educatedly barefoot. I had to do it for a minimum of 6 weeks. And it worked. When I was 'walking' for bare minimum needs I put sterile tape across the base of the foot but not all the way around. It was hardly painful when I did that, also prescribed by my doctor.

Good wishes for a speedy recovery!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet, do you have any bruising , this will be very dark purple , or blood red bruising, around your hip /groin areas or even your lower buttocks?
It takes something like 5000 lbs of pressure to snap a hip, but you probably pulled every single muscle in that leg trying to catch yourself before you fell. ..... did you go to your hands and knees or did you twist and land on that hip?
If this "jammed" feeling persists more than another couple of days, I'd suggest seeing a dr. X-rays may be in order, hon. You don't want a break, even a fracture to heal wrong and end up being a lifelong commitment to pain and drugs because of it.

Personall, I think you need to get help into a very warm bath with epsom salts.... your muscles are probably screaming bloody murder so you need to ease them back into use... but to do that, you need to relax them. hot baths will help.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Good one Kathy! How do you come up with this stuff ! Aussie has 3 wrists and the Enquirer is coming!!!
Laura -

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Aussie is a scary woman, Laura. Three wrists and she eats porcupine for lunch. No need to floss after that I suppose. Just pull a quill out of your gums and have at it. Please God tell me that was a typo or a cute name for a chocolate covered cupCAKE. I love appreciation Laura. xxoo to you
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

Ha ha ha, Kathy, Kathy, Kathy. Porcupine cholcolate covered cup CAKE??? Ha ha ha! Haven't you all heard of porcupines? They are meatballs with rice in them.

Kim I left your name off that last paragraph. I know you will be here till we kick. Har har!

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
No Aussie, it's really weird. We call those meatballs with rice. I'll believe ANYTHING you weather toughened, hardship endurer, Heehaw Honeys from Colorado tell me.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

MOG1026 replied to AusGram 's response: No Aussie, it's really weird. We call those meatballs with rice. I'll believe ANYTHING you weather toughened, hardship endurer, Heehaw Honeys from Colorado tell me. Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165
Ha ha ha ha, Kathy you made me laugh to hard my hubby came in here and said, "Whats going on." So I told him what you said about the porcupine quills etc. Ha ha ha! You better cool your jets. You funny girlie. Ha ha ha!

justmejust replied to ausgram's response:
I laughed so hard and long late last night at Kathy's post about you eating porcupines Aus. How did you get porcupines out of meatballs with rice in them. Never heard that before! Are porcupines common in your area? I would call them meatballs with rice in them like Kathy said. And Kathy that is another humorously worded post.
Laura -

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
O MY YOU GIRLS ARE GREAT FOR THE SOUL!!!
THANKYOU LAURA AND KIM AND KATHY ....ICING I WILL ELEVATE TOO I DID TWICE BUT I DON'T THINK THATS ENOUGH o sorry screaming
empsom salts sound wonderful. hey kim can't getinto tub will go to warm water pool tomorrow and sit in the warmer jets
and try to walk more in pool.
its mon so i'm working. started at 8 and had 2 breaks this one lasting 40 mins.
well thank you all so much it really means a lot. cuz I don't want to go to the doctor.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.