Skip to content
There is Something I'd like to touch on here.....
totallywiggedout posted:
The 200-pound anorexic: Obese teens at risk for disorder, but it's often unrecognized

ADULT EATING DISORDERS The Scary Rise in Adult Eating Disorders More grown women are suffering from anorexia, bulimia, and other dangerous eating behaviors

Eating disorders aren't just a teen affliction. With more women being diagnosed with anorexia than ever before, health experts are quick to point out that this disorder doesn't practice age discrimination. We spoke to eating disorder experts, anorexia survivors and others affected by the condition to bring you the very latest on anorexia in women

Now that we are done with this Challenge, I'd like to remind each and every one of us that although we work hard to stay healthy, there is a very fine line that we balance on between what we have now and what we will do almost anything to get.
Desire for perfection or in this case, being thinner , can make us do some seriously stupid things, even at our age.

There have been some of us during this challenge, myself included, that have pushed a little too hard...we've pushed our bodies beyond their capacity to handle the exercise we are doing.....We are getting hurt.
This needs to stop and stop right now, before it becomes a habit.

Pushing yourself to exhaustion, to injury or to a defeatist attitude that you "aren't doing enough" , runs contradictory to the cause of being healthy and safe.
Once it becomes a habit, then it becomes a symptom of something far worse, and may become unmanageable without psychological intervention........ think about what you are doing , please...... back off if it's becoming a problem..if you don't see it yourself, it may be too late... ask others if they think you may be overdoing it.

Another thing.....
I'm worrying a bit about some of the challenger's intake.... things are being fudged... the intake is being added up to far more calories than is actually being taken in ... now true, I can only go by what is posted, but as posted, some people are falling far short of the recommended daily intake , on a daily basis.
and it's scaring me.

You know who you are. I will not point fingers or pull you out and make an example of you. I admit, that I have been carried away a bit on doing my exercise, or something, since I have been so tired lately....I'm not physically aching from it, but I am very tired.

Just be careful...... the signs .... be it from inner turmoil, desire or even a competitive spirit.... are there. They are real. They should be addressed right now, so that they can be handled before they run out of the pen and are free to grow into serious beasts.

Please, it happens to kids, but it also happens to older and mature adults, like us, so be careful.

http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/conditions-diseases/understanding-adult-anorexia-102247

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/adult-eating-disorders

http://www.today.com/health/200-pound-anorexic-obese-teens-risk-disorder-its-often-unrecognized-4B11216388?ocid=msnhp&pos=1

http://eatingdisorders.about.com/od/Symptoms_and_warning_Signs/a/Symptoms-And-Warning-Signs-Of-Anorexia-Nervosa.htm

from this last link , it is possible that we all could very easily become part of the growing number of adult anorexics.....

stay sane

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

jis4judy responded:
Yes Kim many older women can get into the habit of cutting calories too low for too long ... and be victims Of their own practices...being thin is not the over all goal being healthy is .
Thanks for the links I will check them out soon ,
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Mea culpa Kim and I have owned up to it. My body was thoughtful enough to give my hair a wake up call as I have loudly complained so I won't go there again. I know I can't be the only one doing something, anything, to excess and I totally agree with everything you are saying. Thanks for putting it out there so well.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Yeah, what Kathy said.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
I've thought and done that too. I get all keyed up inside if I can't eat right which is all the time. so then you think well I don't get hungry if I don't eat. or very little............thanks for opening up the piece of this that is ever so hidden!! Kim!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in Sept. of 2011 and I believe I was around 222 lbs. at that time. I began a "diet" in June 2011 at 265 lbs. I was m...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.