Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Encouragement
jimbo0629 posted:
As I stated earlier I work at a hospital for person with a mental illness. It is a very stressful job that is rewarding and sometime disappointing when residents you work with do not make progress. Today I worked with a young lady who is very sick, she hurts herself and others. Please pray for those in hospitals like this they need it and so do the people that work there. On stressful days like today I would usually reach for a soda or sweet tea and a snack to calm myself. As I was walking off a ward today I was really thinking how great it would be to have a nice cold Coke and snack. Just before I left the ward one of the female residents stopped me and said, Ms. Jeanine you look so good how did you lose that weight. I smiled at her and we talked about eating healthy, not being a stress eater, and getting more exercise. Several of the ladies and staff chimed in and talked about what they could do as a group to help each other. When I exited the ward I was smiling and the desire for that Coke and snack was gone. When I got to my office the tea with Splenda some how tasted better than it every had. Thank you God for encouragement from others when you least expect it. 45 lbs down, and 45 more to go.

mog1026 responded:
That's a wonderful story Jeanine. Thanks so much for sharing it. 45 pounds is a terrific accomplishment. Congratulations!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jimbo
I love that story you got a message from those around you
and you have inspired others with your journey . Great transformation of the thought process from coke to tea
Love it
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn replied to jis4judy's response:
That must have felt great. It's what you really need, too, encouragement and recognition of your accomplishments, both of which satisfy so much better than sugar does. That is truly awesome how you were able to start a conversation that ultimately benefitted several people. Keep it up!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello family, I am a 49 a perosn who can't control of eating, exspiecally when I"m depress. I have been going through some problems in the la...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.