Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Counting caloires
    jimbo0629 posted:
    Friend of mine and me went out to eat today at a Chinese buffet . Hard to count the calories, I estimated around 1000 for one plate.

justmejust responded:
    Hope you had fun at least! I know what that's like to do, with friend
    Laura -
    Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
    Yes most food out is high in calories I try to stay away from Chinese food because all the things on the menu I like are too calorie loaded ..
    Hugs Judy:)
    SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
    life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
    I adore chinese food. But even when I am intelligent about it and get a dish which is 90% vegetables, my scale shows a gain the next day. Why? Sodium levels. Last time, I showed a gain of 2 pounds and my husband showed a gain of 3. Still, I don't exclude it-I just have it less often. And I try to chose carefully which for me means no more sweet and sour pork. Boo hoo.
    Smoochies,
    Sharon
    CW 212 SW 265 GW 130
    I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mardee responded:
    Chinese is indeed one of my down falls.
    I just make it at home, that way it is as healthy as can be
    Mardee
    CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
    - Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
    IDK Mardee, somehow, the idea of "healthy Chinese" takes all the fun out of it, lol

huggs
    k
    Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started my weight loss on March 20 2012 at 234 pounds. I am going toward a goal of 125 lbs and body fat percent of 20%... Update: Weighed in at 155....More

Helpful Tips

Eating potato salad without feeling guilty
    The other night I bought a container of potato salad for dinner and instead of having a big pile of it on my plate, I filled half of my ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.