Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Counting caloires
jimbo0629 posted:
Friend of mine and me went out to eat today at a Chinese buffet . Hard to count the calories, I estimated around 1000 for one plate.

justmejust responded:
Hope you had fun at least! I know what that's like to do, with friend
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
Yes most food out is high in calories I try to stay away from Chinese food because all the things on the menu I like are too calorie loaded ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
I adore chinese food. But even when I am intelligent about it and get a dish which is 90% vegetables, my scale shows a gain the next day. Why? Sodium levels. Last time, I showed a gain of 2 pounds and my husband showed a gain of 3. Still, I don't exclude it-I just have it less often. And I try to chose carefully which for me means no more sweet and sour pork. Boo hoo.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 212 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mardee responded:
Chinese is indeed one of my down falls.
I just make it at home, that way it is as healthy as can be
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
IDK Mardee, somehow, the idea of "healthy Chinese" takes all the fun out of it, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 50 something ;) and although I have been struggling with my weight most of my life, the past couple of years have been really bad. I had to ha...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.