1/2 C ff milk
3 oz strawberries *red*
3.4 oz orange *orange*

1 C black coffee

I hope you all carry on this eating a rainbow all week and weekend
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hi Judy!

I really messed up last night. DH brought home my favorite sub sandwich, an Italian treat with mortadella, provolone cheese, ham and salami, drenched in oil. Even though I had eaten more than enough for the day and truly was not even hungry, I ate it. So now I know that I can't resist that. I had a talk with John and told him it was not his problem, but rather mine. I know that I will not be able to give that sandwich up for life, so from now on it is only acceptable on cheat day (1 day out of the week) and I asked him to let me know he's bringing it early enough that I can adjust the rest of my intake so that I will be hungry when it arrives. Leaving it to the next day is not a good solution as it becomes soggy. So I think this is the best proactive solution I can devise.

Weight 209.6
oatmeal and blackberries (purple)
apple and walnuts (red)
tuna and pickles and mayo
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 211 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sounds like a good plan to me Sharon, realistic and something you can live with. Proud of you girl!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Judy, gotta get the "U" back in Saturday! xxoo

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
A lot of people seem to be MIA after the last challenge and I miss them, but I have to say Judy, what you have started here is so important and I hope everyone is paying attention in a quiet way. I have always paid attention to fruits and veggies to make sure that I eat SOME, but I haven't ever made sure that I was eating a rainbow each day. It makes a lot more sense to me that swallowing a drug company's synthetic pill each morning which medical studies show does not improve the average person's health. This is how we were meant to eat and we need the vitamins and minerals in these foods. I'm not losing weight right now doing this, but it's not the point. As you always tell us this is a journey toward health and you have made me aware of a big step in the journey. It's a step I was missing when I was just focusing on my calorie intake. Thank you, thank you Judy. xxoo

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
In response to Kathy's great awareness and the grace to say 'thank you!

I'd like to hitch hike on that of Kathy's and said"Thank you, thank you Judy." xxoo

keet tag a long to this thread
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

parakeet210 replied to parakeet210's response:
breakfast:
purple plum

will post when I finally decide about lunch (hey i'm not obcessed with eating If I can wait?)
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon fessing up is also a big NSV and working out a plan with John is also great so you are getting something from an over indulgence see we learn as we go along ...
Non of us are perfect ..
Keep plugging away at this ..
I have a puppy visiting today so not much time to post
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Lol Kathy I looked at that header and knew something was off
thank you for the correction
Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
weekends have been very slow for years a lot of people log in from work ..
and you guys I am so glad this rainbow is helping I based my whole journey on that rainbow
Hugs Judy

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm here , I'm here, let the party begin!!
Sorry for being MIA... too many tests, too much shopping , not enough time in the day. All excuses and none very good. I just really needed to concentrate on not concentrating over the last few days and have just not been sitting down much at the computer.
Very nervous about the test results on Michael coming early this next week and every time I sit down, I get blue and want to console with food.
Kathy, Aus and Laura, you will happily hear that although I have yet to fall victim, the CAKE monster has been rearing it's ugly head in MY head..... for some reason I want coconut cake with coconut icing with hot fudge sauce... although I have never experienced it , as I have never been able to FIND it, it has always been in the back of my head since "When Harry Met Sally" and they stated at the end that that was their wedding cake.... I have always wanted it, and now, I want it more.... every day if not every waking moment....habitually , when I get nervous about something big, I want that cake.
So, consequently, I must not sit for very long or I will cave.

Worse yet, Monica's bday is Tuesday. I'm not sure if she wants store bought or if I'm baking one , but there will most defiinitely be cake and icecream in this house and I'm a tad worried that I'll have a bit of a problem with the leftovers.

I have cut back on the gym workouts. Been walking a little more. It's been cooler in the mornings so it's been nicer for outside activity.

I have been fine and I'm thinking about catching up a little at a time here on the board, or maybe not... like I said , I just need to move right now.

Michael's bp/diurretic meds seem to be working at least, his bp is still high, but not in the OMG range and he's literally running to the br every 20 min , lol.... I'm not even having to push water on him, he is drinking well over 1/2 gallon a day on his own. And so far he's dropped about 5 lbs. I'm cutting his intake and watching his sodium and of course the water is flushing through him and out better now.

I am now on my 5 day of Evening Primrose. Seems to be working for the massive sweatiness at least. I'm still pretty much a vampire but at least I sleep better now.

I appreciate all of you worrying about me. It's ok, I'm just lying low and am always here in spirit if not actually in person.

much love and many huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Stupid Is as Stupid Does---Forrest's Mom

SharonNVirginia responded:
Thanks for the moral support. It is hard for me to keep a positive attitude with this arm lymphedema.

Kim, I have never been in your situation. But when I am in a worrisome place I pray the Psalms. Some of them are cries for help, some are hymns of praise to God and some are a mixture. It helps, though, to contemplate all the hard times King David went through. years of running from King Saul, his son Absalom usurping his throne and to see that even while crying out "Why have you forsaken me?" that he can praise the Lord of Hosts.

Remember this life is not all there is. Around us at all times the battle between good and evil rages.

On a practical note, I love cake and ice cream, too. Tomorrow, my cheat day for the week, I am having my family over for a barbecue for my brother's birthday. I have decided to allow myself one small disposable plastic spoon of ice cream and cake. Just enough for a taste. Also, I am making sugar free cole slaw for myself rather than eating sister-in-law's loaded with sugar and sour cream. I have whole wheat buns on hand for my barbecue sandwich.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 209 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
I'm on your coattails,Keet, piggybacking on Kathy's thanks to Judy for doing the Rainbow Challenge. She's living proof that it works and we should all try our best to follow her to our own "healthy tomorrows".

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon... if only.
A spoonful of icecream and cake is but a taste of the good life. lol
I don't have that much resistance. If I had just that, I'd feel cheated in the biggest way and would spend the rest of the day grazing and munching to make up for it. I know myself all too well, and that wouldn't do it for me especially if I end up making it from scratch.
I'll have my piece of cake with a little icecream. But, like you, I will make sure there are plenty of alternative, healthy fruits and veggies with the birthday meal, so that I can snack on those when necessary.
More than likely, since dessert will be heavy, I'll be making warm steak salads for dinner that day, just to make sure we sort of make up for the caloric expense of the goodies.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 179 GW 135

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I understand the stress thing about Michaels tests it brings to mind the serenity prayer That's the one I use a lot

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Folks: This is a first.....not the diet process, but being online seeking support in my weight loss endeavours. I will be 60 in September. I want t...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.