Skip to content
Weekends and every day seems to be a holiday
parakeet210 posted:
It 'm stuck in a rut that there is cause to have a party in my mouth all of the time. I'm trying to come up with new rule s so I will quit breaking the celesbratory (not) ones.
First I listen to gushes and banging of water running unnecessarily. now he's vacumming the stairs. Its on 6 a.m. folks. he just wants to get his work done is all but it sure breaks the serenity.

anyway what I saying.... I seem to have excuses like mad about why I can justify my eating badly. i'm in some kind of a cyclone and want out badly.

the rainbow is helping tho a lot more but last night was just inexcusable. i'm still sick from all tht candy
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

jis4judy responded:
HI Keet
I cannot stress enough that if you have foods that you binge on keep those things out of your home
if it isn't there you cannot eat it

you should stop buying things like the candy bars '
hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
I didn't buy them. Husband did. that was a month ago and I asked that he hide them, which he did. Then last night he brought them up from the basement and I just caved in. It was sat night .... I have no good excuse. I agree if it isn't there I won't eat it and I don't . I don't go into the basement because of my knee problems so its a good place for his non frozen treats.
I can't expect mr. skinny man to give up treats because of me.
hes down to 10 cigs and I want him to be successful. So far he said this a.m. no weight gain.. YAY!

i'll have to make some kind of rule that I cannot break!
ive been rigid before I can be rigid again.

thanks judy. I really admire you

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet,
I'll admit, right now, that my weight popped WAY up right after Michael's dr visit. I was eating to console and I'm paying dearly for it now, trying to do my best to find my way back to healthier choices.
That said, last night I was in a munchy mood.... no, I take that back. I wanted to EAT! I dibbled with some nuts then I dabbled with some raisins, then I ate a pink grapefruit.... There were nacho cheese doritos on the table.... just sitting there, and I knew that those were what my mind was craving....
I was reading and got up again for "something else" walked past the table again..... Got a 1/2 cup of chunky chicken salad... ate that....
Then , I caved.... I told Michael that those doritos were what I should've had to begin with....
I picked up the bag.... and... put that sucker right back down.

I've been working for DAYS trying to lose that tension weight and I had a huge thought that if I did those doritos, I may as well have not been trying at all, those days of working so hard would mean Nothing.
So, I had some more chicken salad. lol
And, I lost a lb by this morning.......

the moral of that is...
If you can just try to get through the rough spots. Drink more water, eat something healthier....even if it's quite a bit of the healthy stuff... it's still better than the candy, the chips or the baked goods you were wanting.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim you are so right when I eat as healthy as I can no matter what is bothering me if I overindulge I do it with some of my healthy foods and I usually find that I get a lower reading on the scale BUT if I did that all the time overindulge on even healthy stuff eventually I would gain weight . a one day indulgence sometimes will spark a slow metabolism..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
ARlGH@@@@@@@@@@@@@ i'm su full I could barely sneeze. last weekend hubby wanted to make this cake mixy thing and lemon bars he bought mixes for.
he made me peach cobbler and it was as good as my moms if not even better! My mom made her's all from scratch and my bro got all the recipes. I've never had it again cept about 30-35 yrs ago. I've never had any anywhere.
isn't that a silly reason for going crzed! i'm stressed out fore many reasons. I did have for dinner the rest of my roasted veggies.

i'm packing this away tonight and starting afresh in a.m.

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

SharonNVirginia responded:
Tweety,

I have EXACTLY the same problem as you. Here's what I say:

1 Journal even when you're bad. Journal each thing as you eat it, or even before. Measure or weigh everything. If you don't know what the calorie count is on something, estimate as honestly as you can.

2 Plan what to eat the night before. Even write it down or journal in advance. Then you can say "Only 1 hour before I eat my walnuts." It helps.

3 Have healthy stuff YOU like in the house and know their calorie counts.

4 Shrink your portion sizes. Last night, I realized my brother left ice cream here which he was supposed to have taken home with him. After fighting temptation and losing, I said "Okay, I'll have ice cream but only 1/2 cup." I took out my 1/2 cup measure and crammed the ice cream in then scraped it level. Next time, I'll use a 1/3 cup.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 209 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
thanks Kim!! I've been trying. Gotta go to the store tomorrow to get a few things. Including my rainbow before I leave. The time im gone going to take my greek yotgurt

I ate healthy today just not a perfect rainbow.

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

parakeet210 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon!
That's a great suggestion! I tried to copy you and Kim's reply's b ut just your part of the message wouldn't print

O I just realized maybe I need to put it on a word doc

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 33 yr old with a 14yr old son and an 11yr old daughter. Been with my husband for 18 years, but only married for 1 year. I have been overweight ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.