Skip to content
New leg on my journey
rachael2011 posted:
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let you guys know that I attended my first overeater's anonymous meeting on Friday. (I know so much for me being anonymous) Anyways, the literature and the web site (oa.org) said a lot that resonated with me so I am going to give it a go. It may just be a good fit, even though the steps are a little confusing to me. They seem simple at first but then, well, I just get confused. Well, I just wanted to share with you guys. You all have been so supportive to me.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout responded:
Rachael?? You still hanging with us too, right? Don't want to lose your input to a bunch of .... Anonymous people! lol
We don't know them...; are you sure they are nice?? lol

Well, whatever helps, Rach. You know we are here and we all have different paths to our journeys.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey Kim. I am not going anywhere. You guys are my friends. I have just been really struggling w control and the binges, and I wanted to try this. When I first started here in March I lost like 35 lbs by June. But from June to now, I only lost 10. I exercise and eat really well ...and then I binge. I wasn't going to post that I was trying something new bc I feel like I am cheating. (I know I am not, but it feels like it.) But I decided to share; it may help someone in the same boat.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
That's good Rachael. Didn't wanna lose you to a bunch of people who haven't been "vetted" yet lol.
I didn't figure you'd be going anywhere.... there is no place like home after all.
I'd looked into it myself last year around this time, but I'd have to go 35 miles to find a meeting. No good with the gas prices and twice weekly meetings.

tell us how it goes, for sure, though.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy responded:
yes Rachael I do hope they have an answer for the over eating
binge like behavior I am still fighting that battle myself from time to time
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm happy you will have more face to face support and be suoporter once you re getting better.

i'm excited for you .. ..... I'm glad you're sticken around here too! I'm just now startin to get to kinda know ya.

keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

blondie454u responded:
Everyone needs something different to help with their journey. As long as you're not doing anything to damage your body, you're not cheating. I almost considered it myself. After I lost the weight I went crazy. I guess I got over it. I also have very strong will power and I am a self motivator. We are all different and we need to do different things in order to deal with our own problems. So deary you doing great!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger responded:
Hey Rachel, You may binge cause for a lot of reasons. It is emotional, stress, or feeling you are depriving yourself causing that, usually there is a reason deep with in we binge like that. If I tell my self I am on a diet, I am hungry all day and I feel like I am trying to control a monsters appetite. If I say you are eating healthier to improve yourself Steph, and you don't have to deprive yourself of things you like. You might can eat a burger once a month, with white bread and loaded with fries or eat a cup of ice cream once a week. I also love chocolate, so I buy sugar free chocolate, like chocolate pecan clusters. If I eat one if I feel I am gonna loose it and gonna binge it helps me feel satisfied. It is different for all of us. But I think it is great you are getting help, you have recognized it as a problem that is holding you back from moving forward, and that is a great thing if you ask me!! I am proud of you, you could also try to talk to a Christian counselor as well.

I bought chocolate frozen yogurt to replace my ice cream
I bought 100% whole wheat bread instead of white.
I eat lean burgers with toma, let, pick, but no bun.
I just don't eat fried or chips now, but you can buy sweet potato fries.
I make all my own soups now, trying to get away from processed stuff.
If I go to Mcdonalds with the kids, I know exactly what I am allowed to have there. yogurt parfait, snack wrap with no sauce, or apple slices, unsweetened tea with splenda.

Small steps just help out so much. and you will stay full just like before. I use to think eating healthy was such a bore. But you can eat healthy and make great food, that taste awesome.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been working on myself for the last 2 years the first year I lost 24 pounds and the second year I made a cleanup in my life. Now it is time ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.