Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Tues October 1 2013
jis4judy posted:

http://www.uhc.com/source4women/health_wellness_tools_resources/nutrition/rainbow_of_fruits_vegetables.htm

Good morning New Month lets make this one count extra special

weigh in 151

todays breakfast
red 2.2 oz strawberries
orange 4oz orange
purple 1/2 C raisin bran
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C fat free milk
1 C black coffee

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Good morning Judy and everybody.
Breakfast was Kashi go lean and an orange (orange).

Lunch will be spinach (green), carrots (orange) tomatoes (red), onion (white) and diced peppers (green) w chicken.

No idea on dinner tonight but I am shopping today and will get something purple or blue or snack. This challenge has shown me how lacking I am in this color veggie/ fruit.

Hope everybody has a good day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy responded:
update I will be cooking today

steak and mushrooms white
little red potato red
fresh spinach cooked green

side salad
mixed greens Green and purple
tomatoes red
bell peppers yellow
red onion red
radish red
wish bone robusto dressing

I did have a prune mid morning snack

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, I'd have joined in today, but I was shopping and baking all day long. Literally. I didn't eat anything till dinner tonight. And I feel bad that really, the only color in my day was the strawberries in the frosting, lol

I'll do better tomorrow. I've had my cake and frankly, that's all I want of it. It's really good and not cloyingly sweet, but I just have had enough.
I think tomorrow I'll start with egg n greens because I'm pretty sure by then, my body will be craving the "good stuff".

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim
I was rather busy the last few days myself and barely got this rainbow thing posted It is a good thing to think about if you get enough vegies and fruits in a rainbow of colors there is less room to eat other stuff .
I saw your cake it was very beautiful
was there a crown or Tiara on top of that cake in one of the photos?
Hugs Judy

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes, the theme was Diva because Monica turned 21 today. I purchased the diva plates, napkins and hot pink forks. but couldn't find a suitable centerpiece for the cake.. for some reason all the stores were out of #2 candles to put 2 1 on the cake so I had to figure something else.
I found this tiara in the Dollar General,when I went in to pick up corn syrup for the ganache. It's a doll's tiara, has little hair combes on the back ends which I buried into the cake to make it stay, lol
Cost me all of 30 cents for this cute little Diva centerpiece!

Huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mom of three great kids, and the wife of an incredible husband. In all I'd like to lose about 90 pounds....but I am planning to break it do...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.