a green vegie either broccoli or spinach and that side salad
there will be either brown rice or red potato

the evening food will be pistachio nuts and yogurt with strawberries
maybe an apple with peanut butter and a few prunes

that's the plan for today
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael2011 responded:
Hello!
Colors are:
Red apple in oatmeal.

Salad w spinach (green), peppers (green), tomato (red), carrots (orange) and mushrooms (white). And black beans cooked w onion and garlic (more white). An orange.

Dinner will be chicken with sweet potato ( orange) and green beans (green).

Will also have the purple grapes for snack.

Everybody have a good day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Only red grapes
and mix of red and yellow raisins, dried fruit
so far

will add greens and yellows later, hopefully other colors

Been busy today, exercise class, lunch with neighbor, store to purchase sd card, post office to mail sd card and goods to college no. 1 son. In about an hour drive daughter to community service library shelving then straight to work.

Have a great day everybody!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
Breakfast was a small bowl of oatmeal with 1 tblsp of flax seeds, made with unsweetened apple juice and cinnamon
topped with 1/4 of an apple and 10 raisins, red, purple

AM snack 1 c carrot/almond milk smoothie, orange

Lunch egg and greens, spinach, green, onions, white, mushrooms, white and topped with 1/4 med tomato, red

PM snack 1 c low sodium V8, multi colored

Dinner 1 Tilapia Fillet , oven crisped zucchini and roasted sweet potato slices, orange

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

ausgram responded:
Hi Rainbow girls. ha ha! I'm sorry I haven't been on. I been too darn busy to do much of anything on the computer but get on FB and keep tabs on my kids. I got 1 grandkid and 1 daughter out of state and 2 granddaughters out of the country, got funerals to deal with, 2 churches to take care of and the house hold things, like propane tanks to deal with. Soons I can get a handle on some of this, I'll be back.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
AUS!!!!! Please don't go!!! We'll EAT YOU UP we love you so!!!!

fine, I understand exactly how busy one can get.... there are just so many hours in the day after all...

Just know you are missed.

huggs
k

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh God, Kim is soo hungry she's considering cannibalism. Wait, she said "WE" so she's dragging the rest of us along with her. AUSSIE, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

So, is there any CAKE left?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Rainbow

Red - cherries, cherry tomatoes, red onion

Blue - blueberries

Orange - clementine

Purple - grape juice

White - banana, dates, potato

Green - romaine, arugula

Brown - kalamata olives

Need to get a lemon this week because I'm missing the yellow.

Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller responded:
I haven't been terribly good at posting lately - I have been reading up on the posts daily though. Trying to keep up with everyone.

Breakfast for me was a cranberry and granola cereal. Don't remember what kind, but it was pretty healthy. I would go look, but it was the last of the box and it's at the bottom of the trash can now.

Lunch was leftover mac and cheese with kielbasa slices and broccoli. It was super good. I know that mac and cheese isn't the best, but being leftovers meant that it was free AND not eating out.

Dinner was fish - I think tilapia. My mom also had a veggie medley (broccoli, carrots, and squash), and white rice. I skipped the white rice and just had the fish and veggies.

My weight it still remaining the same - 186.0 this morning when I checked. It's not dropping, and I know exactly why. Which is part of the reason that I'm posting - to keep myself accountable.

I haven't really been exercising. Saturday there are two activities going on in town that I am interested in doing. When DH gets home, I will ask him what he thinks he wants to do. First is a 5k. I would most likely walk it, but it would be fun I think. We would probably bring a pup with us. The other thing that we could do is go to a science museum that is super hands on. They are doing a special display and there are (I believe) three different levels to this place - which would mean a lot of walking and a lot of stairs.

Not exercising is the least of my problems, I think. It's is food. I had two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream tonight followed by 12 tortilla chips with melted cheese on top. I have been doing a LOT of snacking lately. It's awful for me. I know it. My parents ALWAYS keep several gallons of ice cream in their freezer and people are eating it every night. It's hard for me to not want ice cream when I see it all the time. And now that I've done it for so many days, it's become something that I feel that I need every night. I know that I don't need it. I need to think of something else to do each night instead of eating ice cream. Maybe take the dogs for a walk? Hmm...
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
Good girl Kali for facing it and making a plan for tomorrow. You've had a lot of changes and that's hard. And you don't have total control over your environment. If you haven't packed some on its an NSV! I keep telling myself what the doc said, it's 80% food and 20% exercise. Work on whatever part you can at the moment and you'll eventually get there!

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That looks like a delicious menu Kim, yum!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, maybe treat yourself to greek yogurt, frozen cherries, T honey mixed together in place of the ice cream. I know I have the same problem. My weight is not budging up or down due to the last daily treat I am having routinely. But on the bright side, I had many treats throughout the day before starting my journey.
Laura -

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
todays color total

cup red grapes
yellow and red raisins
one orange carrot
white banana
2 cup green spinach
red cherries

nice to see everyone here on the rainbow post each day
Laura -

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Yes, unfortunately, there IS cake left. Come and get it!!! I'll pay for your trip, we can finally meet and have a "girls" night out.... or three.
Of course, I'm dragging you into it. Have you never read "Where The Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak??

One of the very best books ever..... but my all time favorite was and still is (because I reread it about every 2-3 years, I keep it in my Cedar Chest)....

This book will be with me forever, All of my boys have read it, STILL remember it and all loved it too.

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, it is hard when you have to deal with watching loved ones that you live with eat everything they want. It's not fair and our brains scream it every time we "deprive" ourselves of what we feel we want.
Ask yourself though, do you REALLY want it, or is it just because they are eating it?
Time to get some oranges , grapefruit, peaches on the table. Put them in a collander to have on display when you are home, then put them back in the fridge at night to keep em fresher longer. The problem is mostly visual , Kali. If you see it you want it. Try to stay away from them while they are having their nightly icecream and grab an orange and go for a walk or out onto the porch swing or whatever.
Watch out, Several nights worth of the "treats" will soon become the 32-38 days that it takes to become a habit. Make it a good habit and not an icecream one.

huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am a 27 year old mom of 3.. hoping to be of 4.. and have always been a little on the chunky side all my life, but as I was finishing junior h...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.