Skip to content
The Big C
totallywiggedout posted:
Well, Michael's biopsy results were late, but ,hey, I coulda waited a lifetime to NOT hear this.
My sweety has Melanoma. He took the call and is playing everything down. Isn't telling me much of anything over and above the fact that his next appt is for surgery at an Oncologist in Shreveport this coming Tues.
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
oh Kim I am so sorry to hear that But they do have good treatments for it ..My niece had melanoma on her skin and they removed it she is doing well..
It is caused by too much sun exposure I think
My prayer are being sent your way that Michael can get this taken care of by a good doctor
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
I am very sorry to hear that Kim. My heart goes out to you and Michael. I am a little worried no matter what now. It's larger than a pencil eraser and melanoma. But maybe What Judy said about her niece gives some hope. I'm praying Michael is taken care of by a good doctor. ((Huggs))
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
So glad you got him to the doctor when you did. And the surgery is soon, that's good too. They probably won't know much til after the surgery, so he doesnt know much either. Waiting is going to be hard I'm sure. They cure a lot of this stuff. Try and stay upbeat if you can. Denial is a good thing until you absolutely have to face something, because maybe you'll never have to deal with the bad news. Hurricane schmurricane, have as much fun as you can this weekend. Do what you want, when you want. Go see Gravity, eat the popcorn. We are here when you need us. xxxxoooo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rohvannyn replied to justmejust's response:
That can be worrisome, Kim. I hope the best for you and your husband. If I had to pick a cancer to be afflicted with, I'd pick melanoma because if you catch it like you have it's very treatable, has minimal impact, isn't as likely to take over the rest of the body, and often doesn't recur. I've known folks who have had it and it really wasn't a big deal for them. You see it a lot in sunny places like I live.

Still I completely understand the worry. This is a scary time. You have our support and shoulders to vent on.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rachael2011 responded:
Kim, I missed this post yesterday. Adding my prayers for Michael. So sorry you guys have to go thru this.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

abnersmom responded:
Kim, I'm so sorry. My aunt had a melanoma removed over 30 years ago and is still going strong at 89.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mefirstforever responded:
Kim, I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. Sending you a big hugg.
Hopefully by next tuesday you will know alot more on the procedure and all. I know for myself not knowing exatly what will happen can so stressfull.
Take care of yourself my friend.
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 208.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

mog1026 replied to mefirstforever's response:
Big Kiss coming your way Kim. Don't duck!

Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u responded:
Praying for you guys!!! I hope everything goes well.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
First time on for a while on vaca. Kim you're faith w/ Michael and for Michael, you're great attitude and good doc which I'm hoping M has. I'm sure he does or u woulda said something. God speed. I believe in y'all ! I'm sending many prayers for Michael and you
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout responded:
Thanks guys for the warm wishes, hugs, kisses and prayers. They are so appreciated..... there are no words to express how grateful I am for all of you.
I've been alternately turtle-ing, by pulling myself up into my protective shell.... armadillo-ing by rolling into a ball and hoping nothing eats my tail..... and ostrich-ing by hiding my head in the sand and thinking "happy thoughts" as the emotional storm rages "outside".

In other words.... eating my silly head off.

Old habits never really die, they hibernate till you REALLY need em.

I'm pretty sure that this bad luck isn't "catchy" though. Wherever everyone is hiding, you can come out to keep Judy company.
I can almost hear my thoughts echo here it's so vast and lonely...... shhhhhh..... hear the crickets out by the bleachers???

You guys need to come on and hold down the fort while some of us bad luck sufferers are away.... the injuns could easily take over and eat our cranberries if you don't watch the stores.....

huggs
k

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Judy, no rabbit hole, I'm answering here, because this has to do with the C .
GUESS WHAT I JUST FOUND OUT!!!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR X(

Michael misunderstood what is going to happen tomorrow.
No surgery, just initial consultation...... so here I was all ready for this to be over, and it's not.......

So I guess I'll be living with my head in the sand for a while longer.
(happy thoughts..... rainbows, kittens with pink bows, blue jello, fireflys........grrrrrrrrrrrr)

huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
well the initial consultation may just turn into surgery
when he gets there depends on what the doc thinks and how big it is ..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Blue jello? Ewwww.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

Been over weight all my life--59 years old. I need to lose about 100 pounds.I have a bad back and hip. Can't exercise I can barely walk. So I am c...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.