Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
21 reasons you maybe loseing hair this is for U Kathy
jis4judy posted:
http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/stress/21-reasons-youre-losing-your-hair#1

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Thanks so so much for posting this Judy. I think the most likely cause is the weight loss. 6 months is a long time though for this to continue. I think it's been about 6 weeks now. It's quite noticeable on top and I am still FREAKING!!!!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Okay, this is really weird. I came across a newspaper article here about how a group of women in the next town, which is about 5 streets away, started talking about their aches and pains and realized that they all were losing their hair! That caught my attention. They discovered that they all had developed high levels of arsenic from their well water. It occurs naturally in the bedrock here and can cause hair loss along with some other symptoms. It is an easy fix with a specific kind of water filter but guess what..... I'm getting my water tested this coming week just in case.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
that is weird Kathy maybe your water is tainted
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
You know, Kathy. I was thinking about that article too. I hadn't realized how close that other situation was to you. But sure enough, there are certain naturally occuring "poisons" in the ground that you cannot avoid if you have well water.
I sure hope you find the cause soon and get it fixed. Otherwise, I suggest finding a Henna artist so that you can shave it off and get a really cool henna crown.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is NOT the look I am going for!

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy, I question wether it is the weight loss. It seems like you are losing similarly to others here who are not having hair loss issues much. Maybe it is mostly genetics as you first mentioned, with weight loss and stress about the wedding being contributing factors? Nutrition, hormone health, healthy lifestyle are some of the things mentioned within our control to improve upon. It's so difficult for me to keep away from excess refined sugar and processed foods for my joints, so I keep trying to do better for that reason, and others. That link from Judy seemed very nice. I'm sorry you are having this issue!

Huggs!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mardee responded:
Surgery WRECKS your hair!!

My hair finally started growing more then an inch per year after my last set of surgeries back in 2009. I TOOK 4 YEARS!
Right after my surgery, i cut my hair from my butt, to my shoulders because it was just hard to deal with. and i thought - My hair grows really fast, it will be back to my butt by a year. And NOPE. It is now just 2 inches past my shoulders.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy,
Have you tried Tea Tree Oil??
It helps strengthen your hair.
Do you know if your hair is falling out at the root?? Or is it breaking through out your hair?? This can help find out what is causing it. And i am sorry if you had said something about it in a previous post, i haven't worked my way back to the earlier posts.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
Hi Mardee. It's definitely the root too. And yes, it fell out in 2010 and again in 2011 when I had two surgeries. my hairdresser said at the time that she thought it was anesthesia that did it. I just didn't expect it now, and it's worse this time. Now here's another strange coincidence I just got some Paul Mitchell tea tree oil product delivered from amazon today.

I do have some stress in my life which started early in Sept. at about the same time this did. My DH has developed a very very very worrying heart problem. As a result he has abruptly retired and our schedules have changed significantly. It has been a little scary, though we are kind of getting used to it. I find you can only sustain hysteria for so long. LOL!

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
Okay this is going to sound weird, but...

I hope it's the arsenic, cause that sounds like an easy fix.

(I think that must be one of the rarest sentences in English. )
I hope it's the arsenic. I hope it's cancer. I hope it's the IRS. nope even in that context it doesn't sound any better. mumble mumble. I DO wish you well.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mardee replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy

Tea Tree is AMAZING!! I swear by it

But, i felt the affects of my anesthesia for about 3 years. My hair would go through the routine of getting healthier an then it would go back down hill.
Also keep in mind, it is healthy to loose up to 100-200 strands a day, most people just dont notice it because they are not watching for it.

I hope that the Tea Tree helps and that your hair gets back to health
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

- Japanese Proverb

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hahahaha Sharon! That is really funny! I know exactly what you mean:-)

Mardee Thanks so much for your advice and commiseration. Hair is the ONE area where none of us want to be THIN!

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy, I'm sorry to hear about your hubby's heart. God bless you and your hubby and family. Big Huggs,
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
It's tough to have these hard issues come up Kathy. I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers Ur the optimist I know so I'm sure you'll do ur best
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 44 years old, married with 4 children. I have faced many challenges in my life: I've been sober since 1986, quit a packet a day smoking habit...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.