Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
what the heck has everyone gone someplace?
jis4judy posted:
whats going on? this board is so quiet it is making me worry about all of you.
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Judy, Hi, honeybunch. I'm not really here, but here in "spirit", lol

Tomorrow is Michael's surgery, in Shreveport. We did a bunch of "couples" things this weekend and just hung loose. Michael is one not to show his emotions but Friday, I could tell he was crying inside, so we just kept is simple and easygoing for some just us time outs.
My eating has been completely eratic , of course. He stops eating and I eat like a friggen horse, or elephant, or..... grazing buffalo with an entire prairie all to herself.....
Funny thing is, it's mostly the dried fruits I can't leave alone. If I open a bag, I eat it..... so , I'm not gaining much because i've kept myself real "regular"

My exercise has gone down the tubes though. I've walked twice since this all began and I have only been to the gym once. My heart wasn't in it, and I left after 30 min.

We just need to get through tomorrow and find out what's what.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
So glad you posted Kim
I was beginning to think you fell down the rabbit hole
I am sure Michael will do fine , My niece did great with her fight with that same cancer
It is so strange when no body is posting I was expecting you to be away tomorrow while you go with Michael for the surgery . My hubby has a thing on his forehead and has an appointment to see a dermatologist next week I am thinking it is an old age spot but we are getting it checked out to be sure .
will be praying for Michael and you too sometimes I think it is harder for the person that loves you when you are the one with the problem ...
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
You are so right Judy. It's been positively creepy quiet. But to finally hear from Kim is such a relief. Tomorrow's result is already decided, but how you handle what you are told by the doctor is completely in your control and that's a GOOD thing, because you can handle anything and then some, Kim.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Just continuing to be busy at work and home, mailing care packages, driving daughter orthodontist, job, etc. All is good, stress up a little bit, food choices and calories affected a bit this week. Miss my daily exercise classes but the rest time is helping my joints from the overuse. Plan to work toward a bit more exercising. Long term goal is to reduce my processed sugar and increase my leafy greens which would be ideal for my joint pain healing.

Cheers everyone!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mardee responded:
Hello Judy

Sorry, so much is going on. I am sure i will be able to be back on every day once i get moved on the 5th of November.
I am also assuming that once i have my surgery and am bed ridden, i will be posting way to much and you will not be able to get rid of me
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

blondie454u responded:
It's that time of year where there seems to be so much going on. I am here just don't really post much. Pretty much it's the same ole thing with me. Still working out and eating well. I did have a scoop of chocolate frozen custard on a cone Saturday night. The hubs and I decided to go out for a little while with just us. We never really get to do that.

Kim I hope everything turns out ok.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
I'm mostly staying on the board and posting occasionally beccause eventually I will regain motivation to work on myself. It's hard enough right now dealing with my own behavioral issues without dealing with my physical situation as well. I have started eating a bunch of broccoli at night again though, and am eating higher protein and cutting out most of the rice. Haven't had the heart to weigh or measure.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

parakeet210 replied to rohvannyn's response:
hi
I've posted a bit. nothing about eating tho. been on vacation and am gearing up to behaviorially change a lot of things. I know I want to loose the weight even tho we're approaching the holidays.

thank you much and Kim God speed. I hope Michaels surgery went well and you're both on the mend.

huggers everyone
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

kalimiller responded:
I'm still around. Just been quiet
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

Spotlight: Member Stories

Lap Band Surgery -to do or not? Hi,42years old,124kg,married,2 children & 2 dogs. 4months ago after being in allot of pain in my knees,joi...More

Helpful Tips

8 Habits for Successful Losers
This Article from Readers Digest has great habit tips. Some you may already know .. you just have to keep reminding yourself from time to ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.