1/2 C ff Milk
3.8 Oz strawberries red
3.4Oz orange Orange

Hugs Judy

I am shopping this morning to get more fresh fruits
and vegies for my rainbow eating

SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

An_250976 responded:
Unfortunately I had the munches too last night . And it wasn't fruit. I'm not weighing myself this morning . Way too much salt and calories. . The good/bad news is that it made me feel awful in the night, thirsty and headachy, so maybe that will help me cut it out!

Have there been other times Judy when most members go quiet? This is the first time this year that I've seen this. Usually this place is so hopping. Laura is showing up regularly but not a lot of others. Yea Laura! And yea You!

mog1026 replied to An_250976's response:
Sorry, I hit the little box by accident while posting and I became anonymous. I never noticed that little box before.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender responded:
Good morning. I see my surgeon today. He is supposed to remove this splint, take out stitches and apply some other sort of splint. Then I am headed to a friend's house where she will cut up some veggies for me. My neighbor is very ill right now (bad cold? bronchitis?); it that didn't work out for her to help at this time.

Finally making a lentil/veggie soup. Not sure what all I will end up having in it. I only have a few veggies, but I would still like my onions cut and my red bell pepper cut. I have a can of diced tomatoes and celery sticks to wash and cut, too. When I went shopping, by the time I got to the fruit/veggie section I was too tired to think a whole lot about it so may end up buying a few other things today, but I am still going to keep it simple overall. The bell pepper is for my scrambled tofu and not the soup.

So, for the soup: Lentils, tomatoes, celery, spinach, onion, garlic, uhh....maybe will pick up zucchini squash and green beans...
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
yes every now and then the board goes quiet and it feels kinda weird I am used to it on weekends but during the week it is usually a few on Looks like it is just You and me Kathy
maybe Laura will pop in .. could be some are decorating for Halloween .. I don;t do any decorating for Halloween My hubby puts a lighted pumpkin in the front window that's about it.
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Hi Abby! Good to hear your arm is making healing progress . I'm very impressed that through all of this you are paying such good attention to your diet and getting your veggies in. It would be very easy to just wallow in a set back, but you haven't done that. I'd tell you to pat yourself on the back but that might be pretty hard to do right now. The soup sounds delicious!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy, I think that we all have a lot of things going on right now; at least that is true for me. I'm feeling better - worked a full day yesterday for the first time since surgery. My sister is having a heart catheterization as I write this. They decided that the risk of another heart attack is greater than the risk of the dye on the new kidney.

I am down to 149 again. I have been trying to eat healthy - more fruit and veggies even than usual. With all the stress over the last 2 weeks, my appetite has not been great (weird for me).

Breakfast: 1/2 C oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts, coffee
Lunch: Salad (spring mix with carrots and brocolli balsamic vinaigrette, half ham sandwich on whole wheat
Dinner: not sure yet.
Snack: 2 clementines
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

shelsangel responded:
Morning All,

Breakfast
strawberry yogart, banana, 1/2 c grapenuts, Kashi trail mix granola bar

Lunch
2 c spinach, 1 c lettuce, 1/2 c tomatoes, 1/2 c carrots 2 tbs catalina dressing

Dinner
grilled pork chop, 1/2 c sweet potatoes, 1/4 c peas

lots of water

Have a great day, HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hello!

I have been keeping my right arm elevated most of the time. Right now it's not hurting, so here goes.

new low weight today 206.6

I am re reading "Why We Get Fat" and learning some things I had either missed or forgotten. My eating is a balancing act. Enough whole grains to be regular. Not enough fat to upset my gut. Enough veg to fill me up. Not too much fruit for my blood sugar. It's a very narrow path. I have been inching up on my grain consumption the last couple of weeks and it was hurting my weight loss. I am going to cut my carb intake. Especially my oatmeal and blackberry breakfast (45 GRAMS!!). It's hard right now with my right arm mostly out of commission.

Judy, I was wondering why you weigh 150. Your calorie count wouldn't seem to support such a high weight. Could you have a simple carb problem like me?
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 209 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy,
Isn't that awful when those munchies hit you? I have been having a problem with that lately. All I have been able to do is measure and gradually reduce my portion size.

I started at 1 ounce of tostitos. 26 grams of carbs. Yikes. That's as much as I should have in a meal.

But at least it was less than I had been having. I have gone to weight measurements for the most part, because volume is problematic for solids.

I just had the munchies before signing on. I weighed out 1/2 ounce of tostitos. Wah! But I stopped there.

Abby, I am glad you are getting better. Broken bones are miserable.

I am using my time well without my arm by reading about weight loss and diet. I hope to hit the ground running when my problem is under control.

Love, to all
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 209 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

rachael2011 replied to ladylavender's response:
Abby, Am glad your arm is healing! Your lentil soup sounds awesome!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hello everybody! I had off work on Sunday so I spent the whole day with Will watching football. It was nice. Yesterday I worked til late and it wasn't my regular house so I didn't want to use their computer.

Today I had apple (red) and oatmeal.

salad w spinach (green), onion (white), mushroom (white) and broccoli (green) and pizza at a local pizza buffet

Dinner was wheat pasta w tomato sauce (red), peppers (green), onions (white) and mushrooms (white)

I walked about 40 minutes at a wooded park and just appreciated the leaves changing, the cooler air, etc. Hope everyone has a good night.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
This is terrible... Today I had 1/4 white potato with skin, 1/2 pink grapefruit, 1 med. apple, tsp raisin mix, that's it for today's fruits and veggies. The rest of my food was horrible like the good old bad days. Same old worse possible junk fast food and packaged processed junk food. Did have a hb egg, tbone, 2 Brazil nuts, tsp. sunflower seeds, 1-2 cup ff milk. Not a green leafy vegetable today! Not feeling food satisfied, am feeling stressed, miss working out, some work stress catching up with me, plus usual housework stress, spouse stress, personal stress! What happened? Guess it was going to catch up with me, been building here and there. Darn, this is a challenge!!! total calories, much of it disgusting 2500.

I hope everyone else is doing better than me!!!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura I had a bad day yesterday myself not so much food problems just a lot of stress with spouse if I had icecream around I would have binged on it I did eat some banana bread but only one thin slice . still 152 this morning
My Hubby is hard of hearing and it is so frustrating to try to talk with him about anything . I have sort of dark spot right over the stove and countertop in the kitchen and the makeshift light we put there to light the area no longer works . he went out to get a new one came back with a grow light for plants . I told him it was the wrong light he said a light is a light and installed it anyway turned it on and the light was blue then he knew I was right .. so I go with him to the store I choose a 24 inch light he insists on the 18 inch light he installs and it is a lovely warm glow but doesn't do the job of lighting the whole area ...He claims the one I wanted didn;t have the part to connect to to the cabinet because it was wrapped up so you cannot see that part I try to rationalize with him that they are all under cabinet lights and should all have someway of installing it . all that yelling wore me out ...I wasn;t yelling because I was mad I was yelling because otherwise he can't hear me . after all the yelling I did get angry I wasn;t getting thru
a vicious circle to be sure ..

My Dinner was
4.6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
1/3 C brown rice
1/5 c mushrooms
1 1/2 cooked spinach
1/2 pat butter
Side salad

with mixed greens 3 slice cuke 1 large radish 1 small tomato 1/4 bell pepper yellow 5 black olives 1 T wishbone robusto dressing

1 C green tea

1 slice banana bread

my yogurt and raspberries

then I had 1 1/2 Oz mango dried 3 apricots 2 prunes
My calories were only 1400 altogether but the stress of trying to get through to hubby wrecked my sleep and I woke up starved to realize that when I went shopping yesterday I forgot to buy oranges so out I go again today to pick up what I forgot yesterday
Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon
Most days I get in 1500 cals that seems to maintain my weight around 150 ish some days are higher some lower /
I do avoid things like chips bread and things that are full of those not so good carbs and limit things like potatoes and rice
I don;t have any health problems with the exception of my eyes and the plan I live by is designed, to support those eyes

that's why the rainbow is good it really supports health all over the body /
I am assuming some of the things I count I could be wrong and they could contain more calories than I think so I might be getting 1600 calories when I think I am getting 1500
counting calories is difficult because our perception of what a serving size is variable that's why I started weighing all the fruits meat and nuts I also weight the potato and sweet potato too ..I recently began weight my dried mangos
Yesterday I had trouble getting al my calories in because of that shouting I did with hubby I explained that in a post to Laura
Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 59 years old, married to a great guy and have 3 grown sons, one of whom is married to a great gal & they have 2 boys. (Will I ever be able...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.