1/4 C heart to heart
1/4 C gg chrunchy pecan
1/2 C ff milk

Dinner today will be
Boneless skinless chicken with mushrooms

1 C or more of cooked spinach
sweet potato approx. 5 oz
and the side salad with usual ingredients '

took a long walk this morning there was road work on my usual walk so went a different way and it was a bit over an hour
It is funny how an area can change since you last saw it

hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

shelsangel responded:
Morning I'm late OOPS,

Breakfast
1 c honey bunches w Almonds, 1 c FF milk, banana, kashi trail mix granola, 1 boiled egg (white, yellow, red, yellow)

Lunch
1 c lettuce, 2 c spinich, 1/2 c tomatoes, 2 tbs vinergette dressing, plum (green, green, red. purple)

Dinner
3 oz steak, med baked potatoe, 1/2 c green beans (red, brown, green)

Lots of water. Finally starting to cool off here in Phx, AZ at 420 am it was only 54 degrees and we are getting some much needed rain YEAH. Have a wonderful day everyone. Think positive that things will start changing for the good. HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

mardee responded:
Well Good Afternoon

Breakfast was a Granola bar with acai berry and blueberry ( i am assuming both blue??)

Lunch is going to be a hot pocket type thing with chicken and broccoli (green)

Dinner...... I still have no idea

So over this last week or so i have mentally beat myself up because of my eating choices.
I have ate nothing but unhealthy foods and i have over eaten at any chance i have been given
I think that i why i have not posted. I dint want to admit my horrible decisions in food.

But today is a new day and i will do my best to keep my choices good
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

SharonNVirginia responded:
Today will be a challenge.

Weigh in 207.8

eggs
bacon
salsa RED
apple
walnuts

in tremendous pain. Unable to keep my arm in action for more than 5 min. straight.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

justmejust responded:
Hi Judy, ShelsAngel, and everyone,

Back down to 182, I was at 181.8 on Oct. 1.

exercise: 55 min. easy calisthenics, 25 minutes easy swim, usual stretches

foods

breakfast
coffee
cinnamon
flax
kashi, smart start
half cup ff milk
half tsp raisins purple

lunch
med. peach orange
half banana white or yellow?
10 spears asparagus green
cup ff milk
1/4 avocado green
12 red grapes
tsp sunflower seeds, 30 peanuts, 20 pistachios

another busy day today, so glad I can exercise a little without joint pain, working toward zero pain

hope everyone with pain or friends and family with health issues is getting better every day!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

abnersmom responded:
Hi all,

AM weight: 148

Breakfast: oatmeal, apples and raisins
Lunch: Grilled chicken wrap from McDonalds
Dinner: Not sure yet - not hungry yet and have a lot to do

Had my 2 week follow up appt. at surgeons. He says I'm doing well and that my energy will come back, it just takes a while. Back in 4 weeks and hopefully will be released then.

My sister is being moved to a rehab center close to me. I don't know how long they'll keep her, but I hope at least 2 weeks. It sure beats the 45 min. drive to the hospital in Nashville every day.That was wearing me out. The paperwork took about 30 mins at the rehab place and I have to go back with some info I didn't know this afternoon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Deb you are doing great weight wise considering all the stress you have been having to go though
getting back to exercise will be great when you can after my breast surgery I was told no aerobic exercise for 4 weeks
I sure hope your sister gets better soon
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

An_253904 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi everyone, my name is Sandy, I'm 59 and need to lose a whopping 150 pounds. I have tried everything under the sun, and don't feel weight loss surgery is the answer, as I could easily gain weight again being a sugar addict. I'm excited to have found this community and have printed out the daily planner to keep count. It is recommended I have 1600 calories per day. What I need is help with an actual meal plan to follow, or at least suggestion menus. I'm Diabetic, on meds, and would appreciate any assistance, and will happily participate in this wonderful blog. Wishing everyone good luck on their journeys, thank you for the help in advance! (:

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy. She is better and hopefully, will build up her strength and appetite at the rehab place.

I still can only do "gentle" exercise. I don't understand the weight thing really, but I'm okay with it. 149.2 this morning. It probably is mostly muscle loss
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

abnersmom replied to An_253904's response:
Hi An_253904, Welcome to the group. We post our day's meals here so maybe that will help you make better choices. Most of us focus on nutrition and no processed foods.
The board is quieter than usual because many of us have had some bad luck lately. Here's hoping that changes soon!!!

jis4judy replied to An_253904's response:
Hi Sandy welcome to our little community we collectively share our foods and activity successes and our slip ups
Deb explained it well we focus on nutrition and avoiding processed foods ... we also list our meals and you can make you own meal plan that helps your diabetes and keeps your nutrition up . I think you have to limit white carbs for diabetes
maybe you could share that info .. we do have maybe 2 diabetics on board ..maybe from our list of foods you can make a meal plan that suits you .. we are all different ,I keep tweaking my plan as I go along On my life style change and nutrition quest ..been on my journey just over a decade
maintaining a loss of 98 pounds maybe more because I was on my plan a month or 2 before I weighed myself .
Hugs Judy

SharonNVirginia replied to An_253904's response:
Hi Sandy,

I am a 59 year old diabetic, too. I would recommend that you not try to go to 1600 calories a day right away.

We emphasize small sustainable life-long changes here.

For example, when I began I was drinking a whole 12 oz. coke first thing every morning. I had loads of OTHER bad habits, but I began with that. While reading "Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes, I first cut down to a 100 calorie coke (about 8 oz.). When I no longer felt deprived by that, I started drinking less than the whole 8 oz. Then substituted unsweetened iced tea.

Drinks with calories, even juices, are suspected of being major causes of obesity AND excess appetite.

You are smart, IMHO, to avoid weight loss surgery. It seems to me that it treats a symptom of our ailment, excess appetite, rather than the cause, a maladjusted metabolism of sugars and starches.

Substitute tasty unsweetened iced tea, water with a slice of lemon or lime or unsweetened bottled water for your caloric drinks and you should notice a decrease in appetite and a slow beginning weight loss.

Next start eliminating processed foods from your diet. If it comes in a box or a can, it's processed. If it has a listing of ingredients, it's processed. When you eliminate one thing, substitute something healthful. If cookies or candy are your downfall, have fruit instead. If you eat cereal in the AM, have oatmeal instead. Substitute whole grains for refined all-purpose wheat flour and you may lose weight without reducing your quantities.

Most important, DON'T be in a hurry. Measure your progress, not by pounds lost but by bad habits being dropped and good habits being adopted. Remember that you are a winner as long as you don't quit trying. We are relentlessly honest on here, even about cheating. As witness:

instead of having a good dinner, I was feeling sorry for myself over the pain so I ate a

ONION RINGS when I should have had a healthful choice.

Oh Yeah and Ketchup loaded with high fructose corn syrup.

What a stupid choice. I need to face the fact that these choices are keeping me from getting off my meds and slowing down my weight loss.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

SharonNVirginia replied to An_253904's response:
http://ste.vn/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Why-We-Get-Fat-Bonus.pdf

The "No Sugar, No Starch Diet" You have to carefully monitor blood sugar with this. I am still working up to complete compliance. I am currently eating about 120 grams of carbs per day. I will be reducing my carb intake by 10 grams per week until I am in compliance. This has a target of about 60 carbs per day.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am happy to find this group! Over the last 10 years, I have allowed the pounds to creep up slowly. Now I find myself 57 pounds overweight! I...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
61 of 76 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.