Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A quote for Friday
abnersmom posted:
"What you eat in private, you wear in public."

I think this quote hit home with me at this time, because when cleaning my sister's condo while she is hospitalized, I found Klondike bars and Oreos. I am not judging her. I have certainly eaten my share of bags of chips at home while no one was watching. I would never eat a whole bag of chips if other people were around. It's our health we're affecting when we do this "secret" eating.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
Oh Deb that had to be real hard for your sister being a sweet addict and being diabetic that's a tough combination /
I used to eat in private too so I know what you mean by the eating in private does eventually show up on the outside changing those habits is very difficult but it can be done
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
I love that quote!

Glad your sister is doing better. I hope she continues to heal.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

SharonNVirginia responded:
"What you eat in private, you wear in public."[br>

I need this pasted to my fridge. When we used to have people over, I could not bring myself to eat more than a mouthful or two in front of them. But after our company left and the dishes washed, I would sit down with a plate heaped high, eat it all and go back for dessert.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

parakeet210 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
secret eating uh huh! someone here talked about a 12 step program approach. I've eaten secretly and many other habits in my life that were life threatening much worse than the eating.
thing is eating does come to call you home when you least expect it. i'm trying to listen to intuition and no my limitations.

Another excellent thread!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

justmejust replied to parakeet210's response:
I'm guilty, however I eat the same in front of everyone too. Perhaps I do not have eating shame? Don't know! Don't recall hiding my eating though some takes place while alone when everyone is out or at work or school. Red birds won it! Yay! I can go to bed. I just need to eat healthy every time, whew this is challenging to relearn how to eat minimal calories that are all healthy!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 responded:
Oh Debbie, you are sharp like a laser today. How true this is! Guilty, guilty, guilty!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

foodadvenger responded:
yeah you didn't waste know time hinting around about it, you just spelled it write out Debbie! It was a good slap in the face though! Thank you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old. I had a baby girl 11/22/09 and she is my reason for changing my life. I am 5 ft 6 in and 225lbs I have been over weight nearly all ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.