1/2 C ff milk
3.1 oz orange
3.1 oz strawberries
1 C black coffee

colors red and orange
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Hi Judy! I didn't weigh in either.

Breakfast 1piece whole wheat toast, 2 clementines ,black coffee Lunch: eating out again will probably get subway turkey on wheat Dinner: plan is for my baked chicken tenders, broccoli, salad Apple for snack with walnuts!

Only exercise will be cleaning...one day at a time....oh and putting out a few fall decorations
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
I forgot to add in whats for dinner
gonna be leftover roasted chicken
with either sweet potato or brown rice and the vegie choices are brussel sprouts and broccoli
side salad with the usual ingredients

took a great 1 hour walk today
love the fall weather
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I'm in trouble and I need to start posting my food diary again. I've gained 6 pounds since the challenge ended. I had stopped counting and weighing myself until I got on the scale this morning. I've changed the number on my profile here to try and shame myself into better choices. If I don't make myself be accountable I know where this will end and I get so upset at the thought. My knees have started hurting more again and this explains why. I'm really mad at myself.

Breakfast - 1 cup original Puffins dry, clementine
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy you really need to change your mind set to eating as healthy as possible while keeping the calories in check
If you want less pain stop feeding the pain ..
post your weight every day and see if that helps
you can continue the challenge Kim started without an official challenge I am challenging you to challenge your self
you know what to do just Do It measure and weigh if that will do the trick
Hugs Judy

SharonNVirginia responded:
Weight 207.2

2 eggs
salsa RED
3 0z. blackberries PURPLE
romaine GREEN
Peppers RED
Cucumbers GREEN
Guacamole GREEN
chicken breast

we're going out to dinner with friends. And they're picking the restaurant. I will be vigilant and stick to my plan.

Kathy, Judy is right. As an expert on pain, I can tell you the pain is worse when you eat sugar in any form, refined carbs. As you are eating them, your insulin level shoots up. When they hit your blood stream, your elevated blood sugar level results in your liver converting them to fatty acids. Your cells then put inflammatory molecules into your bloodstream. Inflammation causes swelling in your tissues and damage to your blood vessels which results in pain. This change you are making is hard. But you need to hang in there and be honest especially with yourself. journal your eating. even when you eat something you wish you hadn't. It helps to keep things in perspective.

Let's race to onederland. What do you say?
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

justmejust replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi everyone! Sharon and Judy, we should make that bit about excess white sugar contributing to inflammation and pain in our bodies its own discussion! I learned this and yet I still fight the sugar pull.

Today I did my 85 min yoga class, gently to care for my shoulder, knee and foot joints. This made me happy again as I missed the relaxation time for me, its one way that I take care of myself now.

Today my calories were around 1800 which is high but not as high as yesterday. However my colors were even fewer: red grapes, green pepper, red pepper, green lime, I think that was all.

Still, I am grateful that despite today, every day isn't this dispicable anymore!!!!! That's a fantastic non scale victory worth celebrating today. I would be even more unhealthy at this moment if I hadn't been trying since 2010 to heal my body and lifestyle.

Cheers all!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I have never heard that before...that sugar increases pain! Very interesting! I have to think about this. And inflammation is definitely the problem that I have. Wow. Thanks for that little nugget guys. Not that I didn't blow it today, which is now yesterday.

Lunch - 2 1/2 oz roast beef on rye with LF mayo and ketchup, smoothie with 2 oz pomegranate juice, banana, 6 cherries, blueberries, 2 peach slices

Dinner- 2/3 chicken breast, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, red pepper, spinach, 1/3 c angel hair pasta, 1 slice Italian bread, 1 t butter

Snacks - larabar, 4 whole wheat crackers,2 pieces dark chocolate Dove promises.

Not good, I know. Way too much food. Way too much sugar.

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
No, Kathy, I think these are good choices for getting back on track.

On the inflammation front, get a copy of "You On A Diet" by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz. It explains how your body's inflammation works in plain text. Even better, it has funny allegorical illustrations. No kidding, they made me laugh out loud. And keeping the mental image in mind has helped me kick sugar. Check it out of the library. I'll bet you decide to buy a copy to keep at home for reference.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I actually have a copy downstairs in the bookshelf so I will be sure to read that section tomorrow. Thanks Sharon

I worry about the sugar in the fruit and I checked with my doctor. He said we'll see at my next blood work, but that very often blood sugar is not reflective of how much fruit I'm eating. I love the fruit so I hope I don't have to cut some of it out.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Hi Kathy fruit is ok not fruit juices though . the sugar that is bad for you is added sugars like baked goods candy and some healthy sounding bars ...and processed foods are full of added sugars
Sharon posted a vieo a while back that had all this info
I had heard it all before in articles but all the info was in that video speech ..
the idea was that a piece of fruit come with it's own antidote to the sugar fiber so increased fiber is very good for you the fruits and vegies are loaded with natural fibers
Hugs Judy

Now I remember that Judy. And that explains the juice. I have put some juice in my smoothie but just a splash for flavor and then I add water. I did that because I was trying to avoid dairy.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Kathy are you lactose intolerant ?
I use lactaid fat free calcium fortified milk it costs a little moore than regular milk but it does the job
Hugs Judy

Judy this is my dilemma. I have cut out dairy recently because I had the feeling it was increasing my joint inflammation. The problem is that eating supplemental calcium like that added to almond milk and in supplements, increases the risk of an occurrence of kidney stones. Right now I haven't come to a conclusion about the joints, but I know I will NEVER add supplemental calcium because stones are excruciating and I never want more!

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
Drinking calories, even in a "healthy" smoothie, is the enemy of weight loss. The body does not perceive calories in liquid form as well as solids. It doesn't flip the full switch in your brain as do solid foods.

I love smoothies, juices, milk and alcoholic drinks, But I don't plan on indulging in them until I get to my maintenance weight.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a lot of weight to lose and hoping that I can get help and support from others on here and I hope that I can return the help and support too (s...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.