Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Having trouble lossing weight
fansiebear posted:
I have been struggling to lose weight. I want to lose weight because I want to feel better about myself and also for health reasons, but I get discouraged when I don't see results.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hey Fansie Bear,

This is a very supportive community. We are sympathetic and can be your friends while you work to transform your life.

Judy, Debbie and Amber have reached their goal weights. Kim is more than halfway there. Some are just starting, some have been at it for months. But we can talk honestly here and exchange ideas and encouragement. I am 59 and have been overfat for 29 years. But if you'll look at my signature you'll see I am making progress.

Nobody here is pushing a product or particular answer. We aren't trying to lose 5 pounds in a week. We are just trying to make healthy choices and progress toward the eating habits and healthy bodies we want.

You're welcome here!!
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

foodadvenger responded:
Try to remember discouragement is your enemy so you have fight back that much more. I just joined this group to have support. I am needing to loose a total of 52 pounds. I have been cutting out the sugar and carbs to see if I can lose weight without counting calories. I weight in in the morning. I pray I show some results starting off, it has been a hard week. I love food as well. I lost 65 pounds several years back, then had 2 more children, and just have not found time to really work on getting the weight off. So I am now determined more than ever. I am 40 now, and want to feel 30 again, as of now I feel a good 50 probably. It is making me unhappy, so I decided to take care of mom a while, after all we have to take care of ourselves in order to take care of are families who need us the most. Wish me luck, and I will pray for your discouragement, and give you encouragement.

foodadvenger replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I love the Scripture you posted. I am a sister in Christ my self.

foodadvenger responded:
Just so you know you got to find that right mind set, mental attitude, what ever you decide to call it, and stick to it, like a real 40 hour job, got to commit to it, just like you commit in a marriage, if that helps. I was walking through ewjames the other night and I saw donuts packaged on sale for the night shift to get rid of. I picked up that box of donuts and replied to the donuts " I love you, but you are running my health!!..lol..and sat them back down on the counter and continued to shop, my teen said mom did anyone else see that..I said I don't know and don't care..lol.. they are my enemy as of this week...lol!

SharonNVirginia replied to foodadvenger's response:
I love that Food Avenger! Yep. I see those Entemann's Rich Frosted Popems staring me down at Walmart. I love them, but they done me wrong.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

FoodAdvengersDaughter responded:
HI, I am Food Avengers daughter. I am trying to loose 20 pounds. I just walked 4 miles, yeah!! Wish me luck! I am starting today!

jis4judy replied to FoodAdvengersDaughter's response:
Good luck kiddo you should do well since your Mom is on this journey just stick with it and try to make better choices in the eating part ..walking 4 miles that's awesome
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to FoodAdvengersDaughter's response:
Welcome FAD (sorry I'm NOT posting the whole name)! It's great you've joined your mom on her journey. You will both be great support for one another. Good luck!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

blondie454u responded:
What's some of the foods you are eating? Are you exercising? Please tell us more so we can better help you.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

blondie454u replied to FoodAdvengersDaughter's response:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger responded:
I think it happens to all of us, that is when we got to fight the more harder for what we want, giving up is easy, fighting for what we want is harder, it is natural to take the easy way out when things don't go our way, it is human nature. remember you are not alone, that is why we are all here to help each other along the way the best we can. Huggs Steph

foodadvenger responded:
To be perfectly honest. I wanted to stay home tonight and watch the voice I recorded instead of go walk, but you know I new I better go walk, laying on the couch was the easy way out, so I walked in the rain, from 845-9pm by street lights, and came home, I can watch the show later once I meet my goals. They have to come first. It really takes a fight mentally and physically to stay focused, when I get sore from exercise, I take a hot bath, and pain reliever before bed, and soon as I get up, so I don't think about my aches and pains, and I keep on moving forward. Steph

blondie454u replied to foodadvenger's response:
Good for you!

fansiebear responded:
I want to lose weight, but am struggling with issues in my life and when they start bothering me I eat. I like junk food and I tend to eat a lot especially after 6 pm. I want to stop doing this but what do I do? I don't have any friends to turn too for help and my family tries to support me in losing weight, but just doesn't seem to be enough.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been gaining and loosing weight most of my adult life. The diet of choice has always been weight watchers. I've lost and gained 90 lbs mo...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.