Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The Kathy Cheerleading Section
SharonNVirginia posted:
Dear Kathy,

How far you have already come! You have persevered through pain, stress and boredom. You have learned so much about nutrition and portion control. You are more beautiful, your metabolism is healthier, your thought processes clearer. You have learned to be honest with yourself about your eating habits. And as a side-effect of all this, you have lost fat. Unsightly, unhealthful, debilitating fat. Fat which causes high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, cancer, arthritis, acid reflux and sleep apnea.

You can do more. Don't let the team down. We need you, girl. And what if the Doctor were to set down the TARDIS in your backyard and tell you he needed your help? A stripped for action Kathy could better battle the Cybermen, Dalleks and other evil aliens better than a heftier Kathy could.

So, do it for your husband. Do it for your son. Do it for the team. Do it for the Doctor. But, MOST OF ALL, do it for yourself. Be all you can be.

Love, love, love, love
River AKA Sharon
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13
FirstPrevious12NextLast

parakeet210 responded:
Sharon is sure a good cheerleader! And good friend to all here!! Kathy, I support I as well. We need u here. I can no longer type on my laptop so using iPad instead! It's easier and faster!

Kathy,I didn't even make the challenge acceptable to myself and felt weird because I'm me. U on the other hand are a silly sharp gal.. I know of ur husbands trouble from a post here and give this perhaps some fuel to the fire to make ur self healthier so u can take care of u n family. Tats where I'm failing. Don't know if that shoe fits but if it does try it on and see how u can maneuver if u care more for ur self love ur self more. I'm giving myself a pep talk too and hoping these kind words may help. I took what Sharon said here to you to my heart. I hope u. Will too.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Wow! A topic just for ME? Thanks so much guys . And I really appreciate the pep rally because after 10 months posting my journey on this board I'm finding it easy to lose steam. Those are such kind words Sharon and Tweety and very very helpful. . "Once more into the breach" dear friends. (I've been watching The Hollow Crown on PBS soooo good)

Now Sharon, you may imagine that you are Melody Pond, but I'm here to disabuse you of that notion. If anyone here is going to be the Doctor's wife it is ME ME ME! I'm actually more worried that with me on board the Tardis won't be able to achieve lift-off! Soooo, more colors, less calories.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Yup Kathy just for you. You have done well you just have to keep the behaviors you learned and practice daily
You Can do IT !!!!!!!
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
LOL Kathy, That's our girl! I was reading about weight loss last night and about weight plateaus. Scientifically, no one has proven what they are, but all agree that you should continue to eat healthfully through the plateau. As far as losing steam goes, I have been trying to adopt the mindset that obesity is a condition I can only keep in check so long as I eat mindfully for the rest of my life. A dear friend who is a physician told me this weekend that I should be able to maintain my final weight by eating low carb-non starchy veg, meat, cheese and eggs, Monday through Friday and relaxing on the weekends. She said each individual has to calibrate what they can maintain weight with. She craves pasta. But instead of having a dinner plate piled high in the American style, she holds it to a salad plate with antipasto before, a salad, cooked veg and a small piece of meat. That is the farther shore I am hoping to reach. Is that something you could have as an eventual goal? \

I don't want to shop in the "fat" department anymore. I want to wear Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors. Don't you? Sometimes I go and browse in the thin section to get my motor running. I want to get one of those new lace tops, but when I take it off, I don't want people to mistake it for a tablecloth. I want to continue to see the bright smile on my husband's face as I shrink. I can't do much beyond sitting in my chair with my arm elevated, but being vigilant on the diet is resulting in weight loss, nonetheless. Every step you take puts a force equal to 4 times your weight on your leg joints. That's worth the price of continuing to reduce.

Melody Pond, the Doctor needs you!
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, I'm still calibrating I guess because we are kind of in the same boat movement wise I guess. I'm telling myself one thing at a time, and after the wedding I'll get a better picture of what my knee options are at this point. Each time I finish a challenge, my weight pops right back up, even tho I haven't gone back to my old eating habits. It's got to be related to movement for me. I know I can drop it with low low calories but back it comes. Maybe it will just take more time. And more dedication. How you are losing while confined to a chair a lot of the time is a miracle to me. My metabolism due to meds is very slow.

I can't cruise the department stores so I'm not tortured by the fashions unless I shop online, but I really want some mobility. I am determined, however not to leave this group. Laura is my role model because look how long she stayed and tried and tried until it finally began to come off. We have patience on our side.

Keep telling us your doctor friend's advice please because it is encouraging. By the way, I have a question.....here it comes.......................DOCTOR WHO?

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
I got stuck at this weight when on weight watchers. So when I got here again and again plateaued I went back to my bible "Why We Get Fat". He says the only proven way to lost fat is carb restriction. When you cut calories, your perforce cut carbs. But if you just cut carbs, you can avoid the fatigue and hunger AND lose more fat. If you look at what I've been eating, it's about 1500 to 2000 cal per day, but I have nearly eliminated grains and starchy vegetables. It's going well. Yesterday during the Redskins-Cowboys game, I watched my sons feast on tostitos and salsa and beer. Regardless, of the angst that game caused me I was NOT hungry and I avoided all that stuff.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

abnersmom replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Congrats on not joining in with the chips and salsa, sharon. You're doing great!

Kathy, you are right about hanging in there. I'm not sure that even Laura could tell you what "clicked" for her earlier this year, but obviously something did. It will for you too.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

foodadvenger responded:
Dear Sharon, I was reading your story. I love that you love the Lord as I do, I can tell we have so much in common. You mentioned after dropping weight watchers you maintained well, but did not loose anymore weight. I think having that support team is what motivated you during that time to loose weight, you were not feeling singled out and on your own. You mentioned your husband complained about the cost. That obviously as well took a negative impact on you and your feelings as well. Sometimes people who love us hurt us without even realizing it. You have to remember it is ok to think about number one sometimes. You have to put on the Full Armor of God, and become a Warrior. Warriors take great care of themselves, the eat well, they exercise, so think of yourself as a warrior. Love your temple as Christ wants you to love your Temple. After all we only get one. My health issues are not near what yours are, but you can turn that all around. Small changes matter. Take it to the alter. Forgive who is hurting you the most and that is you, cause you have let yourself down in the taking care of your health, but I am sure you have been busy taking care of everyone else and that is why, it happens to the best of us. Were busy mom's, we baby the husbands, and we end up on the back burner. Take time for number one for a while, ignore sarcastic remarks, discouragement, anything that might hurt emotional and become that warrior I know you can be. Gone to walk the kids to the park. Blessings your way! Steph

blondie454u replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy,

Remember to look at your progress instead of how much further you have to go. Look how much you have improved.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

shelsangel responded:
Go Kathy we just all have to think positive thoughts. We can do it. Well that is one of my theories and nother is "Everything happens for a reason" don't know why but they just do. HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

mog1026 replied to shelsangel's response:
Kisses to Amber and Jean xxoo

Sugar sugar sugar....I have been thinking about that and googling the connection with knee inflammation.

Milton, Paradise Lost

foodadvenger replied to mog1026's response:
yeah chick, you know sugar has no nutritional value what so ever, it just taste great, that is why there are so many over weight American's. We love the stuff. Sugar is like a bad drug, it is hard to kick the habit. But once you have not ate much, you don't crave it as much no more, I beet it could have some affect on inflammation in the knees and other places too. I love chocolate, and I love the new special k cereal with chocolate and it is low calorie but healthy, I also buy the pecan clusters with no sugar, so if I do want something naughty to eat, it is a little better for me, and it don't cause me to ruin what I have worked at all week. I have truvia in my kitchen now instead of splenda, it is suppose to be better for you, it is a natural sweetener, were splenda is artificial. That fake stuff scares me, I don't know what is in it. I don't want to eat to much of it. let me know what you find out about the inflammation thing, that is a good topic. Steph

rohvannyn replied to foodadvenger's response:
I use Stevia and Truvia as well. Just weaning yourself off the need for sweet things can really help. It's amazing how much sugar is in our food, everywhere! It makes things more addicting. Look on the labels for anything ending in "ose." dextrose, sucrose, fructose, glucose, it's all sugar. You would be amazed at what gets added to things.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger replied to rohvannyn's response:
I agree, some yogurt are eat up with sugars, if the first or second ingredient says corn syrup you might as well put it down, kids gummy snacks are full of corn syrup, you know that isn't healthy, my kids love them, but if you want a healthier life style, that is a big red flag going up. You know with yogurt if it is only 150 calories, but eat up with sugar you still not going to loose weight, cause of the sugar content, anything I purchase, I try to make sure that sugar is under 7 or 8 on the package any number higher than that I put it back. The V8 drinks they say are good for you, but you really got to watch them too. It is amazing what they put in food. We need the whole yogi bear approach to food, if it don't grow in a garden or in the wild, it probably is not much good for you. After all he gets all his goodies he really don't need from those picnic baskets, that are left by us Humans...LOL..little Debbie, pies, etc..LOL, I don't blame yogi for getting those baskets, that is good eating, but not for your health...LOL! No wonder the park ranger stays on top of it....lol..I heard if you want naughty food leave home to get it, and only buy what you want to eat right then, you know yoga has to leave his cave to get the baskets...we could learn from yogi Bear!!! Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.