Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Favorite low cal snacks ladies, less share Ideas!
foodadvenger posted:
I saw one I am trying tomorrow it is a half a banana with yogurt brushed over it and frozen like a pop cycle. I loved that idea, cause I love sweets, so I am trying to come up with healthier choices for me and the kids. You know this might be great with fat free chocolate pudding brushed over it and frozen and maybe a small spoon of peanut butter. What you girls think?

jis4judy responded:
Hi Food Advenger
welcome aboard
my favorite healthy snack
is a small apple cut into slices and some natural peanut butter to dip into it if you measure out 1 T natural peanut butter and have a 4 oz apple it is under 150 but a bigger apple and more peanut butter will of course be more so it is essential to weigh and measure the foods portion control is important
another one I like is 2 ounces of pistachios in shell 171 calories

a simple pear can be a 90 calories snack

2 cups watermelon under 100 cals

an apple if small enough can be 60 cals a bigger apple closer to 100

a bowl of strawberries 50 cals
a full cup of blueberries 80 calories

5 Cups air popped popcorn 150

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

foodadvenger replied to jis4judy's response:
Hey Judy, I love all those snacks you mentioned. I am shopping today and gonna stock the frig for the week. Thank you for your response it made me feel very welcomed here, that is so important to individuals going support groups, I feel the love! I thought I might make some home made chicken noodle soup in the crockpot today without the noodles of course. So I get plenty of protein and veggies. I want to get were I cook better for the whole family. I weighted in this morning after 7 days I have dropped 2 pounds not eating bread and pasta"s and less sugar. I even went from ice cream to chocolate frozen yoguart 1/2 cup for one of my snacks since I love ice cream. Wishing you all the best of luck as well.

jis4judy replied to foodadvenger's response:
I simmered some soup stock yesterday and then made broth maybe tonight I will turn it into soup I do my own processing that way I know whats in it

what is a good sub for ice cream is plain non fat greek yogurt and frozen berries a drizzle of honey another 150 cal dessert this is really good you can buy frozen raspberries with nothing added or freeze some fresh ones makes an ice vcream like dessert yummy and healthy too

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Hi food avenger, welcome. Like Judy, my snacks are generally fruit, but I'm not much of a slacker, I save my calories for my meals. I do frequently have a cup of green tea if I get hungry in between meals. I always forget to list what I drink when I post my foods!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

foodadvenger replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you for welcoming me, returning the love! I too like to eat my calories and not drink them. This way I fill full and satisfied. It has been hard this week removing white flour and almost all sugar from my diet, but the cravings have finally stopped. I love sugar free gum, it has helped, and I drink on water all the time too. I did purchase some 100 calorie packs today, but I know a few a week want hurt even though they are still not real healthy, I can still feel as I got that cookie I wanted. Take care gone to bed!

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! My snacks are fruits, nuts, and yogurt.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in Sept. of 2011 and I believe I was around 222 lbs. at that time. I began a "diet" in June 2011 at 265 lbs. I was m...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 28 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.