Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how to get this weight off?
papa27 posted:
I have gained this weight over the years, i think mostly from steroid and sweets. I have allergy real badly which affect my breathing, so everything the Dr's prescribed has steroids i do think if i find a way to loose this weight my breathing will be better. Can someone help me please, i try to walk for exercise.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Papa27
after eating as healthy as I could for a few years my life long asthma went away I haven;t needed meds since 2006
the sweets cause inflammation in the body so first step is to eliminate them... walking is a great exercise .
The breathing got better and better along the way as the weight came off . Join our rainbow challenge list your foods to see if you are eating well enough to help your body heal .
look at our foods and se if any of it can be incorporated into a plan for you
welcome abourd Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! Judy has given you some great advice.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger responded:
I got 5 suggestions, I take steroids to for allergies, my get worse by the year.

1. walk 5-7 days a week keep your heart rate up, do a mile of fast walking in the morning and evening atleast.

2. remove enriched white flour, and sugar from your diet.

3. eat several meals a day, healthy ones, so you stay full, eat you biggest meal at lunch.

4. grab you some hand weights at wal-mart and add them to walking, if your on the couch or a recliner keep them handy and put them to good use. baby steps make major out comes.

5. stay focused, and when going out take you a emergency backup for food that is healthy, or know what you need to order a head of time. like mcdonals-you can eat 2 baked chicken snack raps, and a diet drink or unsweet tea, You can also get 2 side salads and only use one pack of dressing, the calories in all that stuff we love really add up and it is hard to burn off.

Best Wishes! Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a classic "Yo-yo" guy who seems to go in 3-4 year cycles of about a 150 pound range. I've been doing this most of my 47 years so...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.