Skip to content
Judy and all,
ladylavender posted:
Hello. You asked about my soup. I finally made it last week. Ended up using stuff I had on hand. I had a bag of lentils, water, a large can of diced tomatoes, celery, carrots, a can of black beans, a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach leaves, some broccoli I found in freezer, garlic, and some other seasonings. I think that was about it. After it cooked, I ladled it into 2 smaller containers I could handle 1-handed.

I ended up taking some of those veggies to a friend's house for cutting. My neighbor has been pretty sick, but she is doing better now. And I did a "MacGyver" with that can of diced tomatoes. I think an electric can opener is a waste of counter space and just have a hand crank one. I found a thick, little rubber band that probably came on a bunch of broccoli or something and doubled that around the handles and managed the can 1-handed.

The soup is nothing to write home about, but it works for me.

I still can't sleep very well with this cast, so I end up taking a catnap or 2 when I can. I am a little weepy today but doing a little better after lying down for a bit.

I know a lot of us have extra burdens right now...Peace to all.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

parakeet210 responded:
Man that's amazingly could handle all that!! Kudos to you! It's hard to be down I know I have a lot of experience being injured (not by choice). I had a hand injury that I got casted for and I learned t be ambidextrous

I don't really know u Abby. But can I say God Speed to you
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

ladylavender replied to parakeet210's response:
Thank you, TK!

Oh, onions. I had onions in there, too. LOL
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

SharonNVirginia replied to ladylavender's response:
That's persistence. You are extraordinary. Indulge in the weepiness when necessary. Being in a cast is like being trapped. But you will be freed. I have kept a count when I was in a cast of how many days remained til I would be freed, but that backfired when my ankle didn't heal on schedule.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
With this group as it stands today, I think we could schedule a weepiness time each afternoon Abby and lots of us could join right in. How about 2:15 to 2:30pm? Lots of us surely need it and its good for misery to have company even if its virtual
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Hi Abby thanks for posting what goes into the soup
I made some chicken broth that I might try to make lentil soup with and add in a few of those things . I am sorry that youare so sad but sometimes a good cry can make you feel better
I am a tad worried about Kim she has been MIA for almost a week . I know she had some worries about her partner Michael . I sure hope she is ok ..
take care of your self and that arm ok?
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
You go with your badself with the can opener LOL. Yes you can be a little weepy. Just rest and get well.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
Being weepy is good for you anyway. Crying clears toxins from the tear ducts so that's why you feel better. I wish you a fast recovery.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

ladylavender replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you, everyone.
Hey, Roh, I did notice a similar comment in another post. Didn't mean to ignore. Been crying for lots of reasons. Yes, it is cleansing. A little tired of it, though. A pastor friend of mine calls them "liquid prayers."

-Abby

rohvannyn replied to ladylavender's response:
Ah, didn't mean to be repetitive. It's just one of those things modern society forgets. I know what you mean about being tired of crying!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger responded:
I had you have been said too, life has it's way of all working out. I was reading and hey I love my counter can opener, electric I mean. I've not used a hand crank in years, but I kept it for emergencies. Soup sounds pretty good actually. Nice to meet you! Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am happy to find this group! Over the last 10 years, I have allowed the pounds to creep up slowly. Now I find myself 57 pounds overweight! I...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.